• 14(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
Dimestore Wrote:In skin settings under viewtypes I enabled coverflow and posters for seasons, but can't select these view types in tv shows library.

Fixed coverflow for seasons for next version.
The reference to posters is a string I forgot to remove from the settings screen. It referred to a view which didn't make it into the release.
Jeroen Wrote:And the minihomescreen doesn't really need a visual button imo, as it's just a buttonpress away

Is the minihomescreen available through a buttonpress in the xbox dvd remote also?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Is the minihomescreen available through a buttonpress in the xbox dvd remote also?

I am not sure, I use a Harmony, but I don't think so. So that's a good point. That kinda sucks actually.
What I might do is make a custom dialog window with just the shutdown options available instead for the button on the homescreen. But all this depends on what I'll decide to do with the shutdown options in the minihomescreen.
Cheers
Maybe For the shutdown menu if it defaulted to the actual shutdown options, instead of Video. I don't think you should separate the "minishomescreen" from the shutdown menu it because there wouldn't be a good way to get to it with an xbox controller.

Quote:Is the minihomescreen available through a buttonpress in the xbox dvd remote also?
add <zero>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</zero> to keymap.xml under <remote> You can map it to any button you want, but zero seems the most natural to me.
No need for custom context menus when it should have been mapped to begin with

PS - I found a bug.
In Settings>SkinSettings>Fanart>Dim Fanart Images, activating light or strong toggles both radio buttons at once. And I know you're in a feature freeze, but in the future can we have a dedicated movie fanart view please?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Maybe For the shutdown menu if it defaulted to the actual shutdown options, instead of Video. I don't think you should separate the "minishomescreen" from the shutdown menu it because there wouldn't be a good way to get to it with an xbox controller.
No, I wouldn't take it away from the minihomescreen (got to find a better name for that Tongue ) and put it into a seperate window if that's what you mean. The MHS would just stay much like it is now, but clicking on the power off icon on the homescreen would envoke a custom dialog which also has the advanced shutdown options. But anyway, this is something I have to consider several options for. In any case it won't be changed in the next release.

And you're right about the buttons being easily changed through a keymap, so that's something I'll take into account too.

Quote:PS - I found a bug.
In Settings>SkinSettings>Fanart>Dim Fanart Images, activating light or strong toggles both radio buttons at once.
Heh, yeah that's a weird one because for me it only does that on the xbox. On my win32 build it selects correctly. But that part has been changed/simplified for the next release in the meantime.

Quote:And I know you're in a feature freeze, but in the future can we have a dedicated movie fanart view please?
A dedicated movie fanart view was made before the freeze Wink
rwparris2 Wrote:add <zero>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</zero> to keymap.xml under <remote> You can map it to any button you want, but zero seems the most natural to me.

I have it mapped to zero too Smile but i'm thinking of those who dont want/know how to map keys in the remote.

The MHS is a very nice feature and a fast/alternative one to get around the skin, i just dont think it makes sense to have it in the exit button. Exit should point to a exit menu (or not at all because you have that in exit submenu) and not a all options menu like MHS.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Quote:No, I wouldn't take it away from the minihomescreen (got to find a better name for that Tongue ) and put it into a seperate window if that's what you mean.

Yeah, I misinterpreted you and xbs08, sorry.

Quote:And I know you're in a feature freeze, but in the future can we have a dedicated movie fanart view please?

What I mean is, under TV there is the View Type: Fanart that moves al the icons to the bottom, & if you idle you get the plot,etc. I'd also like that for Movies (unless it's already there and I just don't know how to do it?)

And one more suggestion, but this one is just a personal preference, you may think it's ugly/stupid/unnecessary Smile
In the fan art view mentioned above, if the fan art is light or whitish, you can't read the text at all. Full dimming doesn't occur in that view (nor should it, imho...), but if there was a gradient that darkened it at the bottom, just enough to make the text readable, it'd be really helpful, and would look nicer than dimming it all over.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:What I mean is, under TV there is the View Type: Fanart that moves al the icons to the bottom, & if you idle you get the plot,etc. I'd also like that for Movies (unless it's already there and I just don't know how to do it?)
I should have been a bit clearer in my words. What I mean is that a dedicated movie fanart view was made before the freeze but after the most recent release. In other words, it's not in any release yet Wink And it follows the same concept as the tv fanart view.

Quote:And one more suggestion, but this one is just a personal preference, you may think it's ugly/stupid/unnecessary Smile
In the fan art view mentioned above, if the fan art is light or whitish, you can't read the text at all. Full dimming doesn't occur in that view (nor should it, imho...), but if there was a gradient that darkened it at the bottom, just enough to make the text readable, it'd be really helpful, and would look nicer than dimming it all over.

Not stupid at all. When originally uploading the latest release I forgot to include a texture that's like you described. I updated the upload later, but I guess you already downloaded it at that point. So if you redownload it should be there. It's not completely to my liking yet, so finetuning is needed Smile
Jeroen,
Really like the skin.
Logical layout, easy to use and the animations are right-on... not too much or too little.

I'd love to see a few things...
  • Hidden setting menu (so guests and kids don't go nosing around)
  • Menu bar able to be placed almost at the bottom... say 20% up. Allow the RSS to scroll under it and the extended menu to "jump" up above the bar. This would place the Weather & Time/Date near the top. This would allow more appeal when using custom backgrounds.
  • Custom Background folders for each menu item

I cannot wait to see what additions you make.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Jeroen,

I'm trying to change the size of the movie poster.

I'm in File mode (not library) and my view setting is "List".

Could you point me to the correct .xml file and line number, where I can change the poster size on the right?

Thanks
Martin
that would be myvideo.xml, it's a small file so it's easily spotted. for the poster make sure you edit the thumb, not the icon.
Livin Wrote:
  • Hidden setting menu (so guests and kids don't go nosing around)
  • Menu bar able to be placed almost at the bottom... say 20% up. Allow the RSS to scroll under it and the extended menu to "jump" up above the bar. This would place the Weather & Time/Date near the top. This would allow more appeal when using custom backgrounds.
  • Custom Background folders for each menu item

Thanks Smile Number two is not going to happen, for various reasons. As for hiding the settings, I feel that's what profiles are for, not something that should be handled on skin level imo. Number 3 is a maybe. A big maybe though. I've recently rewritten the entire way backgrounds are handled. New release will allow setting custom background for the different screens, but no background changing upon selecting one of the main menu items I'm afraid. Currently I'm concentrating on finetuning and not on new features.
Hey jeroen....Focus is getting SO good mate, and it's great to see a skin that works on the different resolutions. It's so well packaged and the views are spot on.

You're doing well mate...keep going
Jeroen,

Forgot to say that I love that you have skinned the Apple Movie Trailers plugin, It's so cool that it looks like when I'm browsing my movies!

One question, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the settings, choosing HD trailers as preference, etc.?

Keep up the great work Smile

I will try and change the postersize now!
I think you are mistaking the movie trailers plugin for the script versionWink
There's the movie trailers plugin which uses the skin's gui to render. So it treats it like any other file listing in xbmc. And then there's the movie trailers script which basically uses it's own seperate skin. So if you would start the script version it will look like PM3 even though you are using Focus.
I prefer the plugin version, as you can use any viewtype that the skin offers, but I do plan on skinning the script version too at some point, making it blend in with Focus, but using the advantages the script version has.
The settings for the plugin version you are using now can be changed by going into "plugins" (video submenu), hovering on apple movie trailers, going to the context menu and selecting "plugin settings"
Cheers Smile
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3