• 16(current)
Release TheMovieDB - Movie scraper
The XML version of the scraper still seems to have problems with fetching the proper posters, at least in 18.9. The Python version of the scraper works fine though, so switching to that is a good option. Smile
Hello,

I'm having an issue with the scraper, it keeps giving me a "Couldn't download information" prompt with further info "Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?"

The TMDB TV Show scraper works fine though. 

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

--------

EDIT:

I tried the Python version and it worked fine.
Just updated to Matrix and not seeing the addon under the official repository…
In 5.2.6 the language assignment is broken.
I had set it to "de-de", but still get the title, description, trailer link, etc. in English.
After I reverted back to 5.2.4, it worked again, so there must be a bug in 5.2.6.

Is it possible that it has something to do with the language option?
In 5.2.4 the option value for German was only "de", in 5.2.6 it's "DE-de".
@Bluebrain

Which movie? Did you check there is a German translation?

(2022-01-08, 07:40)Bluebrain Wrote: Is it possible that it has something to do with the language option?
In 5.2.4 the option value for German was only "de", in 5.2.6 it's "DE-de".
No. TMDB changed their language codes, and we had to update the scraper so it still worked.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's the latest James Bond movie ("No time to die")
my filename: "James Bond 007 Keine Zeit zu sterben (2021) - 4K RMX Atmos.mkv"
Yes, there is a German translation (to see it, you will have to change the site language with the language selection button in the header)
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/370172-no-time-to-die

As I said, if I revert back to 5.2.4 everything is fine and I get the German title, poser graphics, trailer link, ...

Just a guess: Is it possible that TMDB reverted back to the old language codes (because of user feedback and several other broken implementations) and now the updated Kodi addon does not work with the new language codes (which were changed back)?

summary:
5.2.6: with the language set to "DE-de", all data is still fetched in English
5.2.4: with language="de", it's in German as it should be
@Bluebrain

I just tested this and I was able to scrape the German language using v5.2.6 of the scraper.

Can you please provide a Debug Log that captures you scraping the movie.

Just to confirm that you have set the language in setting 5c shown in the image? Maybe you set it in Settings>Addons instead?

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I got no cast list for Smokey and the Bandit 2 & 3, but the original was fine. Both versions of the Movie DB scraper (Python & XML) gave me the same result. Can anyone confirm?
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2022-08-26, 04:18)VonMagnum Wrote: Can anyone confirm?
Works fine for me.
My Signature
Thanks. Seems to have been a temporary glitch, possibly related to low storage space on the SD card where thumbnails are stored as videos also began freezing or stopping randomly. I cleaned it up and created 16GB of extra space and all seems well again.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Hello,

I'm new on the forum but using Kodi for some time and would like your thoughts regarding my two issues. I'm using an Android version, 20.2.

First problem I have are James Bond movies (or bigger collections of movies, but let's focus on this one). Right now in my source folder I have folder names like "18 GoldenEye (1995)" etc., but of course the scraper does not recognize that one properly. Inside that folder the file/movie name is "GoldenEye (1995).mkv" which is also not scraped. I already tried with toggling the option "movies are in a separate folders ...", but no luck. I could edit these manually, but there's 26 movies at the moment and doing this each time I rebuild the library would be a pain in the butt, especially since this is not the only big collection I have.

I also do not want to remove the "18" in front of the movie name (in folder) since if I do, then the collection becomes a proper mess. Kodi is not the only software I'm using for playback.

Second problem I have are movies that are not released yet, but a collection is made. I can manually remove the movies from the collections, but I would prefer to automate this task. For example, take a look at this collection: https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/11...collection
As you can see, there's a second movie which is "planned", but it's already in the list and a collection is made. I went through the library and noted these statuses of movies that should be excluded: planned, post production, rumored, in production. Basically anything that wasn't released yet. Is it possible to exclude these while scraper does it's magic? And of course, when the movie is released and I add it into the library, a collection is recognized?
(2023-11-18, 11:19)DePalmo Wrote: First problem
If you don't want to remove the "18", then your only option is to use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing

(2023-11-18, 11:19)DePalmo Wrote: Second problem I have are movies that are not released yet
Nope, nothing can be done about that. It's a problem at TMDB, so you should notify them to remove the collection.

Also, I hope you are not using the scraper that belongs to this thread. It is broken and has been removed from the repo. You should be using this one... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python
My Signature
Thank you for your response! Will look into .nfo parsing, as you suggested.

Honestly, I'm not sure which one I'm using and I haven't checked. I installed Kodi from Play Store and I am using the default one. So if the one you linked is the default one, then that's the one I'm using. But thank you for a heads up!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - Movie scraper0