Sync Playback to Display doesn't do 23.976 to 24 at 60hz anymore (Leia RC)
Yes, please give this a try (don't forget your backup, I only have v19 prebuild here): http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...ge-x64.exe
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-09-28, 19:50)fritsch Wrote: Yes, please give this a try (don't forget your backup, I only have v19 prebuild here): http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...ge-x64.exe

Excellent, that looks to have done the job. Hopefully I can finally retire my Krypton installation now. Thanks again Smile
Thanks for feedback. Pushed it to v19.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So in the near future sync playback will work again, for example, on a libreelec raspi 4 or libre-/coreelec amlogic, etc tv boxes?
Thx a lot. Smile
It worked all the time, beside some more advanced use cases:

23.796 and 24 at 50 hz did not work. The 23.976 was properly working at 60 hz or at 24 hz.

The only real change therefore was to allow 5% distance again as in older versions.

Corelec uses AML which does its sync differently anyways. Down there in the black box.
Does it mean that Kodi will be able to change TV frequency from 50Hz to 24Hz when such movie is played? Currently, it does not work except on Shield or some rare Android media players.
If so, from where I can download test version which has this functionality?
Thanks.
(2020-10-15, 23:10)Stile35 Wrote: Does it mean that Kodi will be able to change TV frequency from 50Hz to 24Hz when such movie is played? Currently, it does not work except on Shield or some rare Android media players.
Thanks.
It switches to 24hz on every Android device I've ever used, so I don't know that it's a rare occurence. Then again I don't buy cheap Chinese boxes so perhaps you're right.

But either way this fix is to play 24 fps at 50hz, by speeding up playback & has nothing to do with switching refresh-rate to 24hz.
(2020-10-15, 23:15)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 23:10)Stile35 Wrote: Does it mean that Kodi will be able to change TV frequency from 50Hz to 24Hz when such movie is played? Currently, it does not work except on Shield or some rare Android media players.
Thanks.
It switches to 24hz on every Android device I've ever used, so I don't know that it's a rare occurence. Then again I don't buy cheap Chinese boxes so perhaps you're right.

But either way this fix is to play 24 fps at 50hz, by speeding up playback & has nothing to do with switching refresh-rate to 24hz.
It does not switch on Philips and Sony TVs. Frequency remains native (50Hz) and I have nasty judder when playing 24p content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync Playback to Display doesn't do 23.976 to 24 at 60hz anymore (Leia RC)0