How to access local movies on my NAS on Kodi via Firestick
Hey guys,
Just bought my first fire stick (4k) from amazon.  Prior to this I had been using a custom built media pc that was hard wired to my network so accessing my movies off my synology NAS was easy.  

My question is how to access these same movies off the NAS when the Firestick is only connected via wifi?  Once Kodi is up and running on the Firestick and I am connected to my network via wifi, will the NAS shared folders show up?

Anything special I need to do to get things up and running?  I havent received the Firestick yet but will this weekend.  I want to be prepared so I can get it up and running!

Will streaming my local 1080p ISO files via Kodi work without issue (using the above scenario)?

Thank you so much folks!  You are always helpful!

Brandon
You don't need to do anything special. If the Fire Stick is connected to the WiFi, you'll be able to use Kodi to connect to Samba, NFS, and other shares.

Streaming will work fine - assuming you have fast enough WiFi. If not, Amazon sell a USB Ethernet adapter which may help.  That's what I use.
Thanks. I was able to access the shared files but it was very glitchy during streaming. My WiFi is very robust too.....google WiFi mesh system and the hub is inches away. I even used NFS file sharing. I may just use my media pc for Kodi and the Firestick for online content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to access local movies on my NAS on Kodi via Firestick0