v18 UPNP not working in v18 Leia
Hi.
I've been using kodi for a long time. I shared my library from PC and i see my videos in my Android.
In v17.6 Android version there was a UPNP Devices under "Add Videos" but now it has changed to "Add network location ...". When i get into it and choose UPNP and then Browse, i don't see my PC library anymore. I've tried it on windows and it works but not on Android.
i have same setup and same problem.
i just installed to my pc kodi 18 and its working now Smile
I have the same problem, my Kodi server is running v17 on Windows 7.  My Kodi client is v18 on Android 5.1.1.  I re-enabled UPnP on Android but it won't see my v17 server.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
I had the same problem, it seems in V18 UPnP is turned off by default.  Go into settings and turn it back on...However, I am still having major issues with V18 not showing over half my movies/episodes.  I will have to go through it in more detail tonight and see if it is a setting I missed or an actual issue.
Got home, checked settings and the upgrade reset my default view options to unwatched instead of All Videos.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issues

Also you turn Upnp back on in settings under services.
I too have this same problem which is fine before the latest update. I've re-enable UPnP/DLNA but I still can't see my Media server
Upnp is the only method to watch media on your phone/tablet. I can NOT detect them now! Kodi 18 is a broken POS
Hi,

Just go in Settings, Services, UPnP/DLNA and check Enable UPnP support both on server and client. On server check Share my libraries
(2019-02-15, 21:10)isdancu Wrote: Hi,

Just go in Settings, Services, UPnP/DLNA and check Enable UPnP support both on server and client. On server check Share my libraries
 Did that on both client and server, still Kodi latest version on server (brand new Himedia Smart TV box on Android 5.1) does not recognise Kodi media server on PC (Windows 8.1) connected to home network through wifi. Tried everything else: sharing server library (music, the only part I'm interested in streaming), uninstall/reinstall client, and no results. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated after spending what seems hundreds of hours on the problem. Thanks
(2019-03-05, 10:56)Rogers29 Wrote:

Did that on both client and server, still Kodi latest version on server (brand new Himedia Smart TV box on Android 5.1) does not recognise Kodi media server on PC (Windows 8.1) connected to home network through wifi. Tried everything else: sharing server library (music, the only part I'm interested in streaming), uninstall/reinstall client, and no results. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated after spending what seems hundreds of hours on the problem. Thanks 
 Reset Himedia TV box to factory values (Kodi V.17 Krypton + Android 5.1 instead of 7.1) and finally Kody recognizes media servers on PC. Problem solved? Mayve Kodi 18.1 is the culprit, maybe it's Android 7.1, who knows?
It's still not working for me with 18.1.  It refuses to see my Kodi server which is running Windows.  And yes UPNP is enabled.  It was working perfectly until v18 came along.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
(2019-03-06, 11:16)Rogers29 Wrote:
(2019-03-05, 10:56)Rogers29 Wrote:

Reset Himedia TV box to factory values (Kodi V.17 Krypton + Android 5.1 instead of 7.1) and finally Kody recognizes media servers on PC. Problem solved? Mayve Kodi 18.1 is the culprit, maybe it's Android 7.1, who knows? 
 After resetting Himedia TV box to factory values and disabling automatic updates, it still updated to Android 7 and Kodi 18.1. So, returned the device and concluded that Kodi is not the best media server, far from it in my experience. I tried Emby as last resort and it recognized its equivalent server on my PC which was a progress. But my idea was to install Emby ON TOP of Kodi, which it didn't, it installed as an independent app. Anyway, I conclude that Android TV boxes are "work in progress" and will wait a few months for something good to turn up, i.e. that does not require hundreds of hours to get it to work as a media server in a home network.
I can confirm, this bug.
On Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet I am running Android 6.0.1
On my Galaxy S7 phone I am at 8.0.0.

After Leila update on Tablet I could not see upnp any more. I made sure I had all the settings corrected. Even updated the PC to latest, re-enabled settings - no luck.
Then I decided to install Kodi on my phone, enable upnp and it works straight away.

Went back to Krypton 17.6 via APK I found from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/ on my tablet. Bam! It worked straight away, so the only thing I can say is that new app is not working correctly.

For some reason SMB gives Unknown error on Leila and on Krypton it gives instantly timed out. For notes, this function worked before... I can connect to file shares through network with File managers no problem.
I'm seing the same problem with v18.1. The previous v17.6 was working fine.

I've installed v18.1 on two devices:

FireTV Stick 4K: New install of v18.1, enable UPnP in "Services", worked.

FireTV (Generation 1): Update from v17.6. Enabled UPnP in "Services", Source shows up in "Browse", but server (ServIIO) not found. Complete uninstall of v18.1, reinstall 18.1, enabled UPnP in "Settings", still server not found.

The difference between these devices: The new "Stick" is running Android v7.1.2. The "FireTV" is running Android v5.1.1. Maybe this has something to do with the defect?

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPNP not working in v18 Leia1