• 10(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
If you need a Portuguese translation i can do it

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hi Jeroen do you know if you fixed the bug in the audio menu when watching a movie. Like some of the radio buttons for turning on subtitles or enabling output to all speakers can't be seen. I sorta have to guess if its on or not. Hope that gets fixed. Thanks for the wonderful skin.
scarfa Wrote:Hi Jeroen do you know if you fixed the bug in the audio menu when watching a movie. Like some of the radio buttons for turning on subtitles or enabling output to all speakers can't be seen. I sorta have to guess if its on or not. Hope that gets fixed. Thanks for the wonderful skin.

Yes this bug is fixed for the next release Smile
Can we expect a new revision soon?
Yes, some time this week. I had originally planned to do a release last weekend, but I wanted to do some more things.
jeroen,

I would like to add an entry to the sub menu of 'Videos' is there any way to do this?
MikeBeecham Wrote:jeroen,

I would like to add an entry to the sub menu of 'Videos' is there any way to do this?

Yes and No Smile

Not through the skin's interface at the moment. The submenus are currently using the buttonscroller control. This control unfortunately does not allow visibility conditions on it's individual items. Something which is needed to offer some sort of user customisation. This control is considered deprecated and will unfortunately be removed from xbmc eventually if I'm correct. Buttonscrollers do offer some advantages though. The scrolling is smooth and it allows gradual fading of the list.

In order to get the same results and make it customizable I'll need to completely rewrite the menu system and use static lists combined with animations or something along those lines. I would like to make the submenus completely customizable, so I will be rewriting it at some point.

Now to the yes. Adding entries is quite simple though by editing the xml.

- Open up the file HomeVideoMenu.xml
- around line 45 the code for the actual buttons starts. Just copy and paste one of those button entries.
- increase the ID of the added entry by 1 (so "8" in this case)
- enter the text you want to appear for the button between the <label>tags
- enter the path (or script or whatever you want to point it to) between the <onclick> tags.

wiki links of interest for that last step:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Window_IDs

The only thing left to do is scroll up a bit to <numbuttons>7</numbuttons>
Change this value to the new total amount of buttons in the menu.

Hope that helps Smile
Jeroen,

Sorry if I missed it, but when will the HD version of this nice looking skin be out?
Ayla Wrote:Jeroen,

Sorry if I missed it, but when will the HD version of this nice looking skin be out?

I honestly have no idea Smile

The HD version hasn't got any work done on it for a long time. Since then the normal version received a lot of bug fixes, changes and improvements. It would take less time to start over completely with the HD version based on the current Focus instead of porting over all the changes to what I had before.

My plans have changed regularly. The most recent plan was to have two completely seperate versions, so basically two different skins. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

How it currently stands is: number one priority at this moment is getting Focus to a 1.0 state where I feel it can provide a good base for any other version to be based on. Then I don't think a seperate HD version will be made, instead I will gradually be making HD specific changes to the, then current, Focus.
For what it's worth -- I think the skin looks beautiful already; on my 50" 720p screen Smile
... that doesn't mean I'm not encouraging a HD version though Big Grin
New revision released, see first post for details.
I didn't get as much done as I would like due to the scorching heat over here the last week Confused, but still reasonably happy.
Implemented some things last minute and I haven't had a whole lot of time for testing so I may have overlooked things, let me know if weird stuff happens, I'll be fixing up bugs in the coming week.
Big GrinLike the update! alot of work done, considering the heat.

Question: is it possible to give the option to use all viewtypes also if your not using library-mode under music. AlbumFlow only works within library mode.
Not all of my music is scanned into the library (yet, or too rare)

In library mode (TV-Shows) I would like the Thumbs bigger, they look a litle like poststamps Blush

For the rest a great skin
Forgot to update some navigation controls in video left menu Blush Updated download package.

IIINeOIIINL Wrote:Question: is it possible to give the option to use all viewtypes also if your not using library-mode under music. AlbumFlow only works within library mode.
Not all of my music is scanned into the library (yet, or too rare)
No, that's not possible. In library mode the viewtypes that will be presented is based on the type of content that is being listed. That way it's possible to present a different variation of a viewtype for tvhows and for movies for instance. To determine this items have to be scanned to the library. I could make the viewtypes available to files view but then one certain viewtype would be used everywhere (like coverflow view for genres or years, or wide icon view for movies, which looks messy and weird) Not to mention having to flip through all those viewtypes to get to the one you want. Focus aims to be a library orientated skin, I only use files view when I have to scan stuff or add shares.
Advice would be to have your library scanned automatically on startup. That way you'll always have it up to date.

Quote:In library mode (TV-Shows) I would like the Thumbs bigger, they look a litle like poststamps
Which view? Coverslide? I want to be able to see at least two items ahead, and since the thumbs are wide and I want to keep their aspectratio correct, this is as large as it can go (they are already a bit bigger than in the previous version iirc) So then this unfortunately is a trade off on smaller screens.

Quote:For the rest a great skin
Thanks Smile
Wow, I like the improvements on this rev! great OSD, the fonts are very clear and can't really see the difference with the old ones. I saw you also changed the volume slider bar, but I liked the old one with the numbers inside better. And I'm not a big fan of the busy 'icon'. Maybe a simple spinning circle would be better...
Still my default skin...great job!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3