• 18(current)
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread
Yes, that will be changed in the next release. I prefer to have an animated gif but I shiver at the thought of actually having to make it Laugh
BTW, if anyone knows of a free font similar to the one used in the homescreen submenus, please let me know. I've been searching a long time for a suitable replacement. I really like the font so I'm looking for something as close as possible.
I've found some that are quite similar but in all cases the difference between uppercase and lowercase was too big, which I don't like. So a requirement would be minimal difference between upper and lowercase.
Plus, most of the candidates I found were free to use but not to distribute. Or OpenType fonts which don't seem to work with xbmc.

edit: hm, this seems to be my lucky day. I think I found my replacement.
Alpha 5 released. See first post for details. Please read through the announcement.
Cheers,
Jeroen
Thumbs Up 
THANKS! Big Grin Wink
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Thanks Jeroen!

Do I still change the poster size in file list view, in the same file/place as with alpha 4? Smile

/Martin
Thank you again,

I've tested new version of the skin and it's great.

I'm only sorry for the background cycling....

It could be nice to have an option to enable it... at least for home screen..

BTW thank you again!

Ciao

L.
I just had enough space left on google code to upload the new version. So the skin is downloadable with the XBMC-favorites installer.

Thanks again Jeroen! Great job.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Some minour bugs i noticed:

1. Although thumbnail view is enabled for music, it is not selectabel.

2. When no plot info in fanart view, for movies, is selected the genre still pops up.

Questions/Suggestions:

1. Thanks for the feature to turn off the virtual keyboard. Could you tell me which file if have to modify to change the position of the text input?

2. I really liked the "old" music information that used the whole screen, could you mabye make it an optional to the current one?

3. An icon when the sound is muted would also be great.

I have an CRT TV and I think the plot summary and OSD controls are just fine.

Thanks again for this great skin, i am using it every day.
Ayla Wrote:Do I still change the poster size in file list view, in the same file/place as with alpha 4? Smile
Yep, that should be in about the same spot Smile

lupick Wrote:I'm only sorry for the background cycling....
It could be nice to have an option to enable it... at least for home screen..
Yes, I'm considering doing something like that. Thanks

Bram77 Wrote:So the skin is downloadable with the XBMC-favorites installer.
Thanks Smile

Dimestore Wrote:Some minour bugs i noticed:
1. Although thumbnail view is enabled for music, it is not selectabel.
2. When no plot info in fanart view, for movies, is selected the genre still pops up.
I'll look into those, cheers.

Quote:Could you tell me which file if have to modify to change the position of the text input?
That would be dialogkeyboard.xml. Change the coordinates of the group control at the top. It's position is however also determined by the animation.

Quote:2. I really liked the "old" music information that used the whole screen, could you mabye make it an optional to the current one?
Yes I plan to do a more coverart centered layout at some point.

Quote:3. An icon when the sound is muted would also be great.
Agreed Smile

Quote:I have an CRT TV and I think the plot summary and OSD controls are just fine.
That's good to hear, thanks Smile
Thanks Jeroen,

Looking forward to test/use it
Dimestore Wrote:1. Although thumbnail view is enabled for music, it is not selectabel.

Dimestore, I wasn't able to reproduce number 2. Please note that thumbnail and icon view are the same, I just have some more renaming to do. Does this happen in any particular situation? (Like only when listing albums or artists for example)
I couldn't reproduce number 1 either, but I changed one little thing hoping that will solve it for you.
Could you redownload to see if that does the trick? I also threw in a mute icon, placement is probably temporary.
Cheers,
Jeroen
Jeroen,

When I click the Shutdown button on the home page, it always defaults to the "About box" or something like that.

Even if I press Down and select Shutdown, it doesn't remember it the next time.

Could that minor "bug" be fixed?

Thanks again Smile
Martin
The skin seems to be missing some files, can someone confirm this?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:The skin seems to be missing some files, can someone confirm this?

I can :o

I don't know what, but something definitely went wrong with the updating/upload.
Please redownload, download link in first post updated.
Sorry about that Sad

seems box.net doesn't like it when you update a zip with the same name as before.
What should be missing?

I have just tried the skin and everything seems fine.

Martin
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Focus (an XBMC Media Center skin) discussion thread3