Solved "Next" button disappeared after latest update
Hey community,

I have an issue with player after latest update.
I have a remote media folder setup as "series" source with local information only. Prior the update player had "next" button and switched to the next episode automatically.

After the update button and switching functionality disappeared. I've tried setuping folder as "series" based on external DB, but either my filenames are wrong (they are certainly wrong according to naming conventions) or smth else, however I was not able to get "Next" button back.

Is there any way to enable it as it was before, when folder is setup as "series" source with local DB only?

Thanks a lot.
Kodi by default has no "Next" button for playing the next video in a series AFAIK, so that must be coming from some add-on you've installed.
I don't recall installing any add-ons though, but I admit that could be the case.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I really doubt that's a problem where logs are needed but anyway will upload them.

To give you proper context, the button was located here next to Stop button (see screenshot).

I browsed the add-ons repository but didn't find anything useful for me. I'm thinking about reverting to previous version to check what add-ons were actually installed out of the box.
The problem here is that Im using Android TV and all of that is not that easy as it could be on a PC for example.

Thanks for the help.
Sounds like either Next Up or Up Next addon to me.
Could you check the setting 'Play next video automatically' in settings>player>videos ?
What is it set at?

This setting was changed somewhere along the Leia path I believe, so that you can set it per category. In your case, you would have to set it at least for series to get the desired results.

I am a heavy user of the play next auto' feature so I noticed the change pretty quickly. enabling 'uncategorized' fixed it for me and brought back the 'next' button in the OSD (using file manager).

Hope it helps.
(2019-01-29, 21:35)Hitcher Wrote: Sounds like either Next Up or Up Next addon to me.
I tried them, but that is not the thing im looking for.
At least it behaves differently.

I'm just wondering what could update change for me.
My mistake. As said above you need to enable 'Play next video automatically: Episodes' now.
(2019-01-29, 21:38)Atreyu Wrote: Could you check the setting 'Play next video automatically' in settings>player>videos ?
What is it set at?

This setting was changed somewhere along the Leia path I believe, so that you can set it per category. In your case, you would have to set it at least for series to get the desired results.

I am a heavy user of the play next auto' feature so I noticed the change pretty quickly. enabling 'uncategorized' fixed it for me (using file manager).

Hope it helps.

Perfect, that's what I was looking for.

I just missed that this menu had a sub-menu.

Thanks a lot.
Good. Enjoy Wink
Thread marked solved.
(2019-01-29, 22:13)Klojum Wrote: Thread marked solved.

In my opinion, this is not resolved.
I don't want to "Play next video AUTOMATICALLY" . - I want to have a "Next" button, in order to push it manually, without videos jumping to the next automatically.

So the only way to get this button, is to be forced to also play next video automatically? - Is this still true or did something change in the meanwhile?

ND.
(2021-09-12, 13:20)NullDevice Wrote:
(2019-01-29, 22:13)Klojum Wrote: Thread marked solved.
In my opinion, this is not resolved.
It solved the OP's problem.
(2021-09-12, 13:20)NullDevice Wrote: I don't want to "Play next video AUTOMATICALLY" . - I want to have a "Next" button, in order to push it manually, without videos jumping to the next automatically.
So you have a different problem.
(2021-09-12, 13:20)NullDevice Wrote: So the only way to get this button, is to be forced to also play next video automatically? - Is this still true or did something change in the meanwhile?
What you want is the Up Next addon.
The Next button is only shown if there's more than one item in the video playlist, so if it it's not shown that suggests there is no playlist of items in which case there's no next video to jump to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Next" button disappeared after latest update0