• 3(current)
Important Windows Store v18 update resets my settings
(2019-01-30, 02:19)flavict Wrote: @jjd-uk 

where is this SMB vfs addon in the repo?

have look under services and program...nothing

There should be a Virtual File System category
@jjd-uk 

no Virtual File System category
(2019-01-30, 02:20)jjd-uk Wrote: If you had 17.6 then this was not the UWP version of the app, that was simply an adjusted version of the normal desktop exe app for Store distribution. The genuine UWP app is new for v18 as it was needed to get Kodi onto Xbox.
 With all due respect, this may be true in terms of how it was "hacked" onto the Windows Store.  However, from an end-user perspective, we neither know this nor can we control the UWP update process.  This at least deserved a BIG warning during one of the various blog entries about v18 release, as well as some type of documented process for those who need to upgrade.  Are there any UWP users who were not completely broken by this release?
(2019-01-30, 02:32)robross0606 Wrote:
(2019-01-30, 02:20)jjd-uk Wrote: If you had 17.6 then this was not the UWP version of the app, that was simply an adjusted version of the normal desktop exe app for Store distribution. The genuine UWP app is new for v18 as it was needed to get Kodi onto Xbox.
 With all due respect, this may be true in terms of how it was "hacked" onto the Windows Store.  However, from an end-user perspective, we neither know this nor can we control the UWP update process.  This at least deserved a BIG warning during one of the various blog entries about v18 release, as well as some type of documented process for those who need to upgrade.  Are there any UWP users who were not completely broken by this release? 
Should we be removing the UWP application and migrating to the standard EXE version?  Can someone provide a simple process for how to do this and migrate all our settings, databases and caches?
@flavict Look under My Addons rather than repo, just remembered that I think it’s bundled into install but disabled by default.
(2019-01-30, 01:51)YaYaTurre Wrote: It worked! I copied all of the files from the Local Cache\Roaming\Kodi to the Local State folder, and everything is back to normal. All repositories and addons are restored.

Thanks so much!
Are you actually able to access any of your local data if you have any?  As far as I can tell, v18 has no access to any hard drive paths.
(2019-01-30, 02:29)flavict Wrote: no Virtual File System category
(2019-01-30, 02:32)robross0606 Wrote:

It could just be an error in understanding how the Store updates, it might have been assumed that the UWP version for v18 would not replace the desktop bridge created v17 version as appears to have happened. Please try and remember we are volunteers who do this in our free time and there are limited numbers if us, so perhaps something just slipped between the cracks.
(2019-01-30, 02:37)Klojum Wrote:
 Interesting. Looks like it might be different for different people - here's what I have. As you can see, the Virtual filesystems category isn't appearing for me.
I can also confirm that I have no "Virtual filesystems" category in UWP Add-Ons.

I think UWP is different to the other app versions and they are under My Addons as they are bundled since UWP can’t use the repo for binary addons.
(2019-01-30, 02:45)robross0606 Wrote:
I can also confirm that I have no "Virtual filesystems" category in UWP Add-Ons. 
Nor do I have "VideoPlayer InputStream" either.
Update... Now after adding SMB vfs, when I try to browse for media it locks up KODI solid.
I installed the SMB vfs as you suggested, but it still cannot see directories on my server. Is anybody working to fix this?
(2019-01-30, 02:45)jjd-uk Wrote:

I think UWP is different to the other app versions and they are under My Addons as they are bundled since UWP can’t use the repo for binary addons. 
Wow, is anyone else getting the feeling that there's ZERO benefit to using the UWP application?  Let's start talking about how we can migrate to the regular version.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Store v18 update resets my settings0