Kodi 18 and TOP 100 Albums
Anyone else discovered that Kodi 18 removes albums from TOP 100 most played albums.
I like this section in music library (Top 100 Albums and Top 100 Songs) and it worked fine in Kodi 17.1.
I installed Kodi 18 yesterday and then I saw that my top 3 albums is not included in TOP 100.
If I go to the year (2017) where my most played album is I can see that it has 50 plays but in TOP100 it is not included
and the most played album has 30 plays.
So something is wrong with TOP 100 Kodi 18.
I decided to uninstall Kodi 18 and reinstalled 17.1.
Would be nice if this is fixed in Kodi 18 because I like TOP 100.
Top 100 songs and albums is working fine for me,  and this part of the music library implementation has not changed since v16.

I am happy to help you with your issue, but you will need to give me more information. Most useful would be a copy of the MyMusic72.db file that v18 uses. Perhaps you still have that, otherwise you will need to reinstall v18 and run it again. You can do that and run in it portable mode so it does not interrupt your use of 17.1 (why use an out of date release such as 17.1, 17.6 is the one before 18.0?)

Anyway once you have MyMusic72.db put it on the cloud somewhere (Dropbox, google drive etc.) and post a link here. A forum mod will see it and hide it some that others don't have access
(2019-01-30, 18:49)DaveBlake Wrote: Top 100 songs and albums is working fine for me,  and this part of the music library implementation has not changed since v16.

I am happy to help you with your issue, but you will need to give me more information. Most useful would be a copy of the MyMusic72.db file that v18 uses. Perhaps you still have that, otherwise you will need to reinstall v18 and run it again. You can do that and run in it portable mode so it does not interrupt your use of 17.1 (why use an out of date release such as 17.1, 17.6 is the one before 18.0?)

Anyway once you have MyMusic72.db put it on the cloud somewhere (Dropbox, google drive etc.) and post a link here. A forum mod will see it and hide it some that others don't have access
Thanks for your reply. The reason I haven't installed 17.6 is because it usually happens something to either add-ins or something else when I upgrade.
I can see that some changes has been made to tables in the database and it causes some problems for me. But that's ok I can handle it.
17.1 is working good for me but was interested to see if something new was done to the music library function in Kodi.

Well something has at least changed in how the number of plays for an album is counted.
Don't know which version it was but it used to be that you hade to listen to every song on an album 10 times to get 10 plays for an album.
Then it was changed to an average of all the plays for every song which I like more and much better.
In Kodi 18 it is changed again (or maybe 17.6). In Kodi 18 the times played is round up.
For example my most played album has 49,82353 in average and in 17.1 it's 49 times played and in 18 it's 50. But that's ok.
The problem is that it doesn't show my 4 most played albums.

Actually while I'm typing this I found something interesting.
When I choose Top 100 it doesn't show my 4 most played (maybe more albums is not showing also) which has 50,44,31 and 30 plays.
It shows 4 top albums which has 28,25,24 and 23 plays.
If I then press ESC back to main menu and then choose music it shows my albums.
If I then choose Top 100 Albums again they disappear again.
Look at this video I made:
http://magnus.myftp.org/Kodi18/Kodi18.mp4

I can link to the database if you want also.
Tested some more and it seems that when I in the menu choose Top 100 Albums it doesn't show the correct list.
If I then choose an album so I can see all the songs and then goes back it shows the correct list also.
It's only when I choose menu option Top 100 Albums something is wrong.
How very strange. Please let me have a copy of your MyMusic72.db file and I will see if I can reproduce.
Here's the database:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(2019-01-31, 15:54)Depeche72 Wrote: Here's the database:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Seems that my link doesn't work.
I can't find where I can edit the post either.
Ok I try again.
I have renamed the file to MyMusic72.txt and activated file browsing.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have your db, and have edited out the link in posts to save you any unwanted server traffic.

I can reproduce the problem, which is always a good start. For some reason the sorting, done in internal to Kodi not in the db, is going wrong. More to my surprize the query I expected it to use (which deoes both sort and limit in the db) isn't being used at all.
(2019-01-31, 17:45)DaveBlake Wrote: I have your db, and have edited out the link in posts to save you any unwanted server traffic.

Ok great.
Thanks!
Thanks for spotting and reporting this. While I fix the sorting you could create yourself a folder type custom node for Top 100 that will work correctly (and actually be faster too). Smile

It is using the original (pre v15) way Kodi had to define the Top 100 album and songs node on the music lib screen. This has been superseded by filter type nodes that use same rules as smart playlists, which more flexible but any sorting and limits are applied in memory after all albums or songs have been fetched and so slower.

Create file Top100Folder.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="69" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>Top 100 Fix</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicRecentlyPlayed.png</icon>
  <path>musicdb://top100/</path>
</node>

If you have not created custom nodes (either manually or using an addon) before then you will need to copy the defaullt node layout (implemented as folders and xml files) from  <kodi installed folder>system/library/music  to userdata/library/music. Then add Top100Folder.xml to userdata/library/music. When running Kodi "Top 100 Fix" will appear on the music screen, and clicking on it leads to "Top 100 albums" and "Top 100 songs"

I can give more details if you need it.
(2019-01-31, 19:12)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks for spotting and reporting this. While I fix the sorting you could create yourself a folder type custom node for Top 100 that will work correctly (and actually be faster too). Smile

It is using the original (pre v15) way Kodi had to define the Top 100 album and songs node on the music lib screen. This has been superseded by filter type nodes that use same rules as smart playlists, which more flexible but any sorting and limits are applied in memory after all albums or songs have been fetched and so slower.

Create file Top100Folder.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="69" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>Top 100 Fix</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicRecentlyPlayed.png</icon>
  <path>musicdb://top100/</path>
</node>

If you have not created custom nodes (either manually or using an addon) before then you will need to copy the defaullt node layout (implemented as folders and xml files) from  <kodi installed folder>system/library/music  to userdata/library/music. Then add Top100Folder.xml to userdata/library/music. When running Kodi "Top 100 Fix" will appear on the music screen, and clicking on it leads to "Top 100 albums" and "Top 100 songs"

I can give more details if you need it. 
 Great...thanks for your help!
I will maybe reinstall Kodi 18 on my HTPC I have in my living room then.
I'm at the moment trying it on another computer just to see if anything else isn't working for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 and TOP 100 Albums0