• 13(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
Dimestore Wrote:Also works fine for me in list view but not in big list view.
I´ll look into that, it´s meant to work in big list view as well.

Quote:What i also noticed in big list view is that it overlaps the right info label.
Thanks, put on my to-fix list.

Quote:I think it would also be great to have a scrollbar in big list view.
Did you enable scrollbars in the skin settings? I thought I implemented scrollbars in that view, but I am not sure though, I can´t check it right now.
Scrollbars will receive more work before the next release.

cheers for the reports Smile
show me the bugs!

I´m about to forbid myself from implementing new features for the time being. I have a rough schedule in my mind about where I want Focus to go and how and when to get there.

This means that I want Focus to reach what you could call 1.0 beta status in, but preferably before, september. For that reason I have to concentrate on fixing bugs and usability issues, concentrating on fine tuning things.

So this is a call to anyone having issues, either small or big, don´t hesitate to let me know. This is not limited to things not working (properly), usability issues are requested too. A good example of this is LoL´s comment about the pause/play button needing to be the default selected when bringing up the osd controls. A little thing that makes a big difference imo. It´s things like this you sometimes look over when working on the skin on a bigger scale.

Feature request will have to wait for the time being. I don´t mind you posting them, and at some point I will look at them, but I won´t be accepting nor dismissing them for now.

The above does not mean that I expect Focus to be final in september and that it won´t change anymore after that. But I would really like to start work on code cleaning/optimizing and resolution specific changes, and I need the foundations to be stable otherwise i´ll keep cross-fixing stuff and creating a chaos for myself. It´s expected that Focus will keep changing for a long time as xbmc itselfs keeps changing.

Well.. I dont have big list view.. Is that for library only perhaps?

Oh and, yeah, it might be a request, but, more viewstyles perhaps?
One thing that has been bugging me is the 'please wait...' text which is on top of the screen. It overlaps the topbar (or taskbar), so it's unreadable and messy. Perhaps move it to the center of the screen or someplace else.
Jeroen Wrote:LoL, I like your suggestion for the OSD, so that'll be changed. Also agreed on making the pause/play button the default selected, should have been that way from the start Wink

Thx man! Leuk om te horen Wink

Don't know if it has been mentioned before:

When updating the library and going to the home screen the rss-feed scrolls over the updating bit in the bottom of the screen..

Can't wait to see my contribution (just the idea..) in the next release Cool

Goodluck with the bug hunt, I'll try to find more!

LoL Wink
Jeroen Wrote:Did you enable scrollbars in the skin settings? I thought I implemented scrollbars in that view, but I am not sure though, I can´t check it right now.
Scrollbars will receive more work before the next release.

Yeah I enabled the scrollbars and the work and look great in the other views.

One minor bug I noticed:

When in fullscreen mode, when an album or artist name is too long it doesn't scroll.

The same happens in the now playing screen and home window.

2 feature requests:

1. I think it would be nice if more views were aviable for the now playing screen, maybe something like the songs view from medistream.

2. Since I, and maybe many others, use the "mobile phone style" to input text I don't really need that keyboard layout and so it would be nice if only the "text input" would appear somwhere.
To illustrate my above post (2 up actually) Smile

And another usabilty one:

when in the shutdownmenu (which is great btw) I frequently press exit hoping it will show me the methods of exit (shutdown, restart, etc) but instead it just closes the shutdownmenu, offcourse I should just press to the right and choose from there but maybe you could just link the exit button to the right (pressing "exit" gives the same result as pressing "right")?? maybe i should just get used to it? Wink

LoL
megatomte Wrote:I dont have big list view.. Is that for library only perhaps?
Yes, that view is only available in Library mode.

aart Wrote:One thing that has been bugging me is the 'please wait...' text which is on top of the screen. It overlaps the topbar (or taskbar), so it's unreadable and messy.
Yes, that is planned to change

Dimestore Wrote:Yeah I enabled the scrollbars and the work and look great in the other views.
ok, right now they are working for me in that view, so I probably updated it after the last release then. Should be fixed in the next release.

Quote:When in fullscreen mode, when an album or artist name is too long it doesn't scroll.
The same happens in the now playing screen and home window.
That screen has been changed completely, so shouldn't be a problem in the next build.
I'll check the others, cheers

LoL Wrote:When updating the library and going to the home screen the rss-feed scrolls over the updating bit in the bottom of the screen..
Yes, that's a really annoying one. The rss feed should become invisible when the scanning dialog is active. I use the same method in other scenarios but for some reason in this case it won't work. I'm going to look into it some more again.

Quote:when in the shutdownmenu (which is great btw) I frequently press exit hoping it will show me the methods of exit (shutdown, restart, etc) but instead it just closes the shutdownmenu, offcourse I should just press to the right and choose from there but maybe you could just link the exit button to the right (pressing "exit" gives the same result as pressing "right")??
Hm, I actually didn't assign any onclick action to the exit button which makes xbmc close the dialog it seems. moving to the right hand column sounds good.
xbs08 Wrote:I would like to suggest that, when in "list" and "detail list" views, the user should be able to cycle from the beginning to the end of the list, by simply going up, making it faster and easier to access the items at the end of the list.

Found the cause of this. Fixed for next release.
Jeroen Wrote:Found the cause of this. Fixed for next release.
Cool

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I've updated to the new Alpha version in the xbmc-favorites installer plugin.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
About the mini home menu... the older exit menu was simple, easy and funtional and i think that the mini home menu shouldn't be linked through exit as it is now (because is such a generic menu), but instead have its own shortcut in homescreen, just my opinion.

Other thing, is it possible to show the dvd icon at the same time as the home menu bar? The thing is that the icon appears first and then a sec later the bar appears making it somewhat strange.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
LoL Wrote:when in the shutdownmenu (which is great btw) I frequently press exit hoping it will show me the methods of exit (shutdown, restart, etc) but instead it just closes the shutdownmenu, offcourse I should just press to the right and choose from there but maybe you could just link the exit button to the right (pressing "exit" gives the same result as pressing "right")??

I'm afraid this is impossible
I'm considering some other options, like putting the exit options horizontally across the top or bottom, but I also see some issues with that. But in any case that will have to wait for a bit.
Another minor bug:

In skin settings under viewtypes I enabled coverflow and posters for seasons, but can't select these view types in tv shows library.
xbs08 Wrote:About the mini home menu... the older exit menu was simple, easy and funtional and i think that the mini home menu shouldn't be linked through exit as it is now (because is such a generic menu), but instead have its own shortcut in homescreen, just my opinion.

I agree. There's not really a previous exit menu though, aside from a totally crap, half functioning one in the earlier builds. The one in the previous build was the one from PM3, temporarily added to be at least functional. I think I will just remove any click action from the exit button though. The exit options are available through the submenu of the exit button. And the minihomescreen doesn't really need a visual button imo, as it's just a buttonpress away and all the options are already available through the main menu on the big home screen anyway, so it's a bit redundant there.

Quote:Other thing, is it possible to show the dvd icon at the same time as the home menu bar? The thing is that the icon appears first and then a sec later the bar appears making it somewhat strange.
done Smile
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3