Extrafanart, logo and cdart in v18 not working (AeonNox:Silvo)
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I've read this thread over and over again, and tried everything that seemed pertinent and I'm still stumped. Sorry also for the length of this post, but I wanted to get across everything I've already tried to save you having to make a bunch of suggestions.

I just recently discovered this skin and really love it; it has the exact look I wanted. But the one thing that keeps me from using it is that I cannot get it to display extrafanart (cycling), nor cdart, nor logos. I have all my graphics put together locally and have Kodi set to use "local only" -- I've spent almost a year working on it, and have a huge collection. So understandably I want to see those graphics, especially the extrafanart. BTW, I use Kodi for music only - no video, movies, TV, etc.

All my graphics are located both in the artist folders with proper locations and names, as well as in a new Artist Data folder to cover both bases. I've got all the enabling toggles for these graphics turned on in the skin as well as paths set.

I have Artist Beef installed (based on a recommendation I saw here) and have run it and refreshed/updated my library (although I thought this add-on was supposed to be obsolete with Leia now?), and have all add-ons up to date, including all required and all recommended add-ons. BTW, the Artist Beef "click to install" in Help doesn't work. I get no response. I had to install it through the author's own repo. All other "click to install" options for the other add-ons worked fine.

I've tried repeated fresh installs of both Kodi (RC5.2 and the latest nightly) and the skin on 3 platforms (Linux Mint, Windows 10 and Android TV/NVidia Shield), and the same thing happens on all of them: No logos, no extrafanart (only default fanart), and no cdart (only fake cd with text on it).

All other Leia-compatible skins that support these graphics work fine and display those graphics as expected. I can switch over to Transparency for example and play the same songs, albums and artists and instantly see the logos, correct cdart and the extrafanart cycles perfectly.

But Aeon Nox 5 Silvo doesn't display them and I've spent two days trying everything I can think of and searching through this thread. I've seen some other people encounter the same thing and ask about it on here, so I have to wonder what I'm missing. It shouldn't be this hard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really love the skin. You've done a great job with it.

Thanks!
(2019-01-26, 16:08)bluemartian Wrote: I have Artist Beef installed (based on a recommendation I saw here) and have run it and refreshed/updated my library (although I thought this add-on was supposed to be obsolete with Leia now?)
The add-on is Artwork Beef, just so we don't confuse any other readers. It might help if you post a screenshot of one of your folders which clearly shows the artwork and music files, and the folder path.

Yes, Leia does support native scanning of extended artwork. Have you set it up correctly? Have you added your advancedsettings.xml artwork tags? If you go to an Artist or Album, and select Choose Art, can you see all your different artwork types displayed?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-26, 21:00)Karellen Wrote: The add-on is Artwork Beef, just so we don't confuse any other readers.
Right you are. Sorry for the slip on the name.
(2019-01-26, 21:00)Karellen Wrote: It might help if you post a screenshot of one of your folders which clearly shows the artwork and music files, and the folder path.
Will do -- see attached.
(2019-01-26, 21:00)Karellen Wrote: Yes, Leia does support native scanning of extended artwork. Have you set it up correctly? Have you added your advancedsettings.xml artwork tags? If you go to an Artist or Album, and select Choose Art, can you see all your different artwork types displayed? 
No, I have not added advancedsettings.xml, but didn't realize that was required. It hasn't been for other skins, which show my artwork just fine. And all my artwork follows Kodi best practices and default naming conventions, so no special artwork tags should be required.

Yes, I do see all my artwork types displayed when selecting Choose Art.

Here are the screenshots requested. Thanks again for the help! Much appreciated.

Artist Folder:

extrafanart Folder:

Album Folder:

(2019-01-26, 22:31)bluemartian Wrote: No, I have not added advancedsettings.xml, but didn't realize that was required. It hasn't been for other skins, which show my artwork just fine. And all my artwork follows Kodi best practices and default naming conventions, so no special artwork tags should be required.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. You are using Artwork Beef, so the advancedsettings.xml are not needed. I was trying to convey that v18 now natively scrapes Extended Artwork, doing away with the requirement of using Artwork Beef, so either method works well.

