• 237(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
What differences are there between artic zephyr 2 and artic zephyr leia mod? which is more stable. Thank you.
Is it possible to translate the different status of the series?

Thanks
[font][font]Hola, ¿hay alguna manera de que cuando ingreses películas puedas obtener el número total de películas que hay? [/font][font]y la serie pondría el número total de episodios. [/font][font]Gracias.[/font][/font]
(2020-06-17, 00:23)rolling3e Wrote: What differences are there between artic zephyr 2 and artic zephyr leia mod? which is more stable. Thank you.

Arctic Zephyr Leia Mod is a modded version of the original Arctic Zephyr in order to make it work with Leia. AZ2 is not.
(2019-12-03, 05:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 02:24)Dibujor Wrote: First, sorry if this has been asked but I've read through a lot of pages and haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm new to this kodi stuff and it's been quite the journey to set up everything and, another ordeal find a skin I liked. As a designer myself I love the simplicity but the power of Zephyr 2 but I've been left with a problem.

I use kodi on a NNvidia ShieldTV Pro (2019 model) with PlexKodiConnect, just in case that matters.

The problem I have is, while playing a video and with the controls on screen (the play, puse, forward, info, etc buttons) on the pause menu (wether by clicking pause or the ok buton) I can't tell which button I'm on. I mean, there's no highlighting on the buttons. So, If I press pause and I want to go to stop, or info, or subtitles, I have to count the clicks on the dpad to guess which button I'm on. Don't know if that makes sense. With every other skin I've tried you have some kind of marker, either a color change, or a circle or something that tells you which button you're about to press, in Artic: Zephyr 2 they're all white for me with no indicators.

I know it's a very specific problem but kind of a big one for me and I was surprised no one mentioned it so it's either by design or a problem on my end I guess?

Thank you in advance
They definitely should be highlighted with the highlight colour. Check skin settings and make sure you haven't set the highlight colour to white.
I have a similar query but it involves widgets, I have plenty of them.  I wonder if it were possible to highlight the entire selection to make it more distinguishable? The thin coloured border is hardly noticeable when you have rows of widgets. 

Great skin by the way!
when it comes to kodi skins, @jurialmunkey is king imo, just outstanding (modern) work, i used to use (fuse)neue quite a while ago before leaving kodi for plex, and it was fantastic, it made other popular kodi skins look outdated, made them look 1990-ish in style imo.

well i've decided to dump plex and return to kodi only to discover arctic zephyr 2 - to me it's (fuse)neue but with poster walls, just wow, just perfect! thanks @jurialmunkey, and it's been my pleasure to have supported your work in the past, to "buy you a beer/coffee", hope others who are enjoying your great skins are doing the same!  

a couple of things:

1. can't seem to get keymap reload() to work with this skin? is this a known issue with this and other skins?

2. i use a scope resolution - changing line 15 in the addon.xml file from:

<res aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="1080i" height="1080" width="1920" />

to:

<res aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="1080i" height="820" width="1920" />

seems to force the skin to scale to 2.35:1 correctly, most importantly the movie posters scale correctly with this edit, they are no longer a box (stretched) when using a scope resolution... but as easy a fix as this is it isn't perfect, for example you can't use the "basic" home page layout without doing more edits because it causes the main page navigation menu to hide, and i'd be surprised if there weren't a few other side effects that i haven't come across yet!

that said, is there a more elegant way to get everything to scale nicely with a scope resolution? back in the day, iirc, editing the estuary dialogvideoinfo.xml file, by changing "stretch" to "scale", seemed to do the trick, is there a similar type of edit for arctic zephyr 2?

thanks!
(2020-06-18, 01:37)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-06-17, 00:23)rolling3e Wrote: What differences are there between artic zephyr 2 and artic zephyr leia mod? which is more stable. Thank you.

Arctic Zephyr Leia Mod is a modded version of the original Arctic Zephyr in order to make it work with Leia. AZ2 is not.

wait, so az2 isn't designed to work with leia? i installed az2 last night and it seems to be working fine with leia? then again i haven't used it extensively with leia yet...
(2020-06-19, 18:39)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2020-06-18, 01:37)drinfernoo Wrote:

wait, so az2 isn't designed to work with leia? i installed az2 last night and it seems to be working fine with leia? then again i haven't used it extensively with leia yet...
Arctic Zephyr 1, or just Arctic Zephyr, was a Krypton Skin. Arctic Zephyr 2 was a follow up skin designed for Leia. AZ Leia Mod is the Krypton skin adapted for Leia.
(2020-06-19, 18:37)aeneas1 Wrote: 1. can't seem to get keymap reload() to work with this skin? is this a known issue with this and other skins?

