• 2(current)
Release TheMovieDB - Movie scraper
Thanks, the workaround works great, thanks.
Notice:

metadata.themoviedb.org- v5.1.9 for Krypton and higher is now available.
metadata.themoviedb.org- v4.1.6 for Gotham to Jarvis is now available.

You can...

1. Wait upto 24 hours for your repository and add-on to update automatically, assuming you have not disabled these settings
2. Go to Settings > Add-ons and force a repository update from the left sideblade menu by selecting Check for updates. You may need to wait until the update reaches the servers in your part of the world.
3. Download and install from zip from the following links...
  1. Gotham - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...viedb.org/
  2. Krypton - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/me...viedb.org/

Thanks @olympia
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I second that, thank you @olympia You're a star! Big Grin

Not got it yet, so will check a bit later Smile
@Karellen & @olympia : Thanks!

I checked v5.1.9 for Krypton. It's an improvement in comparison to v5.1.8, but it doesn't solve all issues. My test set consists of 5 movies. With v5.1.8 only one movie was found – with a wrong result of "Der große Gatsby (1949)" where it should have been "Der große Gatsby (2013)". Now three movies are found, including the correct item "Der große Gatsby (2013)". To give a sample of a movie which is still not found: "Dead Snow (2009)". The "Universal Movie Scraper" has problems with movies at themoviedb.org too. It has other results, they are incomplete too – like no result of "Dead Snow (2009)". BTW, I'm using German language settings and hope the problems do not depend on language settings.
@PatriciaTegtmeier

Olympia will have to respond as he is the developer, but my understanding is there are still some ongoing issues that need to be thought out before this is all fully resolved.

In the meantime, it would be best if users use the Parsing NFO method to scrape any difficult titles.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen – Thank you for your commitment to this matter! Let's hope that you and @olympia can achieve something in this matter. I know the NFO method. I have spoken of five test files. My movie database consists of several thousand files that I occasionally reorganize. My suspicion is that the topic may affect other users with hundreds or thousands of movie files. For users with many files, the NFO method is not an acceptable option. Therefore, it is important that this problem is solved. It has not been a problem in the past and should not be a problem now and in the future. Therefore, we hope for your commitment and that of @olympia. I wish you and @olympia every success in this regard and I am sure that many users will be grateful to you. Can I support you in any way? For example with tests?
To summarize the topic: A functioning system is broken. The causes are to be determined. The analysis should show how to repair the broken system.
@PatriciaTegtmeier

Try this scraper... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344580

I use it as my primary scraper. You only need to be aware of the Known Issue, otherwise it works just like the scraper from this thread.
My Signature
@Karellen – Thanks for your hint! I'll try this scraper whose existence I was not aware of until now. However: To mention a 3rd scraper doesn't resolve the problems we have with the two scrapers mentioned here so far. We can not solve the problems that two scrapers have, by bringing a third scraper into play. I am not only interested in a solution to my problems, but also in solutions for users of the two previously named scrapers. Therefore, it is still necessary for us to address the issues mentioned above. Regardless of what experiences I will make with the third scraper you mentioned.
Senior IT expert
It is not a 3rd party scraper. It is a Kodi scraper, developed by Team-Kodi. The only issue holding back its release is the Known Issue which requires a core change in Kodi planned for v19, otherwise it is a fully functioning scraper that exceeds the features of this scraper. A PR for Trakt support was added to it a few days ago also and if merged you can download that version off Github.

I use it as my primary scraper.

Yes, the other two default scrapers need attention, but being Regex based, they now require a lot of planning to overcome this current issue. It is not something that will happen in a couple of days. Unfortunately we have only one active team member that can solve this problem.
My Signature
Thank you for this information. They help to understand what is going on behind the scenes.
Senior IT expert
BTW, I was speaking of a "3rd scraper", not of a "3rd party scraper". This is a semantical difference and it should be avoided to mix these terms.
Senior IT expert
"Dead Snow (2009)" is being scraped correctly at my side with v5.1.9 using german language.
@olympia, could the problem of @PatriciaTegtmeier be related to metadata.universal: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/140
(2019-09-15, 07:32)AMoo-Miki Wrote: @olympia, could the problem of @PatriciaTegtmeier be related to metadata.universal: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/140

Don't think so, UMS was completely broken due to the copy-past issue you spotted, while @PatriciaTegtmeier tests showed 3 successful scraping result out of 5 what wouldn't have been possible with UMS.

Many thanks for the PR, actually I was just about pushing a fix myself as well Smile
You saved me a few Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - Movie scraper0