v18 sftp add-on not working
Kodi just upgraded on my Android device to v18, breaking my sftp sources. I get the error "couldn't connect to network share."  After installing the SFTP add-on gives the same result.  Here's the debug log after the add-on has been enabled:

my debug log
Why won't any of the 'Team Kodi' clique respond to these complaints from users?  We've lost a key item of functionality for esoteric reasons, we're told to use a plug-in THAT DOES NOT WORK! 
Please provide a solution or FIX Kodi and put back the functionality 'Team Kodi' decided to BREAK!

Staying on Kodi 17 is not a fix.
You really think that derogatory and inflamatory tone is the best way to encourage our very limited Android dev resources to work on this?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Fix seems simple enough: Add TARGET_ANDROID there https://github.com/xbmc/vfs.sftp/blob/ma...n.cpp#L367
Not sure where .ssh goes on droid without it... @spiff ?
Has the ssh host key changed?
The .ssh folder is located in the same directory as the .kodi folder (on my phone /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.ssh). Delete the known_hosts file in that directory and try again.
(2019-03-27, 11:43)Rechi Wrote: Has the ssh host key changed?
The .ssh folder is located in the same directory as the .kodi folder (on my phone /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.ssh). Delete the known_hosts file in that directory and try again.

Kudos for this tip.
I was doubtful about making kodi work again through ssh/sftp, but just by simply deleting the known_host file it worked as a charm.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sftp add-on not working0