• 11(current)
Release TheMovieDB - Movie scraper
Notice:

metadata.themoviedb.org updated to v5.2.3 for Leia and above is now available

You can...
1. Wait up to 24 hours for your repository and add-on to update automatically, assuming you have not disabled these settings
2. Go to Settings > Add-ons and force a repository update from the left sideblade menu by selecting Check for updates. You may need to wait until the update reaches the servers in your part of the world.
3. Download and install from zip from the following links...
  1. Leia - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/meta...viedb.org/

* This fixes a recent change by TheMovieDB which caused a movie different to the one selected to be scraped.

All thanks go to @olympia
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
you are so fast seriously thanks !
NOTICE:

We are aware the update to the scraper yesterday did not resolve the issue. We consider the scraper still broken.

Once again TheMovieDB have made changes which are difficult to accommodate in the XML based scrapers. This affects both The Movie Database scraper and Universal Movie Scraper.

To continue scraping please switch over to the new Python based scraper... Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python (wiki)
A current known issue with this scraper is that posters are scraped in English and this still needs to be fixed. If you use another language, download the correct poster manually.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The python 1.3.1 have the same errors with adding movies.
An example: When i add the movie "Nur 48 Stunden (1982).mkv" i get listed the movie in Kodi as "Limbus - Ein "Nur 48 Stunden"-Film (2015)"
I think I have just hit this problem (and am using 5.2.3)
I was searching for a film I recorded recently ... "Amundsen"
The Kodi search (broadly equivalent to)
https://www.themoviedb.org/search/movie?query=Amundsen
returns 10 results - with the titles (edited from the json returned to Kodi)
Code:
            "id": 545836,
            "title": "Amundsen",
            "original_title": "Amundsen",

"id": 469200,
            "title": "Amundsen's Dogs",
            "original_title": "Los perros de Amundsen",

"id": 344449,
            "title": "Roald Amundsen on the South Pole",
            "original_title": "Roald Amundsen på sydpolen",

"id": 262953,
            "title": "Amundsen der Pinguin",
            "original_title": "Amundsen der Pinguin",

"id": 583033,
            "title": "Roald Amundsen",
            "original_title": "Roald Amundsen",

"id": 253982,
            "title": "Roald Amundsen - Ellsworths flyveekspedition 1925",
            "original_title": "Roald Amundsen - Ellsworths flyveekspedition 1925",

"id": 436149,
            "title": "Battle in the Ice - Amundsen Omega3 South Pole Race",
            "original_title": "Battle in the Ice - Amundsen Omega3 South Pole Race",

"id": 459054,
            "title": "Roald Amundsen's South Pole Expedition",
            "original_title": "Roald Amundsens Sydpolsferd (1910–1912)",

"id": 678320,
            "title": "Titina",
            "original_title": "Titina",

"id": 254070,
            "title": "Med 'Maud' over Polhavet",
            "original_title": "Med 'Maud' over Polhavet",

but the XML results returned by GetSearchResults have reduced that set and made a mess of the associations between title and ids.

Code:
        <title>Amundsen</title>
        <id>469200</id> <!-- wrong id ... this is from "Amundsen's Dogs" -->

<title>Roald Amundsen på sydpolen</title>
        <id>262953</id> <!-- wrong id ... this is from "Amundsen der Pinguin" -->

<title>Roald Amundsen</title>
        <id>253982</id> <!-- wrong id ... this is from "Roald Amundsen - Ellsworths flyveekspedition 1925" -->

<title>Battle in the Ice - Amundsen Omega3 South Pole Race</title>
        <id>459054</id> <!-- wrong id ... this is from "Roald Amundsen's South Pole Expedition" -->

<title>Amundsen</title>
        <id>469200</id> <!-- duplicate of above -->

<title>Roald Amundsen on the South Pole</title>
        <id>262953</id> <!-- duplicate of above -->

<title>Roald Amundsen</title>
        <id>253982</id> <!-- duplicate of above -->

<title>Battle in the Ice - Amundsen Omega3 South Pole Race</title>
        <id>459054</id> <!-- duplicate of above -->
I don't understand you guys. 
There is an announcement just 1 and 2 posts above your complaints that we are aware of the issue and doing our best to resolve it. I am wondering, what more do you expect to happen based on your posts? Really, what?
I was just giving an example that should be easy to replicate - so that it could be easily used for testing in the next version.
I see a 5.2.4 is up now.
I'll try it out later.
It seems as though 5.2.4 has fixed the issue.  Two test titles that wouldn't scrape properly before are now working.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
Notice:

metadata.themoviedb.org updated to v5.2.4 for Leia and above is now available

You can...
1. Wait up to 24 hours for your repository and add-on to update automatically, assuming you have not disabled these settings
2. Go to Settings > Add-ons and force a repository update from the left sideblade menu by selecting Check for updates. You may need to wait until the update reaches the servers in your part of the world.
3. Download and install from zip from the following links...
  1. Leia - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/meta...viedb.org/

* The second attempt at fixes for recent changes by TheMovieDB which caused a movie different to the one selected to be scraped.

All thanks go to @olympia
My Signature
version 5.2.4 solved the problem.
But now i must chance filenames from 180 movies which not scraped yesterday with the error. Otherwise they would not added to the database.
Hello all,

themoviedb is getting worse and worse. he is no longer able to recognize the film titles he has in his database. sometimes we get what he finds by sending him only the beginning of the title. for example, "Sorry we missed you" is found if I put only "Sorry" and choose from the list. he posts this film in 2017. once scraped, he puts the year 2019 which is right ?? !!

I changed a source with universal mobile scraper and came back to themoviedb, the scraping was worst than before so there is really a problem.

I use kodi Leia.
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
(2020-11-26, 13:22)Jacques56 Wrote: Hello all,

themoviedb is getting worse and worse. he is no longer able to recognize the film titles he has in his database. sometimes we get what he finds by sending him only the beginning of the title. for example, "Sorry we missed you" is found if I put only "Sorry" and choose from the list. he posts this film in 2017. once scraped, he puts the year 2019 which is right ?? !!

I changed a source with universal mobile scraper and came back to themoviedb, the scraping was worst than before so there is really a problem.

I use kodi Leia.
Which version of TheMovieDB scraper are you using?
5.2.4 came out yesterday
(2020-11-26, 15:01)Paul Webster Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 13:22)Jacques56 Wrote: Hello all,

I use kodi Leia.
Which version of TheMovieDB scraper are you using?
5.2.4 came out yesterday
I have v5.2.2 and no official update in kodi repository
Beelink GT King - CoreElec V9.2.7 - Kodi 18.9 - Skin Aeon MQ8 V2.9.0 Leia
See earlier post
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2991361

5.2.4 has appeared in the repo that my Kodi installation uses and it resolved the problem that I documented above.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - Movie scraper0