Create FLAC and MP3 Album Playlist from same directory.
I read the following thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...m+playlist

I have a directory that contains both MP3 and FLAC albums, structure is fine, but they are mixed with both FLAC and MP3 albums/files. Is the above method still the only solution or is there another/new process? 

Thanks
Not exactly clear on your folder structure, so give more details and I can answer more clearly. It is duplicates of the same album, or different albums but you would like to separate them.

It is still on my (endless) todo list to add file type as something that you can filter (both dynamically and in smart playlists / custom nodes) and sort with. I want to store some basic file information in the library, then it can be used in that way.

Meanwhile what new thing v18 supports is filtering using media source. If you had all your Flac files one place, and all the mp3 (repeats) somewhere else then you could add as separate music sources, and filter while browsing etc. using source. Because of other changes in v18 this different music folder structure need not uset artist local art or NFOs etc.

But that may not be what you are looking for?
(2019-01-29, 21:29)DaveBlake Wrote: Not exactly clear on your folder structure, so give more details and I can answer more clearly. It is duplicates of the same album, or different albums but you would like to separate them.

Music/Artist/Albums (could be both, MPSs and FLAC files in same "Album Directory).

Quote:It is still on my (endless) todo list to add file type as something that you can filter (both dynamically and in smart playlists / custom nodes) and sort with. I want to store some basic file information in the library, then it can be used in that way.

Meanwhile what new thing v18 supports is filtering using media source. If you had all your Flac files one place, and all the mp3 (repeats) somewhere else then you could add as separate music sources, and filter while browsing etc. using source. Because of other changes in v18 this different music folder structure need not uset artist local art or NFOs etc.

But that may not be what you are looking for? Thanks for the info, actually I do have my lossy and lossless files seperated, but becuase of the skin I use (MQ8) and have to have on folder/directory for both in order for artwork to function properly with the skin/MQ8.

​​​​​​​Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create FLAC and MP3 Album Playlist from same directory.0