v17 Not playing stacked dvd iso's back to back; starts first file again with black screen
Hello-

A lot of threads on this subject end up with people saying 'why are you doing that? just transcode instead...', etc, etc.
I'd really rather not do that for a number of reasons.
The problems i'm seeing aren't identical to any of the threads i've found, either.

I have a few videos that are split into two dvds.  I've named them appropriately and kodi seems to identify them as together and stack them in the source:
Code:
sqlite> select idMovie, movie.idFile,strFilename from movie join files on movie.idFile=files.idFile;
1|4611|stack://nfs://192.168.11.10/mnt/store/public/cjs/Videos/dvdswap/Multi_Disc_Movies/DAS_BOOT_(1981)/DAS_BOOT_(1981)disk1.iso , nfs://192.168.11.10/mnt/store/public/cjs/Videos/dvdswap/Multi_Disc_Movies/DAS_BOOT_(1981)/DAS_BOOT_(1981)disk2.iso
4|4612|stack://nfs://192.168.11.10/mnt/store/public/cjs/Videos/dvdswap/Multi_Disc_Movies/Gettysburg_(1993)/Gettysburg_(1993)dvd1.iso , nfs://192.168.11.10/mnt/store/public/cjs/Videos/dvdswap/Multi_Disc_Movies/Gettysburg_(1993)/Gettysburg_(1993)dvd2.iso
sqlite>

And from the context menu in the movie listing, i can 'play part' then select the correct part.
Side note- From the main 'movies' listing of 'recently added',  the context menu does not give this option. Not sure if it is supposed to, but it would be nice if it did.

The main thing is, when playing them, i always get a black screen endlessly after the first video completes.  Experimentation shows that i'm actually on the first dvd's navigation, but the screen remains black (if you click around and hit enter, you'll get the screen back in one of the dvd menus) 

Example log from Gettysburg An example is here (doesn't show getting menu back, just shows black screen playing first title again):
https://paste.kodi.tv/fuhaqovevu.kodi

Example log from Das Boot is here; this one includes the video recovery to the menu screens by selecting a menu button (while on the blacked out screen):
https://paste.kodi.tv/yeduwinapa.kodi

thoughts?
Two things...

- As Kodi 17 Krypton is no longer developed or bug-fixed for a year or so, upgrade to Kodi 18rc5 and reproduce any problems.

- Please always supply full kodi.log files, with debugging enabled preferably as indicated in the debug log (wiki) wiki page. Smile
(2019-01-25, 08:32)Klojum Wrote: Two things...

- As Kodi 17 Krypton is no longer developed or bug-fixed for a year or so, upgrade to Kodi 18rc5 and reproduce any problems.

- Please always supply full kodi.log files, with debugging enabled preferably as indicated in the debug log (wiki) wiki page. Smile
Thank you for the reply-
 Ah, I'm sorry.  I'll have to wait until my distro has 18. not sure when it'll be released.
DOH, again, sorry. Will do next time... hopefully i'll see 18 soon!
take care
18rc5 is AFAICT the last release before Kodi 18 final, not much will change there.
So you could already take the plunge.
I have the latest version, and also find that stacked iso discs don't work.

The naming is correct.

If I am in the movie list, I can context click and choose a part, however I thought they should auto play one after the other?

What actually happens is it goes back to the dvd menu of the first disc after finishing.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not playing stacked dvd iso's back to back; starts first file again with black screen0