Extrafanart, logo and cdart in v18 not working (AeonNox:Silvo)
Interesting about the "clearlogo". It just worked for me - first artist added to a test library, with artist artwork in the "Artist information folder". We'll figure out happened in your test.

The "Choose art" dialog is filled with artwork already assigned to similar media items in the library (it is not filled with the whitelist in the music library), so maybe at least one of your artists got it. Try refreshing a couple of artists to see if it is picked up.

The "discart" is straightforward: Kodi doesn't pick up album artwork from the Artist information folder, only from the album folder in the media source. It is pretty easy to get a different idea though with the way the export is designed. The export wasn't meant to be used to send artist and album NFO/artwork to the same file structure, album artwork generally goes "To library folders". 

One additional thing is that before v18, Kodi wasn't doing this extended artwork stuff in the music library, that was all handled pretty precariously by an extra Python add-on, Skin Helper Service. It wasn't best practice, just the only option available.
(2019-01-28, 01:13)rmrector Wrote: Interesting about the "clearlogo". It just worked for me - first artist added to a test library, with artist artwork in the "Artist information folder". We'll figure out happened in your test.

The "Choose art" dialog is filled with artwork already assigned to similar media items in the library (it is not filled with the whitelist in the music library), so maybe at least one of your artists got it. Try refreshing a couple of artists to see if it is picked up.

Will do. I'll let you know how it goes.

(2019-01-28, 01:13)rmrector Wrote: The "discart" is straightforward: Kodi doesn't pick up album artwork from the Artist information folder, only from the album folder in the media source. It is pretty easy to get a different idea though with the way the export is designed. The export wasn't meant to be used to send artist and album NFO/artwork to the same file structure, album artwork generally goes "To library folders". 

Aha...that makes a difference. Yes, I was using the export to the Artist Info folder as a template and it does put the album subfolders with folder.jpg (album cover) plus NFO in there, too. But I had noticed that discart/cdart were missing after the export and wondered why before learning more on this thread.

So, just to be clear, I keep album artwork (discart and folder/cover) plus album NFO with the music files, and all other graphics go to Artist Info?

Is it still appropriate to use Disc 1, Disc 2 subfolders within the album folder and have separate discart images for each disc - say The Beatles White Album? I have quite a few multidisc sets like this and a lot of discart that distinguishes between discs of a set. I chose at the start of this project to go with separate subfolders for discs rather than 1-01, 1-02...2-01, 2-02...etc. for track names all in one folder.

Thanks again for the help!
Brand new test from scratch. 

discart.png, folder.jpg (album cover) and album NFO with song files. 

All other graphics in Artist Info folder.

Leia picks up everything perfectly! No Artist Beef required.

Except...

Any multi-disc albums like I asked about in my previous post. If I Choose Art on the White Album by the Beatles, I see discart1 and discart2 in the list populated with the two discart.png images from Disc 1 and Disc 2 subfolders in the media album folder. I also see a third entry for just discart which is not assigned. I can assign one or the other image to that entry and the skin uses it from then on, but cannot assign both. Not a showstopper but disappointing. 

Still...thrilled to see it all (mostly) pulling in and rendering just like it says on the box. No addons required. Nice!
(2019-01-28, 04:06)bluemartian Wrote: ...thrilled to see it all (mostly) pulling in and rendering just like it says on the box. No addons required. Nice!
If someone would like to write some clear user instructions for this that would be wonderful Smile

(2019-01-28, 04:06)bluemartian Wrote: Except...

Any multi-disc albums like I asked about in my previous post. If I Choose Art on the White Album by the Beatles, I see discart1 and discart2 in the list populated with the two discart.png images from Disc 1 and Disc 2 subfolders in the media album folder. I also see a third entry for just discart which is not assigned. I can assign one or the other image to that entry and the skin uses it from then on, but cannot assign both. Not a showstopper but disappointing. 
Not sure what the issue is here, but think it could be a skin thing @mikeSiLVO (no blame, this is all new and there will be things to iron out). It a disc set has discart1 and discart2, but no discart although because other albums do have discart it is an art type that can be manually added.

