ServerWMC - Not sure if bug or I'm doing it wrong
Recently new build of kodi 17.6 with a Hauppage quad tuner. If I'm watching live TV and hit record, there doesn't seem to be a way to stop recording other than stopping the entire stream. But no matter what I do, I can't get back to live TV. If I click "Switch", it just starts playing the previously recorded .wtv file. Even if I use the context menu, and "switch to channel", a pop up asks if I want to start from the beginning, clicking "no" just starts playing the previously recorded clip again, from the beginning. I have to physically exit out of kodi if I want to start watching live TV on that channel again.

https://pastebin.com/AKeTnTEk

Now the Hauppage software does the same thing, just stops the entire stream if you stop recording. But there's a "live TV" in the menu that will take me back to live TV, instead of playing the previously recorded file. Not sure if related. Any ideas? Thanks.
I don't understand.   You are watching a live stream, decide to record it while you are watching it.  Then you decide to stop recording it (can't you do this by deleting the timer? Is that what you mean by 'stopping the entire stream'?).  Then you want to start watching the channel again (live) but you can't?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2019-01-23, 03:42)krustyreturns Wrote: I don't understand.   You are watching a live stream, decide to record it while you are watching it.  Then you decide to stop recording it (can't you do this by deleting the timer? Is that what you mean by 'stopping the entire stream'?).  Then you want to start watching the channel again (live) but you can't?
 Exactly, but I didn't know about deleting just the timer instead of using the stop button. But yeah, there's no way to get back to "live" TV if I record something manually, it just plays the previously recorded file. I can fast forward but I don't think it ever fully catches up to being live.

Though now I'm guessing just hitting "stop" doesn't stop recording? Just exits the tuner but keeps recording in the background, since the timer hasn't been deleted? And just tested it, and deleting the timer allows me to go back to live TV. But still might be a bug, in that if there's a timer set, clicking "no" on "start from the beginning" still starts from the beginning of the recording.
Right, 'stop' doesn't mean 'stop recording' it just means stop watching.  I thought when people hit record while they are watching live tv, its because they decided to watch the rest later.  Also, when you hit record it is just going to record the show you are currently watching, not just keep recording indefinitely.  So no reason to go through the hassle of killing the timer imo.

As for going back to watching the stream that you decided to record - then stopped watching - then went back to watching, its behavior is by design - it has to do with how live streams are handled in swmc.  You are right it is 'not quite live' unless you fast forward.  I don't view it as a bug, but I can understand how it might not be the behavior you want in this situation.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC - Not sure if bug or I'm doing it wrong0