What’s the best box (not android or vero 4K)
Hi all
Little question , what do you think the best box is out there now is apart from
Any android or Vero 4K ? Recently tried veto 4K and wasn’t a fan . Not keen on android .so now looking to upgrade again !

Budget is ideally under £300 but need 4K (understand there are still some hdmi 4K issues on some nuc’s)

Also have a receiver so ideally able to handle passthrough of all surround options .

Thanks all

J
(2019-01-27, 21:58)Sniffer77 Wrote: Hi all
Any android or Vero 4K ? Recently tried veto 4K and wasn’t a fan . Not keen on android .so now looking to upgrade again !

Budget is ideally under £300 but need 4K (understand there are still some hdmi 4K issues on some nuc’s)

Also have a receiver so ideally able to handle passthrough of all surround options .

Thanks all

J
What was wrong with the 4K?
Hi Sam
I just found it a little sluggish to be honest on menu selections and moving from screen to screen.
I also found my picture had a micro judder and box was up to date on updates .

To be completely honest Sam maybe I should have reached out to you about that , but the menu lag I didn’t like. I only had it a couple of weeks and just sold at a loss.

Maybe it’s because I’m coming from an old (cheap) nuc which was/is very snappy on menus , just can’t play 4K etc.

Thanks

Jamie
(2019-01-27, 22:20)Sniffer77 Wrote: Hi Sam
I just found it a little sluggish to be honest on menu selections and moving from screen to screen.
I also found my picture had a micro judder and box was up to date on updates .

To be completely honest Sam maybe I should have reached out to you about that , but the menu lag I didn’t like. I only had it a couple of weeks and just sold at a loss.

Maybe it’s because I’m coming from an old (cheap) nuc which was/is very snappy on menus , just can’t play 4K etc.

Thanks

Jamie
 Hi Jamie,

Did you run the GUI at 1080p or 4K?
For best results -- you should run it at 1080p

We have some UI performance improvements coming shortly; and 4K + GPU will get a 25% frequency boost shortly.

Not aware of judder issues; but I'm sure this is something we could've fixed. I just wanted to make sure that you hadn't opened a ticket or made a forum post and we hadn't taken care of you.

Cheers

Sam

Thanks all

J

The fastest smoothest Kodi GUI will be with a SSD equipped NUC, but it will involve a bunch of DIY if you want HDR and you will need Windows for that and have to stick to a custom Krypton version I believe or use external media player software.
It's not Plug n Play.

The most powerful media player on the market is the Apple TV 4K. Does everything apart from Bluray Rips Atmos audio passthrough.
You have to use the MrMC or Infuse Apps with that for local home Networked content.

So I do not have to repeat myself read this...

..The Best Of - categorised - media players on the market (click)

The AMLogic OSMC, LibreELEC, CoreELEC media players can get a speed bump when you increase the GPU clock rate a bit.
They will never be as lightning quick as a NUC, which I have stated repeatedly in various posts.
Not as expensive either, but in most cases a lot more 4K HDR capable.

The best all rounder media player on the market is the Apple TV 4K. It does not run Kodi without an expensive developer account. That you have to pay yearly for.
As I stated people use very well supported MrMC or the Infuse Apps instead. Read the review in this sub forum.

Thanks for the reply .
What would you recommend as the best nuc price wise that can do 4K (hdr isn’t a requirement at the moment )
I don’t want any converter, just a hdmi that can do 4K and surround with no issue .
I’m confused as to what can and can’t do appreciate any guidance .
I usually run libreelec .

As for Apple TV 4K is prefer to steer away from them as it seems a little more complicated and possibly restrictive like all apple software .
Thanks again

Thanks all

J

I got two VERO4K boxes. Since KODI17 Vero4K and also 4+ boxes [font][font]highly unstable[/font][/font] and I am planning to sell them for Firestick and someone smiler. Please stay away from this buggy product as you will regret.

Support staff are crap and abusing people who ask for support all the time....
As mentioned in our forums, we cannot support pirate add-ons nor can we assist you with circumventing and obtaining copyrighted content free of charge.

You were called a ‘dick’ by another forum user. I assume this is what you refer to regarding abuse.

We (OSMC) politely suggested several times that you start with a fresh install of OSMC without these add-ons.

You then stated that our support was fraudulent because we would not provide support for this and that the device is not fit for purpose, requesting a refund for a product that you’ve been using for three years.

You opened a support request in September 2019, stating that your device was running low on free memory and required a reboot every morning. We provided assistance with this and you marked the issue as resolved after removing an add-on on 21st September 2019. In the last few days you have stated that this has been an ongoing issue you have been waiting for a resolution for, but we have had no correspondence prior.

With all of this said, you continue to use products that you have not fully paid for, as you initiated a chargeback on your card in 2017, stating you had not authorised the transaction nor received the goods.

Despite absorbing these chargeback costs, we have been keen to help you resolve your issue and have given you the benefit of the doubt since 2017 that this may have been issued in error. To your own admission, we have resolved several support tickets that you have opened.

We are however, unable to assist you with third party add-on support, particularly ones that promote the circumvention or paying for copyrighted material.

You can at any time, start a new support request without pirate add-ons installed if the issue persists and we will be happy to assist you in resolving the issue.

Sam
(2020-04-01, 09:01)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: You were called a ‘dick’ by another forum user. 
That was me! HA! What can I say? I call 'em as I see 'em.

Did this guy really come here to declare his intent to sell (what he wrongly asserts are) inferior devices to some poor unsuspecting buyer?

If any warnings are deserved, it would be to never to buy anything off sniferx1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What’s the best box (not android or vero 4K)0