Video pixelated after time skip forward
I was using kodi on an old kodibuntu and it worked fine.
Then I had to reinstall the whole system and went for plain Ubuntu 18.04 and added kodi with apt install.
I struggled a lot to autostart it but in the end I was able to run kodi automatically at boot.
Now I can play a movie, but if I skip forward or backward with the remote the video goes green and purple with lot of pixels and after a while it goes back to normal. Before the same video it wasn't happening.
What should I check about it?
Kodi settings are set to default.
No one can help me?
No - as you even missed the basics in this support forum. Debug Log

Sounds like you are running debian / ubuntu broken patched kodi packages from their repository ... but - one cannot say - as the Debug Log is missing
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I admit I did not put any log, sorry.
In the end I solved the issue changing the setting about hardware decoding.
Should I mark the topic closed changing the title?
What did you change?
Have the same problem plus that Kodi crashes completely after a skip so maybe this can solve both of my problems.
In the first try I disabled the hardware acceleration and that fixed the pixelating video.
Then I followed the guide in the post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955 and that fixed another problem and now I can also enable the hardware acceleration without pixelation.
Read to fast and missed it was on a Ubuntu system and I'm on Windows so this didn't help me but thanks for your reply Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video pixelated after time skip forward0