Amazon Remote with Volume Controls is a Perfect Kodi Remote
@hdmkv 

On a other note, regarding you initial post:
Quote:Haven't figured out how to detach the Power button's functionality from Amazon's Equipment Control
Wouldn't this be a possibility for you?
- Configure the remote equipment control on your Fire TV like this:
- - Set the TV equipment to a TV which you don't have which uses infrared commands that do nothing for your setup.
- - Set the AVR equipment to your AVR like you already did
- - Configure equipment control so the volume buttons and mute button are sending to your AVR (like you already did it seems)
- - Configure equipment control so the power button sends a power command to a bogus TV you don't own

This should make your power" button "dead" infrared wise on your remote and you can safely use it for BT only. (?)

In my case the power button sends an infrared command to my TV for power on/off. (I want it this way)
Volume and mute buttons send infrared commands to my AVR.
After this observation i just thought that it maybe would be a solution for you to choose some bogus TV as your TV so you can use the power button only for a bluetooth command?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2019-08-18, 10:48)axbmcuser Wrote: - - Configure equipment control so the power button sends a power command to a bogus TV you don't own

This should make your power" button "dead" infrared wise on your remote and you can safely use it for BT only. (?)
That's a smart workaround; don't see why it wouldn't work. Thanks.
Used previous-gen Amazon remote for $10 on Woot. No volume controls on this one.
Just bought a Fire Stick 4k remote, I've paired it with my system (Ubuntu 18.04) but I'm unable to control Kodi.

I can see inputs when running btmon but it's not appearing as a device so I can't test with evtest. Any ideas?
I'm unfamiliar w/Ubuntu, but an option may be to use Keymap Editor program add-on in Kodi to program the remote's buttons.
Also if debug logging is enabled, any inputs that are received by Kodi (be it from keyboard, remotes or anything else) are recorded in the debug log (wiki). So that's a quick and easy way to tell if they are actually getting far enough as to be seen.

If they are then hand-written keymaps or the keymap editor can be used.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
ok thanks. i don't think its getting that far but will double check with kodi logs
Does anyone have a hint on how to make this remote work on Windows?
Pairing the device named "AR" works without a problem, but i don't get any key presses recognized afterwards. Any custom tools i can use to map ANY buttons at all?

Thank you! :-)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
how to open context menu to selectively clear recent programs (to clear ram before relaunch), or hold down context to trigger ram clearing? [in android].  

in kodi what is the context button to open menu for interactive file deletion, or video queuing, or playing a directory?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Remote with Volume Controls is a Perfect Kodi Remote1