• 17(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
@Jeoren and "For this revision I am specifically interested in comments about the new fonts. Not necessarily the fonts themselves, but things like sizing and spacing. Do they have good readability compared to the previous fonts?"
I can't remember the difference between the old one but the new one is very good.

The only issue I've found is when I press add source in Music it seems to just go to Home?
Also there seems to be a bug in the context menu in Music? Press left (, press right) and press enter twice

Other stuff I'd like to see is
In movie fanart could you please only fade them in if you hover for a while on the movie?

EDIT: I've noticed some bugs with fanart, namely.
* Fanart for Movies blends with background and not with the black overlay (I prefer the black overlay)
* If you enable fanart, enable custom background, disable fanart. All background goes black and stay that way.

Thx again for a lovely skin which I've come to love alot. Have you though more about the skining project?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:I can't remember the difference between the old one but the new one is very good.
Good. That was the intention Smile I wanted open source fonts similar to the old ones.

Quote:The only issue I've found is when I press add source in Music it seems to just go to Home?
That's weird. I can't reproduce it. Should a skin even have control over that Huh It's just part of the control list, and the action is an xbmc call I would assume.

Quote:Also there seems to be a bug in the context menu in Music? Press left (, press right) and press enter twice
Do you mean on the sorting button? If so, yes that's a bug. Has been corrected for the next revision. That concerns the "other" menu though, not the context menu. If not, can you elaborate, like which menu entry has focus?

Quote:Other stuff I'd like to see is
In movie fanart could you please only fade them in if you hover for a while on the movie?
Yep, the movie fanart support as it is in the last release is quick and dirty. Movie fanart has been improved much for the next release due in about a week.

Quote:EDIT: I've noticed some bugs with fanart, namely.
* Fanart for Movies blends with background and not with the black overlay (I prefer the black overlay)
Yeah, that's not intended. The whole background changing and combining has been rewritten. It's more complex now, but it does work better Smile, this should not happen in the next version anymore.
Quote:* If you enable fanart, enable custom background, disable fanart. All background goes black and stay that way.
Ditto Smile

Quote:Thx again for a lovely skin which I've come to love alot. Have you though more about the skining project?
Oh, it will definitely be part of the skinning project. I really wanted the codebase to be more stable first. I have been working a lot on this the last period, the next release is probably the biggest update so far. After that there will probably be one more release and then it's off to SVN Smile
Will the next release have fanart for files mode?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Will the next release have fanart for files mode?

Depends on to what extent. It wasn't planned, but I don't think global fanart would require a lot of work, so I can look into that. If you mean a full dedicated fanart viewtype, I'm not sure of that. I would have to think about it.
Great skin!

Any future plans for additional views in File Mode, specifically in videos?

Thanks, looks forward to your next release.
rwparris2 Wrote:Will the next release have fanart for files mode?

If you ever decide to do this (please don't Big Grin) make it toggleable and off by default Smile I really like to have filemode simple and fast.
IMHO I think filemode is just a good way to set up library mode

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
SimonC Wrote:Great skin!

Any future plans for additional views in File Mode, specifically in videos?

Thanks, looks forward to your next release.

Thanks Smile No, sorry. I don't use file mode for anything besides adding sources, and the layout of almost all views in Focus is determined by the type of content that is being listed. And that's not possible in filemode.

Topfs2 Wrote:If you ever decide to do this (please don't Big Grin) make it toggleable and off by default Smile I really like to have filemode simple and fast.
IMHO I think filemode is just a good way to set up library mode

Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. I don't want fanart in filemode either. But I thought it would be easy to add, and it is, but in order to have fanart in librarymode but not in filemode I would have to set up seperate bools which would mean twice the settings in the skin screen...hmm Oo Blush
I´m really enjoying this skin. I´m looking forward to the next release. Thanks again!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I have a small thing more for your next release Smile

I've noticed you have KaiNotifications over the RSS, which seems to work ok but scanning for movies ie is working less good for me, both RSS and the scanning progress are visible for me, doesn't look to good Smile

Might be good to move either the RSS or the others to a row up perhaps? that is if the conditional visability is working weird :S Otherwise I like the placement. Got to admire all your thoughts in this skin, it's very well polished. Feels wonderfull to use.

Also could you have the tag you have added in fanart (Darken fanart thing) to not be enabled on Fullscreen video (You know when you navigating the home menu) Personally I think it would look better without that one on, atleast in home. In the rest of the views it might be needed for readability.

Cheers.

Jeroen Wrote:Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. I don't want fanart in filemode either. But I thought it would be easy to add, and it is, but in order to have fanart in librarymode but not in filemode I would have to set up seperate bools which would mean twice the settings in the skin screen...hmm

If you don't want to add it b/c of settings & all that its no big deal... I can add it with a simple copy/paste myself when the time comes.

The only reason I want it is I keep my Kid's shows out of the library, but still enjoy fanart.

& It is a great skin Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Oh I just remembered one more thing, could you add more sorting options to TV Shows? It feels weird and not so intuitive to have just sort by name when your trying to watch your favourite show Big Grin

Cheers

Topfs2 Wrote:both RSS and the scanning progress are visible for me, doesn't look to good Smile
Might be good to move either the RSS or the others to a row up perhaps? that is if the conditional visability is working weird :S
It is (imo) working weird, or at least inconsistent. This problem exists from as early as the first version. I use the same method in every scenario but for some reason it wouldn't work for the scanning progress meter. I believe I fixed the issue now though. previously I used the Window ID to set the condition, but it seems that the conditional visibility only works when I use the delta window ID.

Quote:Also could you have the tag you have added in fanart (Darken fanart thing) to not be enabled on Fullscreen video (You know when you navigating the home menu)
You know, I actually don't even remember exactly how it looks in the current released version, but I don't think the fanart dim setting has any effect on the non-fanart background images. If it does, it shouldn't Wink There is a diffuse texture that does though. Since there is no way to toggle this on or off, and I like a bit of dim around the edges I will not be removing that. I created a new, less dramatic diffuse texture though, so the effect will be more subtle in the next version.

rwparris2 Wrote:If you don't want to add it b/c of settings & all that its no big deal... I can add it with a simple copy/paste myself when the time comes.

The only reason I want it is I keep my Kid's shows out of the library, but still enjoy fanart.

& It is a great skin Nod
Ok Smile Maybe I'll leave the code there, so you would only have to uncomment it.

Topfs2 Wrote:Oh I just remembered one more thing, could you add more sorting options to TV Shows? It feels weird and not so intuitive to have just sort by name when your trying to watch your favourite show Big Grin
I don't have any control over that, it's xbmc's function Smile There are more sorting options though, at least for me. Check that you are focused on the main sorting button itself, not on the arrow, that's just for setting descending/ascending. I just checked in PM3, and it works the same as in Focus.
Thumbs Up 
this is a great skin i must say, 10/10, my only minor complaint which may not be the skin itself, but the "Please Wait" screens i get when going through some menus. But granted i just updated from a 2+ year old build of XBMC its probably just me Laugh
Thank you Smile I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about the wait message though, that's just the 'ol xbox struggling with modern day mediacenter usage Wink The wait message only appears when XBMC tells it to.
Speaking of the wait message...
Is it going to be changed in the next release?
It often overlaps something else causing it to be unreadable and almost unnoticeable.

• 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3