Win Testers needed ! - HW video decoding re-work (DXVA2)
(2019-01-27, 12:37)am2015 Wrote: @afedchin: I'm confused. The stereoscopic flickering/"jumping" of the video only occurs in your testversion provided above. It does not happen in the "standard" nightly e.g. KodiSetup-20190126-d465913c-master-x64. Do you want me to open a new topic for your specific KodiSetup-20190125-85e74285-dxva-x64 version?
 ok then keep it here. your logs are very difficult to analyse, please disable FFMpeg logging.
(2019-01-26, 21:58)am2015 Wrote: Issue: 3D playback seems to be broken for sbs and top/down. Either the right part (sbs) or lower part (top/down) of video is flickering. When switching TV to 3D then the flickering continues and 3D is broken.

I can't reproduce the issue with the same video card. but I have 417.71 driver installed.
Have updated driver to 417.71. Issue still exists. In SBS only right video part is flickering/"jumping", in OU the U part is flickering. It happens within the first 30s of the sample video. See attached debug log with ffmpeg debugging disabled as requested.

https://paste.kodi.tv/jecovutubi.kodi

Hope that it helps identifying the issue.
@afedchin just for information, i contacted the AMD Support.
They told me AMD doesn't support NV12 :/ maybe it's possible to add a hardswitch to software then?
Quote:Thomas (AMD)
28. Jan., 12:36 CET
Sehr geehrter Herr Grossmann,
Danke, dass Sie den AMD-Kundendienst kontaktiert haben. Ich bedaure, dass das Bild grün dargestellt wird wenn Sie versuchen, eine Mpeg 4 Datei über NV12 oder DXVA2 in Kodi 18 abzuspielen.
NV12 ist ein Farbformat, welches von AMD Hardware nicht unterstützt wird. Unterstützte Farbformate wären YcBcR und RGB. DXVA2 ist ein Codec, der unter Windows Vista als Standard galt. Aktuell werden meistens AVC (bei AMD) bzw. NVENC (bei Nvidia), H.264 oder H.265 verwendet. Funktioniert es mit diesen Einstellungen oder gibt es auch dabei irgendwelche Probleme?
Für weitere Fragen stehe ich Ihnen weiterhin gerne zur Verfügung.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas
Ihr AMD-Kundendienst

So stupid, i don't want to convert my whole tv shows Smile
(2019-01-28, 14:37)skybird1980 Wrote: @afedchin just for information, i contacted the AMD Support.
They told me AMD doesn't support NV12 :/ maybe it's possible to add a hardswitch to software then?
lol what? are they so stupid? if so, my suggest will be do not buy AMD products at all.
(2019-01-28, 14:37)skybird1980 Wrote: So stupid, i don't want to convert my whole tv shows Smile
converting doesn't help. coding format doesn't matter for rendering.
other formats works flawless, so this is what i can do.^^
@afedchin were you able to take a look at my new logs from my last response with the current nvidia driver?
Yes, I was, but I see nothing that can throw the light on your issue. As I said early I can't reproduce the issue with the same GPU.
Hm, what can I do to help? It only happens with your version. It does not happen at all with the default nightlies from main repository.
Is this something what could be the cause: WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
(2019-01-28, 14:37)skybird1980 Wrote: @afedchin just for information, i contacted the AMD Support.
Quote:Thomas (AMD)
28. Jan., 12:36 CET
Sehr geehrter Herr Grossmann,
Danke, dass Sie den AMD-Kundendienst kontaktiert haben. Ich bedaure, dass das Bild grün dargestellt wird wenn Sie versuchen, eine Mpeg 4 Datei über NV12 oder DXVA2 in Kodi 18 abzuspielen.
NV12 ist ein Farbformat, welches von AMD Hardware nicht unterstützt wird. Unterstützte Farbformate wären YcBcR und RGB. DXVA2 ist ein Codec, der unter Windows Vista als Standard galt. Aktuell werden meistens AVC (bei AMD) bzw. NVENC (bei Nvidia), H.264 oder H.265 verwendet. Funktioniert es mit diesen Einstellungen oder gibt es auch dabei irgendwelche Probleme?
Für weitere Fragen stehe ich Ihnen weiterhin gerne zur Verfügung.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas
Ihr AMD-Kundendienst

So stupid, i don't want to convert my whole tv shows Smile

i wouldn't believe the amd guy a word. it's obvious that the amd guy doesn't know what he's talking about:

„DXVA2 ist ein Codec, der unter Windows Vista als Standard galt. Aktuell werden meistens AVC (bei AMD) bzw. NVENC (bei Nvidia), H.264 oder H.265 verwendet.“

what a nonsense...
(2019-01-28, 21:31)am2015 Wrote: Is this something what could be the cause: WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
no.
@afedchin Are the changes which are part of your test release already in the nightlies? How can I help identifying the issue and have it reproduced? It only occurs with the version you provided in the first post.
not yet
the build was updated, see OP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers needed ! - HW video decoding re-work (DXVA2)0