I use XBMC.ReloadSkin() in the Power menu & it works fine. I assume you've set the keymap wrong somehow.
FXB78 Wrote:Arctic Zephyr 1, or just Arctic Zephyr, was a Krypton Skin. Arctic Zephyr 2 was a follow up skin designed for Leia. AZ Leia Mod is the Krypton skin adapted for Leia.
gotchya, thanks!
FXB78 Wrote:I use XBMC.ReloadSkin() in the Power menu & it works fine. I assume you've set the keymap wrong somehow.
not sure i'm familiar with the "power menu"? anyway, i have a keymap.xml file in the following directory:

c:\users\NAME\appdata\roaming\kodi\userdata\keymaps\keymap.xml

and have tried these two entries, no love with either....

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
             <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

and

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
             <F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

do i need to clear kodi's cache? i don't think i've ever done this before... is there a system setting within kodi that enables/disables reload? could f5 be bound to another shortcut from another program that i'm not aware of?

fwiw, when i hit f5 kodi/az2 does seem to try to refresh, the screen flashes, but any changes i make to xml files don't appear, i have to close kodi and relaunch it to see the effect of any edits...
(2020-06-19, 19:46)aeneas1 Wrote:
FXB78 Wrote:Arctic Zephyr 1, or just Arctic Zephyr, was a Krypton Skin. Arctic Zephyr 2 was a follow up skin designed for Leia. AZ Leia Mod is the Krypton skin adapted for Leia.
gotchya, thanks!
FXB78 Wrote:I use XBMC.ReloadSkin() in the Power menu & it works fine. I assume you've set the keymap wrong somehow.
not sure i'm familiar with the "power menu"? anyway, i have a keymap.xml file in the following directory:

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

and

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
             <F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

do i need to clear kodi's cache? i don't think i've ever done this before... is there a system setting within kodi that enables/disables reload? could f5 be bound to another shortcut from another program that i'm not aware of?

fwiw, when i hit f5 kodi/az2 does seem to try to refresh, the screen flashes, but any changes i make to xml files don't appear, i have to close kodi and relaunch it to see the effect of any edits...
I just tested the first keymap you posted & it works, I assume you're using a PC with F5 key. Maybe it's the particular xml file you are changing which needs a restart.
(2020-06-19, 20:05)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 19:46)aeneas1 Wrote:
gotchya, thanks!

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

and

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
             <F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

I just tested the first keymap you posted & it works, I assume you're using a PC with F5 key. Maybe it's the particular xml file you are changing which needs a restart.

thanks for your help... you were correct, as it turns out i was trying to use reload for addon.xml edits which doesn't work, but reload is working for all of the xml files within the skin subfolders (1080i, etc.)...

in other news, does kodi (or az2) have the ability to globally resize skin content? for example plex has a slider that scales poster size in the wall view, from large to small... i tried the zoom option in settings but it doesn't really do the trick.
(2020-06-19, 20:34)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 20:05)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-06-19, 19:46)aeneas1 Wrote: gotchya, thanks!

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

and

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
             <F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
         </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap> 

in other news, does kodi (or az2) have the ability to globally resize skin content? for example plex has a slider that scales poster size in the wall view, from large to small... i tried the zoom option in settings but it doesn't really do the trick.
No, not that I've ever seen. There are probably some skins which will do things like Small Poster View/Large Poster View but those would be fixed views & not like how Plex does it.
Video 
Hi.  Firstly - this is the best skin by far.

Apologies if I haven't seen the answer for this.  Is there a way for the home screen to have to small 'spot light' image/info to match the background like in zephyr 1?

Home Screen

Many many thanks.
(2020-06-20, 00:52)leedrich Wrote: Hi.  Firstly - this is the best skin by far.

Apologies if I haven't seen the answer for this.  Is there a way for the home screen to have to small 'spot light' image/info to match the background like in zephyr 1?

Home Screen

Many many thanks.

You can use the "Basic" home screen layout to get that effect.
  • 237(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226