Are you aware of the Artist information folder (wiki)

Your screenshots look in order. I will have to defer to mikeSilvo.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-01-27, 00:37)Karellen Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. You are using Artwork Beef, so the advancedsettings.xml are not needed. I was trying to convey that v18 now natively scrapes Extended Artwork, doing away with the requirement of using Artwork Beef, so either method works well.

No problemo. Yes, thanks, I'm aware that v18 supersedes Artwork Beef. I mentioned that fact in my first post. And I'm only using Artwork Beef as a last resort because it was recommended somewhere on this thread for others who were having problems getting their artwork to show. I've never used Artwork Beef before (never needed it) and wasn't quite sure why it was required for this skin, but was willing to try anything. It hasn't helped unfortunately. Maybe I misread the recommendation elsewhere in this thread, but that's the only reason for AB being installed at all. I've never needed it before.

(2019-01-27, 00:37)Karellen Wrote: Are you aware of the Artist information folder

I am. I also mentioned in my first post that I've got an Artist Info folder set up in addition to the old method (artwork within the artist folders) to "cover both bases." No dice.

(2019-01-27, 00:37)Karellen Wrote: Your screenshots look in order. I will have to defer to mikeSilvo. 

Okay, thanks! I'm completely stumped on this one. Every other skin I've tried over the past year or so since learning about Kodi (darn near all of them) on both v17 and v18 have worked right out of the box with regards to display of my local artwork, so I'm pretty sure I've got things in "working order." I think I've installed Kodi more times and in more configs in the past 3 days than in the past year trying to get this skin to display those same graphics...it just won't. I hope mikeSilvo can figure it out, as I'd really love to use this skin.

Perhaps I should just stick to v17 until v18 is official and the skins catch up. I know they're getting close.
I’m using Aeon Nox Silvoskin and it works with ArtistSlideShow installed (on v17 and v18) and set to use in the Skin settings.
@bluemartian 2 easy ones are cdart should be named "discart.png" and logo should be named "clearlogo.png" - then refresh the album/artist in the Kodi library.

Multiple fanart are currently stuck in between the classic "extrafanart" method that has some notable performance downsides, and a newer experimental method that solves those but can be more awkward to set up. I've been working through the wiki pages on Artwork for v18 and I have a section on multiple fanart for music in a late draft you can take a look at.
For extrafanart, it looks like this skin uses the newer style, and Kodi Leia won't automatically add artwork from the "extrafanart" directory. The ideal solution is the "Multiple fanart" setup so Kodi picks them all up, but if you want to stick with the "extrafanart" folder then Artwork Beef can bridge the gap here.
(2019-01-27, 06:34)rmrector Wrote: @bluemartian 2 easy ones are cdart should be named "discart.png" and logo should be named "clearlogo.png" - then refresh the album/artist in the Kodi library.

Multiple fanart are currently stuck in between the classic "extrafanart" method that has some notable performance downsides, and a newer experimental method that solves those but can be more awkward to set up. I've been working through the wiki pages on Artwork for v18 and I have a section on multiple fanart for music in a late draft you can take a look at.
For extrafanart, it looks like this skin uses the newer style, and Kodi Leia won't automatically add artwork from the "extrafanart" directory. The ideal solution is the "Multiple fanart" setup so Kodi picks them all up, but if you want to stick with the "extrafanart" folder then Artwork Beef can bridge the gap here.
 Thanks @rmrector !

I did not know about them, as the current wiki still shows cdart.png, disc.png, and logo.png. I'll give the new names a try.

I also did not know about "multiple fanart." I'll make a small trial library with these changes and give that a shot, too.

Thanks for the sneak peek at the new wiki pages.

Are discart and clearlogo already baked into v18 or do I need to whitelist them in advancedsettings.xml?

If I understand your draft, I whitelist each instance of fanart, is that correct? 

