• 11(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
Jeroen....great rev mate. Fonts are clear on SD television, and everything seems to rock. If I'm honest I prefered the old video OSD (glass), but really like the controls that are on them. With regards to the new volume indicator, I like it, but there seems to be a graphical 'glitch', as I can see some kind of dark outer 'glow' but has been sliced off halfway up!

Apart from that, great rev mate.
@Jeroen :: I think I found a bug that may have been there awhile...

While watching a video, click info and the information slides up on the screen.
Click info again and the information just disappears.
Click Menu to see playback controls and the information (from step 1) slides off the screen.

Thanks for the great skin!!

MDPauley
Quote:
In library mode (TV-Shows) I would like the Thumbs bigger, they look a litle like poststamps

Which view? Coverslide? I want to be able to see at least two items ahead, and since the thumbs are wide and I want to keep their aspectratio correct, this is as large as it can go (they are already a bit bigger than in the previous version iirc) So then this unfortunately is a trade off on smaller screens.

I mean View type: List (Dutch: lijst) the Thumb of a TV-Show is a litle bit small.
Coverslide is ver nice view, you might lower the thumb and plottext? because its interfering the top menubar.

I Also liked the old font an windows, but as you said in your opening post, your working on it.

Keep on the good work! Nod
Sorry for the double post.

a Small comment for the font, it's looks a litle bit too big, specialy in a dialog window.

I love the new shutdown window, you might consider putting exit on top.
MikeBeecham Wrote:Jeroen....great rev mate. Fonts are clear on SD television, and everything seems to rock. If I'm honest I prefered the old video OSD (glass), but really like the controls that are on them. With regards to the new volume indicator, I like it, but there seems to be a graphical 'glitch', as I can see some kind of dark outer 'glow' but has been sliced off halfway up!

Apart from that, great rev mate.

Thanks Mike Smile I'm using pretty much the same texture for the OSD as before, just darker. The OSD textures will probably see some more slight changes. Probably a tad lighter. Personally I don't like how atm it's not always very clear which button is focused. So that will need to be adressed too.

I'll look into the volume bar glitch, but I will probably change it to be horizontal again but keep it in about the same space.

MPauley73 Wrote:While watching a video, click info and the information slides up on the screen.
Click info again and the information just disappears.
Click Menu to see playback controls and the information (from step 1) slides off the screen.
If I've understood you correctly I have not been able to reproduce that, but I will look into it some more later. Cheers Smile

IIINeOIIINL Wrote:[i]
I mean View type: List (Dutch: lijst) the Thumb of a TV-Show is a litle bit small.
Coverslide is ver nice view, you might lower the thumb and plottext? because its interfering the top menubar.
Ah ok. Yes I guess it is a bit small. There's not enough horizontal space left for it to grow Smile Only way would be to make the list less wide in order to make the thumb bigger. Something I would't have a problem with as there's no right hand labels in tv show lists. So, I'll think about it Smile

IIINeOIIINL Wrote:a Small comment for the font, it's looks a litle bit too big, specialy in a dialog window.
I love the new shutdown window, you might consider putting exit on top.
Regarding the font in dialog windows, What type of screen are you using?. Because for higher resolutions these will be made smaller.
I prefer to keep the items in the shutdown window in the same order as on the home screen as it's basically become a mini home screen. And exit is easy to reach by going up from the top menu item.

and oh, download package updated again as a texture was missing (the diffuse texture which sits behind the row of thumbs in fanart view). That's what you'll get when cleaning up redundant files while you actually need to sleep Tongue
I registered here much for this skin, because I usually lurk. But this felt worthy of a post, so here I am.

It was a pain searching up this thread but here I am, after going in to the Credits tab in the settings menu. (Very smart Smile)

Firstly my visualisations stopped working, no idea why, but with the latest release they are working again, so no worries there. Everything is quite brilliant with the theme, and it runs perfectly.

Now, something I noticed in this newer release is when listening to music -> Display, so I get fullscreen visualisation, and then bring up the menu. Only a few options show "RWD 32X -Blank- FWD 8X -Blank- -Blank- FWD 2X -Paused- -Blank- -Blank-"

The RWD 32X Rewinds to the start/goes back one song,
the blank next to it is the real rewind,
the FWD 8X pauses/plays the music,
the next blank forwards (2x, 8x, etc),
the last blank before the 'paused' jumps to the next song,
the FWD 2X brings up the song information menu,
The paused tab brings up the visualisation choose menu,
the next blank brings up the visualisation presets menu,
and finally, the last blank has something to do with visualisations too.. I cant tell as I am not that good at things.

Thank you for making a great skin, and hopefully you'll be able to extract something from this Smile
First off thanks for this great skin.
Dont know if it is to early to report bugs but it seems that covers are deformed in AlbumFlow and Icons view.

AlbumFlow:Image

Icons:Image

Tested on latest t3ch xbmc and Focus Alpha 4.
megatomte Wrote:Now, something I noticed in this newer release is when listening to music -> Display, so I get fullscreen visualisation, and then bring up the menu. Only a few options show "RWD 32X -Blank- FWD 8X -Blank- -Blank- FWD 2X -Paused- -Blank- -Blank-"...

That doesn't sound good No I'll look into this Smile
Thanks for taking the effort to report your findings!

Dimestore Wrote:Dont know if it is to early to report bugs
On the contrary, it can never be too early Smile

Quote:but it seems that covers are deformed in AlbumFlow and Icons view.

