• 6(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
Jeroen,
Nice skin - great work!
One question: Is there a dedicated TV Shows link anywhere?
I can't see any setting to turn on a TV Shows link on the home screen...
TheObo Wrote:Jeroen,
Nice skin - great work!
One question: Is there a dedicated TV Shows link anywhere?
I can't see any setting to turn on a TV Shows link on the home screen...

People, no offense but please read the first post. There´s questions I keep on answering of which the answers are specifically mentioned in the first post. I honestly don´t mind answering questions but repeating the same gets a bit tiresome.
But glad you like the skin Smile
the ONLY issue I have at the moment is with the power aspect to the skin.

Maybe it's just 16x9, but the power button looks squashed, and the power menu could do with a tidy-up. But apart from that...tidy!

(gavin and stacey moment there!!
Jeroen,

Excellent news - Ill look out for the next release lovely lookin skin and i like the navigation - Really well done.. also lovely to see users feedback taken on..

Nice one
Shane
MikeBeecham Wrote:the ONLY issue I have at the moment is with the power aspect to the skin.

Maybe it's just 16x9, but the power button looks squashed, and the power menu could do with a tidy-up. But apart from that...tidy!

(gavin and stacey moment there!!

Yes, it's because of 16x9, the texture is perfectly square Smile
The power menu is a mess, it will be fixed eventually. It's an annoying and boring dialog to skin and since I never use it, motivation is lacking Tongue

I don't know gavin and stacey, but I assume they're...tidy Rolleyes

shanedoyle Wrote:Excellent news - Ill look out for the next release lovely lookin skin

At least initially the cycling backgrounds will be universal through all windows. I spent quite some time yesterday on having three options.
1. One fixed background
2. cycling background
3. cycling background per library/content type. So movies would have a seperate background folder, tvshows, music, etc.

Combined with the option to have global fanart, and a dedicated fanart view, and several diffuse and overlay layers and combining those with the above three options and fallback solutions it gets (too) complex quick though. So many layering and conditions bring up some roadblocks. Not to mention possible memory issues on the 'ol xbox.
So at least for the time being it's going to be 1 and 2 only.

Got quite a lot of work done though. I hope to release a new version next weekend which would bring it close to some sort of milestone status.
Hey,

Great skin man!! Eventhough it's not finished yet it's my number 1 choice!!! Smile

It's the only skin, to my knowledge, that has a readable font (type, color and size), other skins should use this as an example!! Wink (BTW I'm watching it on 16:9 tv)

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to your next release!

LoL Wink
Looking forward to the HD version of this great skin.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Not much to say other than, thanks! great skin!
Hi Jeroen,

Great skin, but I noticed some of the fonts display strange at 16:9 480p resolution on the xbox - screenshots linked below.

I changed my resolution to NTSC 16:9 (480i) and the garbled fonts all displayed correctly, change back to 480p and they're garbled again.

I'd love to play with this skin a bit more if you know of a solution to this problem...

Cheers,
Adam.

Screenshots:
wow, this skin is nice! great work!
Thanks guys Smile

ads_german Wrote:Hi Jeroen,
Great skin, but I noticed some of the fonts display strange at 16:9 480p resolution on the xbox - screenshots linked below.

Damn, that's annoying. I experienced this exact same problem in the early stages of this skin. After experimenting with some font settings for a while I managed to fix it. Well, appearantly not completely. I was able to reprocuce the problem and the fix. I set a particular font 1 point higher and changed the font aspect ratio and the problem did not appear again. Slightly recalibrating my screen and rebooting the box after that reset the fonts back to normal again. When you have some time could you try if recalibrating the screen fixes the problem and then try to get it screwed up again? Or any other way to do this? It might give me some clue about where to look for the problem.
In any case I see it happens only with certain fonts, so that pattern should probably give me some clues. I'll look into it, otherwise I'll see if any of the devs know what might be causing this.
Thanks for the report Smile
I had this font problem today. Switched from NTSC4:3 to NTSC16:9. It happened when I used the skin zoom function. Can't remember if i zoomed in or out tho. Sorry!
Hi Jeroen,

I tried playing around with settings as you suggested and while changing the video calibration didn't have any effect, changing the skin zoom to anything other than 0% (either plus or minus zoom) seems to fix the fonts problem at 480p 16:9 resolution. Changing back to 0% skin zoom at 480p 16:9 recreates the problem again.

Cheers,
Adam.
Hmm, here's something weird though... I left the skin zoom at 2% (where the font was displaying correctly using focus as the skin) and changed to another skin (aeon)

All displayed ok with aeon...

Then when I changed back to focus (with the skin zoom still at 2%) the garbled font problem came back.

Now 0% and 2% skin zoom cause the font problem using focus, while >2% and <0% skin zoom eliminate the problem again...
and even after several restarts of xbmc, the problem remained...

so i then switched back to aeon as the skin, reset the skin zoom to 0% then played with the screen calibration again to remove excess underscan, and restarted the xbox

next i changed back to focus (still at 0% skin zoom again) and the font problem has disappeared.

after restarting the xbox again, the fonts are still displaying correctly.

So lastly, I changed back to Aeon, which I have been using lately as my default skin, and I noticed the top date/time bar is a little higher positioned (less gap between the date/time and the top of screen), so my screen calibration must be slightly different than it was originally.

so in the end it looks like both playing with the screen calibration and the skin zoom can both fix this problem...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3