• 7(current)
Important Windows Store v18 update resets my settings
Ok sorry to disturb you all and I did not mean to be offensive at all.  Sorry I sounded like that,  Considering now That I merely spoke a opinion and did not mean any harm, I shall move on of which I think is a good idea.  I am truly sorry for upsetting you as I did not mean too, that was not my intention at all.

You may now cancel my registration here.  I am not needed and I am sorry.  I will move on now and say thank you But I guess KODI is not for me..
Please don't act like a snowflake, take it on the chin and move on.
Download the normal Kodi install file and you'll be fine.
https://kodi.tv/download
OK, just seen this...
Local Hard Drives are not available
A limitation of the UWP system. Local drives cannot be accessed. Use Solution 1 above
Kodi is only allowed permission to access the default Windows Videos, Music and Pictures library folders. 

None of the media in my library plays
If your movies, tv shows and music are on local hard drives they will no longer be accessible to Kodi. See previous comment.

My answer is to include your local drive media folder in a library.
So go to your other drive, right click on your chosen folder, drop down and select include in Video library.
Open Kodi and select select Windows Video Library as the path.
You should be able to see your chosen media.
More or less. hope that gives you some kind of path to follow.
Great news! - I did the Solution #1 fix and I think I'm back, everything appears to be working fine. Thanks #karellen for updating the post and adding the FAQ part, this made things very clear.

Now, since this is not a UWP program, I'm concerned about this same problem happening down the road. Is the Windows Store app going to try and do another auto update

What about disabling the Windows Store app - it's something I don't need. Anyone have success with this?
Kodi 18.0 on Windows 10 Home, version 1803. Intel NUC7 i5 BNKP, 16GB RAM.
The tone by some of the posters in this forurm isn't fair or reasonable.  Kodi is community developed and supported.  While issues like this are unfortunate, they can happen from time to time.

The UWP version is more limited and its fair to say if you want the full features of Kodi and full control of it, then dont use the UWP version. 

Remember you are the commnuty and if you care about Kodi, then if you can please test the betas and particularly the RC versions, reporting any issues

Please post your issues the usual way, but if you just want to compain and rant, bear in mind you can use any other media player you like, and nobody is forcing you to use Kodi

(2019-01-30, 17:06)Grumpy Wrote: Please don't act like a snowflake, take it on the chin and move on.
Download the normal Kodi install file and you'll be fine.
https://kodi.tv/download
Hello Grumpy,

I guess I really should not get involved with forums and I know why also.  I would appreciate very much if you could tell me who one of the head Mods are?  In all reality I have more important work to do and I should have known better.  I appreciate your time for answering me, thank you..
(2019-01-30, 17:24)citysoundman Wrote: Now, since this is not a UWP program, I'm concerned about this same problem happening down the road. Is the Windows Store app going to try and do another auto update

What about disabling the Windows Store app - it's something I don't need. Anyone have success with this?

This is something we're looking into at the moment, as obviously we don't want this recurring again and it's taken us a little from left-field.

It makes sense for Kodi to be in the UWP app store (so it can be used on XBox) but the case for using it that way on a normal desktop PC is much less clear-cut, given the restrictions involved.

If you're on UWP and have everything working then it should continue to work. Most of this has come about as the previous Krypton version in the store wasn't true UWP whereas the new Leia one is. But all future versions will be true UWP so there won't be any issues of losing settings etc (as the place where there stored won't change, as it did this time due to the switchover). The access restrictions aren't something we can do anything about, but for desktop machines it's probably better to go with the exe install version anyway, and update it using the updater add-on for simplicity.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-30, 17:43)ForestElf Wrote: Hello Grumpy,

I guess I really should not get involved with forums and I know why also.  I would appreciate very much if you could tell me who one of the head Mods are?  In all reality I have more important work to do and I should have known better.  I appreciate your time for answering me, thank you..

That would probably be me, @Klojum or @Karellen (in relation to this thread anyway). What do you need?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-30, 17:52)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 17:43)ForestElf Wrote: Hello Grumpy,

That would probably be me, @Klojum or @Karellen (in relation to this thread anyway). What do you need? 
Hello again Grumpy,

I would appreciate it very much if you would please close this account, as I will no longer use it, I thank you for your time,  Bye bye, Have a great day.
I'm not Grumpy (ok I am, but only in mood and temper) but I will do so. Normally we ask for such a request in this thread but I'll handle it here anyway.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-30, 18:04)ForestElf Wrote: Hello again Grumpy,

I would appreciate it very much if you would please close this account, as I will no longer use it,

Unfortunately, mr Grumpy doesn't have any moderator powers to close forum user accounts. You will have to make a request here.
(2019-01-30, 17:50)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 17:24)citysoundman Wrote: Now, since this is not a UWP program, I'm concerned about this same problem happening down the road. Is the Windows Store app going to try and do another auto update

This is something we're looking into at the moment, as obviously we don't want this recurring again and it's taken us a little from left-field. 
I checked my Settings in the Store app and saw that Auto-Update is On. I turned it Off immediately! Not sure, but I'm hoping this will prevent this from repeating.
Kodi 18.0 on Windows 10 Home, version 1803. Intel NUC7 i5 BNKP, 16GB RAM.
I tried following either step 1 or 2 and get a strange error, "The file can not be accessed by the system."
Kodi was working fine before the update. I checked file permissions and they're all OK. I google the error and find unrelated stuff to do with servers.
I used command line and unstoppable copier. I rebooted. I did a chkdsk, nothing lets me copy all the files from this folder. I get about 3400 out of 7000 files when using a copier program. Windows explorer copy simply aborts the copy immediately.
Does the store lock down app folders for security or something?

If I can I will switch away from the store version and back to the regular one.
(2019-01-30, 17:33)jools5000 Wrote: The UWP version is more limited and its fair to say if you want the full features of Kodi and full control of it, then dont use the UWP version. 

Remember you are the commnuty and if you care about Kodi, then if you can please test the betas and particularly the RC versions, reporting any issues

I agree with your points but how are we able to test with the UWP version? I don't think we can, or at least I don't know how...
Another one: I now have two Kodi entries in the Store: one is named "Kodi", the other "Kodi 18.0".

The first "Kodi" does not open, but also does not do anything when I click on open or uninstall. It just stays there with a broken generic app Symbol. Like a dead leftover that I cannot remove.
The second "Kodi 18.0" opens, but does not close when I click "Exit".

Any ideas?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Store v18 update resets my settings0