That's partly because of the 4:3 aspecratio. Focus's development has been focused mainly on 16:9 and HD. I will do what I can to make it look as good as possible for 4:3, but in a lot of cases 4:3 will have to be compromised. In the case of icon view it's a trade of in any aspect ratio as the covers are hardly ever the same size. I want them to have the same dimensions in the skin though to keep things tidy. So at the moment they are stretched to that size, but I can look into how it will work out if I scale the images instead. This will mean though that small parts of the cover will be cut of in some cases.

The title font in the coverflow screenshot looks awfully big now that I look at it, I'll be downsizing that Tongue
Quote:Regarding the font in dialog windows, What type of screen are you using?. Because for higher resolutions these will be made smaller.

I'm using it on a 42 inch, on 720p (Xbox), maybey it's more like taste. To me in some kind a way, the look a litle strech verticaly. (settings and calibrations are fine)

Fot the rest, Cool
scarfa Wrote:Hi Jeroen do you know if you fixed the bug in the audio menu when watching a movie. Like some of the radio buttons for turning on subtitles or enabling output to all speakers can't be seen. I sorta have to guess if its on or not. Hope that gets fixed. Thanks for the wonderful skin.

Jeroen Wrote:Yes this bug is fixed for the next release Smile

It doesn't appear to be fixed in the new version.
IIINeOIIINL Wrote:I'm using it on a 42 inch, on 720p (Xbox), maybey it's more like taste. To me in some kind a way, the look a litle strech verticaly. (settings and calibrations are fine)

Fot the rest, Cool

I will be running down the font sizes and other stuff for 720p at a later stage Smile

scarfa Wrote:It doesn't appear to be fixed in the new version.
Did you do a clean install?
Can anyone else confirm this? because for me they are definitely showing up.
Quote:Now, something I noticed in this newer release is when listening to music -> Display, so I get fullscreen visualisation, and then bring up the menu. Only a few options show "RWD 32X -Blank- FWD 8X -Blank- -Blank- FWD 2X -Paused- -Blank- -Blank-"...

The same happens to me.

Also, I don't know if this applies just to Focus or if it is xbmc wide (haven't tested with other skins yet, sorry) but while playing music, no matter what view I leave it in it always eventually goes to the visualization, except there's nothing there... just the blue background gradient. When a new song comes on, I see the album cover etc for a sec or two with visualization behind it blended with the gradient (like I have it set) then everything goes away and it's just the gradient again. Is there a setting that I have screwed up somewhere?

Which XML file do I need to edit in order to change the Shutdown menu items? There are one or two things I'd like the change in it to suit my preferences. (BTW, this is by FAR the best shutdown menu in any skin ever!)

And one more preference thing... in the music library, when I don't have an icon for an artist, I'd rather have no icon (or maybe a PMIII-esque silhouette) than the big gray square telling me I don't have an icon. It's kinda ugly, and if it's blank or just a silhouette, I'll be perfectly aware that there isn't an icon without the huge gray square telling me so.
rwparris2 Wrote:The same happens to me.
I've found the cause of this...the cause appeared to be...not having done any skinning on it at all Laugh I assumed that in this screen it would just use the osd controls I had already set. But it appears a seperate one should be made for this screen. And since I don't really use visualisations I hadn't come across this yet Smile Expect a fix for this in the next version.

Quote:Also, I don't know if this applies just to Focus or if it is xbmc wide (haven't tested with other skins yet, sorry) but while playing music, no matter what view I leave it in it always eventually goes to the visualization, except there's nothing there... just the blue background gradient. When a new song comes on, I see the album cover etc for a sec or two with visualization behind it blended with the gradient (like I have it set) then everything goes away and it's just the gradient again. Is there a setting that I have screwed up somewhere?
Hm. I have been working on this screen today (on my Windows build) and the visualisation sometimes dissapears for me too. I have not tested this on the xbox yet so atm I don't know whether this is skin related or not. Anyway, I am currently completely rewriting this anyway so hopefully that will take care of any weird stuff.

Quote:Which XML file do I need to edit in order to change the Shutdown menu items? There are one or two things I'd like the change in it to suit my preferences. (BTW, this is by FAR the best shutdown menu in any skin ever!)
That would be dialogbuttonmenu.xml

Quote:And one more preference thing... in the music library, when I don't have an icon for an artist, I'd rather have no icon (or maybe a PMIII-esque silhouette) than the big gray square telling me I don't have an icon. It's kinda ugly, and if it's blank or just a silhouette, I'll be perfectly aware that there isn't an icon without the huge gray square telling me so.

Those are basically placeholders until I come up with something. I hate making icons so that would be the reason Smile Leaving it empty is not an option for me though.
scarfa Wrote:It doesn't appear to be fixed in the new version.

Jeroen Wrote:Did you do a clean install?
Can anyone else confirm this? because for me they are definitely showing up.

Well I deleted the old version and installed the new version. What else do I have to do?
scarfa Wrote:Well I deleted the old version and installed the new version. What else do I have to do?

Extremely strange. To be sure it wasn´t something that slipped in at the last moment I downloaded the version I uploaded and checked that one. And the textures really are showing up in that version. It´s something I fixed quite some time ago already. Only thing I can suggest at the moment is redownloading.

I´m very curious to know if there´s more people experiencing the same problem, because I really don´t have a clue tbh.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3