need help setting up tv show library
ok debug has been turned on.  And hopefully i've removed everything?.?.?

https://paste.kodi.tv/rucuyohowa

thanks again
@mmead1014

A quick look at your log shows you still have leftover banned add-ons remaining. If you open the log and look at between line 115 and 225, all the orange entries are banned. But they are difficult to remove and require actually deleting from the Userdata folder. They should be removed along with the tvaddons log uploader.

Investigating your issue, I see an attempt at scraping your library. There is a reference to a non-existent Simpsons folder, but nothing showing the scrape of the season episodes. I do see you playing S04E01, though.

Unfortunately the log reveals nothing.

Maybe we need an alternate approach to getting the info. As you need to provide another log anyway, instead of running an Update Library, can you...
1. Enable Debug mode (as previous)
2. Restart Kodi
3. Navigate to Videos>Files, highlight The Simpsons folder
4. Context Menu > Scan for New Items (I am assuming here that you have some episodes in the library already, and trying to add more)
5. Don't do anything else, just upload the log.

Failing that the next step will be to remove The Simpsons completely from the library, then perform steps 1-5 above except using Scan to Library in step 4. Up to you if you want to do that first up.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-16, 00:15)Karellen Wrote: @mmead1014

A quick look at your log shows you still have leftover banned add-ons remaining. If you open the log and look at between line 115 and 225, all the orange entries are banned. But they are difficult to remove and require actually deleting from the Userdata folder. They should be removed along with the tvaddons log uploader.

Investigating your issue, I see an attempt at scraping your library. There is a reference to a non-existent Simpsons folder, but nothing showing the scrape of the season episodes. I do see you playing S04E01, though.

Unfortunately the log reveals nothing.

Maybe we need an alternate approach to getting the info. As you need to provide another log anyway, instead of running an Update Library, can you...
1. Enable Debug mode (as previous)
2. Restart Kodi
3. Navigate to Videos>Files, highlight The Simpsons folder
4. Context Menu > Scan for New Items (I am assuming here that you have some episodes in the library already, and trying to add more)
5. Don't do anything else, just upload the log.

Failing that the next step will be to remove The Simpsons completely from the library, then perform steps 1-5 above except using Scan to Library in step 4. Up to you if you want to do that first up.
Ok thanks for the info.  How do i get to the user data folder? 

Yes i can try that.  If i cant get to it tonight I'll get it in the morning.  actually The two seasons of the Simpsons are the only TV shows I've got for now.
(2019-02-16, 02:47)mmead1014 Wrote: actually The two seasons of the Simpsons are the only TV shows I've got for now.
And are any of those in the library already? or are you trying to add The Simpsons as a new show into the library?

Either way, choose the most appropriate "Scan to" in the Context Menu
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-16, 02:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-02-16, 02:47)mmead1014 Wrote: actually The two seasons of the Simpsons are the only TV shows I've got for now.
And are any of those in the library already?
 No they arn't.  Actually i didn't have anything in my TV show library until i tried adding these Simpsons episodes.

At one point, one season scraped,  but not the other. in an attempt to fix it and get the second one to scrape the first season artwork lost connection to the files.  in an attempt to fix that, i cleared the previously scraped yet not working artwork, and now nothing works.
(2019-02-16, 00:15)Karellen Wrote: Failing that the next step will be to remove The Simpsons completely from the library, then perform steps 1-5 above except using Scan to Library in step 4. Up to you if you want to do that first up.
 OK so this is what happened.  I went thru the steps you suggested. Only i found that the tv folder content was never set to TV shows (excellent i thought) so i set it to tv shows and then scanned.  It thought, it scanned, it scraped (excellent it thought).  I went to the TV Show heading and there were scraped images of the Simpsons.  I have two seasons in the TV Show folder.  It only seems to have scraped season 4 episode 22 to episode 8 and nothing else.  and at that point i can't even navigate to the other seasons or episodes.

I then realized that i never turned the debug logger on...  I reset everything cleaned the tv show heading, and was able to navigate to the Simpson files and play them individually.  turned the logger back on and restarted. After restart it was right back to where it was this morning before i did anything.  i went thru all those steps i mentioned again, and got all the same results. i went to debug log to upload and was informed that the file was too big and would not up load...

dang i thought...
update.  i feel like im really close.  I added a third season and scanned.  It saw the episodes and added some of the to the unwatched list.  Now under the unwatched tv show category it has art for heading Simpsons.  it shows that there are 69 episodes which is correct. But the only shows i can watch is the small selection of unwatched videos lets say about 15 of the 69 are available to me. 

If i select the TV show heading to go and update the library instead of there being a list of shows like there is in the movies heading i've got 2".." nothing else.  and like i said i can't even navigate to the individual shows now.
@Karellen

Thanks for all the help.  I believe i'm fixed and working correctly now.  once i was able to clear everything out and reset the content folder and re scan everything it seems to be working great now.  My last issue was me being an idiot (probably this whole thing has been me being an idiot) and having the list set to "watched" not "all".  I appreciate all the help.

I'd still like to clear out all that banded junk.  Is the user data folder readily accessible?  Obviously i don't have much a clue but i'd like to learn.

Thanks again
Great to hear!!

A couple of tips...
1. Enable the setting 3.6 shown here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Library Sometimes if a scan goes wrong, the TV Show itself is scanned but not the episodes. With it disabled, you will never see it and end up going around in circles.
2. I can't stress enough how important it is to run an Export every so often. Especially when you have your library set up exactly as you want it. You would hate to lose all that work from some failed drive/hardware etc. See Import-export library (wiki)
3. Some of the links in My Signature below may be of use to you.
4. Don't be tempted to use Media Managers. While they do have a place in the Kodi ecosystem (home movies and other unscrapable items) I don't recommend using them for general scraping.

(2019-02-16, 23:04)mmead1014 Wrote: I'd still like to clear out all that banded junk.  Is the user data folder readily accessible? 
Easy on some platforms (Windows), not so easy on others. They are in the addons folder which is in the same location as the Userdata folder... Userdata#Location_of_the_userdata_folder (wiki)
My Signature
(2019-02-17, 00:28)Karellen Wrote: 2. I can't stress enough how important it is to run an Export every so often. Especially when you have your library set up exactly as you want it. You would hate to lose all that work from some failed drive/hardware etc. See [[Import-export librar
I was actually going to ask about this next, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help setting up tv show library0