Code:

<artistextraart>
<arttype>fanart1</arttype>
<arttype>fanart2</arttype>
<arttype>fanart3</arttype>
<arttype>fanart15</arttype>
<arttype>fanart16</arttype>
<arttype>fanart17</arttype>
</artistextraart>
Yeah, documentation is the last to be updated.

The only artwork baked into Kodi is the original artwork ("thumb" and artist "fanart"), so you'll need to add discart and clearlogo to the whitelist. Your fanart example is spot on.
This works! Thanks again, @rmrector !

A couple notes. I set up a test library with just two artists and added them to an empty library in a fresh install of Kodi (latest nightly). The test source has no graphics in it (except embedded album covers in the song files). All graphics are in the Artist Data folder.

This works for the extrafanart set up as the 'multiple fanart' method, but I still have to choose the option labeled "extra-fanart" in the skin. However, the images cycle perfectly. Great to see that happening at last!

Unfortunately, still no joy on discart or clearlogo. I'm still getting the generic "fake" CD and no logo. If I Choose Art, I can manually add these, but that will be an onerous task for 1500 artists and god knows how many albums. Any ideas on this?

I've whitelisted all the fanart from fanart1 to fanart30 as well as whitelisted clearlogo and discart. When I Choose Art on the artist, clearlogo is listed as an option (as are all the fanart iterations, etc), but when I Choose Art on the album, discart is not shown, even though it is whitelisted as shown below.

Code:

<albumextraart>
      <arttype>discart</arttype>
      <arttype>spine</arttype>
      <arttype>back</arttype>
  </albumextraart>

Am I doing something wrong with discart and clearlogo? I've placed discart.png in the album subfolders in the corresponding artist folders which are in Artist Data, which is where the folder.jpg for the album covers are located from a previous Kodi Artist Data export. And clearlogo.png is in the artist folder with fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, folder.jpg, etc.
@bluemartian The skin is set up to use the new features of Leia in regard to extended music artwork but if you don't want to mess with any of that then setting up Artwork Beef correctly and running it to add all your local artwork should fix any issues displaying fanarts, logos, discart, etc...

I am not sure if you have enabled music artwork in the settings of Artwork Beef but if you did and then also run the addon adding all music artwork to Kodi then it all should just work. Hopefully Wink

@rmrector would be the one to know what's the best way to get your images in the Library but the skin no longer checks for images by folder/filepath.
Moved from the Aeon Nox: SiLVO as this generally about Kodi 18's new artwork support.

I'll add a specific response a bit later.
(2019-01-27, 19:53)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @bluemartian The skin is set up to use the new features of Leia in regard to extended music artwork but if you don't want to mess with any of that then setting up Artwork Beef correctly and running it to add all your local artwork should fix any issues displaying fanarts, logos, discart, etc...

I am not sure if you have enabled music artwork in the settings of Artwork Beef but if you did and then also run the addon adding all music artwork to Kodi then it all should just work. Hopefully Wink

I don't mind setting things up for the new method. In fact, I'd prefer to use the best recommended practices (which is what I was using formerly, but that has now changed).

I might give Artist Beef another try if rmrector doesn't have any further suggestions on discart and clearlogo, but I'd rather just rely on Leia if that is the most efficient and least resource intensive way to do things (other than setting it all up in the first place). Most of the setup change to my library's artwork will just be renaming cdart to discart and logo to clearlogo and resequencing the fanart names with some moving around.

Thanks again and great skin!
(2019-01-27, 22:08)bluemartian Wrote: will just be renaming cdart to discart and logo to clearlogo and resequencing the fanart names
If you are a Windows user, this will help a lot... https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php
My Signature
(2019-01-27, 22:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 22:08)bluemartian Wrote: will just be renaming cdart to discart and logo to clearlogo and resequencing the fanart names
If you are a Windows user, this will help a lot... https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php 
Thanks for the link. I have one named ReNamer, but BRU looks far more capable.

I actually prefer Linux, but there are so many really good music-related programs available on Windows (like MP3Tag and dbPowerAmp and MusicBee) which don't really have competitors in Linux, that I tend to work on my HTPC stuff in Windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extrafanart, logo and cdart in v18 not working (AeonNox:Silvo)0