The skin needs to know to sometimes (when a set) use discart<N>, and that is probably horrible (or impossible) for it to find out. Skinners can it be done, afterall you manage with fanart<N> etc.? For the thumbs (covers) Kodi does the fallback process and gives the song the correct thumb, so similar cleverness for disc art could be nice to have. Or some other support? The less core interferes and assumes the better really.  I am open to discussing it.
@DaveBlake Multi-discart is planned just not implemented yet. Is there a reason why the first disc can not always be $INFO[ListItem.Art(discart)] and the second be $INFO[ListItem.Art(discart1)] and so on? If the first disc can not always be discart does this also mean I have to account for empty discart3 but not empty 2 or 4?

@bluemartian Multi-disc is unique so I don't think it works for every music view. I know I don't want my screen cluttered with random disc images just because I can show them but I gotta start somewhere though. What view might work best for that? Perhaps ShowCase and rolling discart images like I already have for the movie section? Not sure if best to move that discussion to my skin thread... Huh
(2019-01-28, 19:43)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Multi-disc is unique so I don't think it works for every music view. I know I don't want my screen cluttered with random disc images just because I can show them but I gotta start somewhere though. What view might work best for that? Perhaps ShowCase and rolling discart images like I already have for the movie section? Not sure if best to move that discussion to my skin thread... Huh

I agree, @mikeSiLVO - I don't want random disc images displayed either. The main reason I like your skin is because it is so clean.

In fact, I don't think there is a need for discart to be displayed anywhere except when music is actually playing, and then the only place I'm personally interested in seeing discart is on the fullscreen OSD, although I believe it shows in smaller fashion on the home screen as well, which is nice and discreet, but too small to see or care whether it is disc 1 or disc 2, etc. of a multidisc set.

It is on the fullscreen OSD where it is a larger display and actually readable that it would be nice to see Disc 1 discart when playing songs from Disc 1, and Disc 2 discart when playing songs from Disc 2, etc.

But again, as I stated above, this is such a finesse and really not a showstopper.
Hi all,
I have just encountered this problem as well. I have gone through my entire library and created (and uploaded to fanart.tv) cdart where it didn't already exist however for all multi-disc sets I see what has been previously described. The discart1 and discart2 images are loaded correctly but the discart image is blank. Thus when the CD is shown anywhere on the skin it is the generic spinning disc instead of the appropriate image. Is there any way to get the correct disc to load (add-on perhaps)?

Otherwise really appreciate the efforts on the skin its fantastic!
(2020-07-18, 14:54)Krumlov Wrote: Is there any way to get the correct disc to load (add-on perhaps)?

Use v19 Smile  Not only does it have better multi-disc handling but it also puts the correct discartN into discart when playing an album.  Also, if you have proper box-sets (where each album in the set has it's own cover) if you name those 'thumb1', 'thumb2' etc then Kodi will automatically pick up that art and show the right cover for each disc as well.

As it happens, @DaveBlake has even more improvements to the art handling waiting to be added to Matrix (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18173) which moves the settings from advancedsettings.xml into the GUI, allows you to define new art types within the GUI and adds a completely new option of using all art found.  Although that PR has not yet been added, I do strongly suggest that you try v19 as even without that addition, art handling is much better than in v18.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-07-19, 07:39)black_eagle Wrote: Use v19 Smile  

Thanks for the tip. I will try the Windows version on my PC. I am bit worried about whether it will run OK on my TV which uses a MediaTek MT5596 CPU. https://www.zkelectronics.com/tv/sony-kd...d-oceania/ My other rig is a Wetek Play2 running CoreElec. Not sure how that would go either.
[font][font]Buenas tardes, quería consultarles como hacer para que la información, la tapa del album y el cdart queden siempre fijo en la pantalla cuando reproduzco música y no desaparezca en unos segundos,  muchas gracias[/font][/font]
@fisu30

We are an English forum. Please also post a translation. Google Translate is ok
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extrafanart, logo and cdart in v18 not working (AeonNox:Silvo)0