Android Download Pending
Firstly, I am new on here and have never posted on any forum before so please excuse me if I have posted wrongly. I hope someone can help me as I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to things technical. Here goes...

I have a 3 year old android box with Kodi installed that has been severely playing up of late (slow and unresponsive). I thought I would delete/reinstall Kodi in the hope that it would fix the problem. Having deleted Kodi, I tried to reinstall it via the Google Play Store. All I kept getting was Download Pending. I browsed the internet for answers and tried everything it suggested (clearing cache, deleting account and then adding it again, etc) but with no joy. In a last desperate attempt to solve the problem I did a reset of the box. Once it had rebooted and it went to the homepage, I noticed that the Kodi App was there once again without me installing it. I realised this must mean it had Kodi pre-installed when I bought the box. The Download Pending problem had been cleared as I was now able to re-download my VPN App. I then clicked on the Kodi App to find that it had gone back to version 16.1. I went to the Play Store to update it but it did not give me that option, merely an Open or Uninstall. I clicked Open and again version 16.1 began. I thought I would Uninstall this 16.1 version and then download the Leia 18 version from the Play Store. As I clicked Uninstall it said App not installed from the Play Store, Continue? I duly Unistalled the Kodi 16.1 version but when I then tried to download the new Kodi Leia 18, it got stuck on Download Pending once again and it refuses to download. The only way for me to clear the Download Pending problem appears to be to do a reset. This would then take me back to version 16.1 and the whole problem starts again in a never ending loop. Can anyone help me with this remembering that I am a complete idiot with technology especially Kodi.

Best wishes, John
There are a few things to know.

- Kodi itself has no download options by default. If there are, they come from 3rd party add-ons.
- Whatever (if any) problems you have with a VPN, it's not our problem. On this forum there is a VPN policy (wiki), which you might want to read.
- A "3 year old android box with Kodi installed" usually comes with certain 'extras', which are not making us very happy. Perhaps you should read this article and find out why that is.
So, if I have read this right, I can't be given any help because you're upset that I use a VPN which must mean I am using Kodi to watch illegal football or films via 3rd party add ones?
Which version of Android does it run?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-31, 18:15)ThickAsAPlank Wrote: So, if I have read this right, I can't be given any help
No, Kodi does not require a VPN to function properly. So no attention or support will be given to it. But we all know what a VPN is used for, right?

(2019-01-31, 18:15)ThickAsAPlank Wrote: because you're upset that I use a VPN which must mean I am using Kodi to watch illegal football or films via 3rd party add ones?
Upset...? Please.
We are not telling what to do or not do with your device running Kodi, we simply choose to NOT give support to Kodi installations that are set up for illegal viewing via 3rd party add ones.
(2019-01-30, 02:14)ThickAsAPlank Wrote: Firstly, I am new on here and have never posted on any forum before so please excuse me if I have posted wrongly. I hope someone can help me as I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to things technical. Here goes...

I have a 3 year old android box with Kodi installed that has been severely playing up of late (slow and unresponsive). I thought I would delete/reinstall Kodi in the hope that it would fix the problem. Having deleted Kodi, I tried to reinstall it via the Google Play Store. All I kept getting was Download Pending. I browsed the internet for answers and tried everything it suggested (clearing cache, deleting account and then adding it again, etc) but with no joy. In a last desperate attempt to solve the problem I did a reset of the box. Once it had rebooted and it went to the homepage, I noticed that the Kodi App was there once again without me installing it. I realised this must mean it had Kodi pre-installed when I bought the box. The Download Pending problem had been cleared as I was now able to re-download my VPN App. I then clicked on the Kodi App to find that it had gone back to version 16.1. I went to the Play Store to update it but it did not give me that option, merely an Open or Uninstall. I clicked Open and again version 16.1 began. I thought I would Uninstall this 16.1 version and then download the Leia 18 version from the Play Store. As I clicked Uninstall it said App not installed from the Play Store, Continue? I duly Unistalled the Kodi 16.1 version but when I then tried to download the new Kodi Leia 18, it got stuck on Download Pending once again and it refuses to download. The only way for me to clear the Download Pending problem appears to be to do a reset. This would then take me back to version 16.1 and the whole problem starts again in a never ending loop. Can anyone help me with this remembering that I am a complete idiot with technology especially Kodi.

Best wishes, John
Hi, I have an Android TV as well. You go to settings and Google Play store to update your Kodi and whatever else is pending.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download Pending0