Choppy playback
Hello-

Hopefully this is the right place for this question as I'm not sure what else might be the problem.

I have a ACEPC W5 Pro mini (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFG...UTF8&psc=1) with a Drobopro attached via iscsi through a USB 3.0/ethernet adapter. This is connected to my home network via wifi.

I have Kodi on my Android Shield and it generally works well when watching tv show. However, if I watch a movie, there is generally a stutter/pause in the picture and auto. The picture will unfreeze after a few moments, but the audio usually doesn't catch up, and it also kind of fast forwards. I don't know if this happening because the file is simply larger (it doesn't necessarily happen if there are high bitrates).

I've tested the wifi speed on the stick PC that's hosting my media and I don't think that is the issue as it's up speed is >30mbps. I thought perhaps the slow copying speeds from the stick PC to the drobo would be the issue, but I've done some testing on just playing the files on my Mac Mini and see no issues with playback. The Shield never has any problems playing anything off Netflix, which leads me to believe there is something wrong with it on Kodi in this setup (when I previously had the drobo connected to my hardwired Mac Mini, there were never any issues).

So ultimately, I'm not sure what to do from here. I have my drobo in my basement, shield on the first floor, and mac mini on the second floor, so the easy solutions are a bit mixed. I don't want to have to move my Mac Mini to a different place, but I'm not sure what other options I may have. Any suggestions are very welcomed. Thank you.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Here's the link, a lot of action in there. For about 2 minutes the video skipped with no sound, which is hopefully reflected. Thanks!

https://paste.kodi.tv/utedahapiz.kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy playback0