Autoresolution switching possible for max. Photo Quality?
Hello,
when selecting the proposed autoresolution switching settings
Settings > System > Display
Whitelist => de-select all options
Resolution => 1920x1080p
i recognized that autoresolution switching back and forth to 1080p/4k on my 4k TV works for video content, but sadly not for photo display (it constantly displays photos at 1080p)? I have a bunch of High Res Photos (16MP+) and would like to have the maximum display quality as possible i.e. full native 4k TV resolution for Photos.

Is it possible to add a feature to KODI  to autoswitch to max. possible TV resolution upon entering the “Photo” directory on the Kodi Main Menue and switching back to preselected GUI resolution (1080p) upon leaving ?
That way, there’s no need to check each photo size/resolution and all photos would be displayed in max. TV resolution. Upon leaving the Photo Menue and getting back to the Kodi Main Menue with GUI resolution (1080p) would enable again the video autoresolution feature.

And best of all, this feature could be even made user selectable (on/off) in Kodi settings.

What do you think ?

speedyburnzales
(Amlogic S912 / CE 8.95.7)
(2019-01-25, 11:16)speedyburnzales Wrote: Is it possible to add a feature to KODI  to autoswitch to max. possible TV resolution upon entering the “Photo” directory on the Kodi Main Menue and switching back to preselected GUI resolution (1080p) upon leaving ?

Of course, i meant entering the “Picture” directory on the Kodi Main Menue.
Me too! I shhot 18 and 24 mp photos

It’s so important to show the maximum amount of pixels!
The only way it works at the moment is to set the GUI limit to Unlimited unfortunately. I agree it should be linked to the whitelist the same way video playback is.
Thnaks Hitcher for your response !

Is there any chance that sombody of the Kodi team will make this happen ?
Nope, you could try filing a bug report on GitHub.
I released a bug report. Let's see what happens ..

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autoresolution switching possible for max. Photo Quality?0