• 6(current)
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request
i'm gathering from re-reading this thread, no progress has been made in the effort to have xbmc play .dvr-ms files ? Sad

using programs that convert .dvr-ms files to .mpg?  you have to convert them before playing?  whats the point of that....? i have an mce box on my living room tv, and have a dedicated xbox in my bedroom, where at night, i browse my lan for video files to watch, stuff i've downloaded or whatever.. :pirate: .. i'd like to be able to browse the mce recorded tv dir and randomly select an already recorded show to watch while in my bed Smile  i don't want to convert it first  Rolleyes

is there somekind of on-the-fly server program we mce users can run on the mce box that would serve up the list to xmbc and auto-convert the .dvr-ms to a .mpg (or other xbmc friendly file type) as it streams to the xbmc? without the need of having both the .dvr-ms file and the .mpg on the mce box at the same time?
Sad 
@Toaster, no. now please read this => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=1921 which explains when (and how) xbmc can fully support .dvr-ms
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
autodvrconvert can auto convert dvr-ms files and delete the original dvr-ms file.
hey guys, i've pretty much setup xbmc the way i want it. it works perfectly. i've just got one problem and i was wondering if there was anyone who's figured it out. i have xbmc reading my media off a share on media [today's english lesson, our name is xboxmediacenter] pc, all my mp3's show up fine , as do my downloaded movies and pictures. the only thing that doesn't show up are the recorded tv files that media [today's english lesson, our name is xboxmediacenter] creates when it records tv shows. i've shared out the folder where it stores it and i can see it from xbmc. i can see any other file i put in that folder (.mp3, .mpg, .txt, .doc) but it will not detect any of the tv files. i know media [today's english lesson, our name is xboxmediacenter] encodes extra info in those files and it's a wierd format, is there something i'm missing?
(gtiseb @ aug. 31 2005,18:52 Wrote:hey guys, i've pretty much setup xbmc the way i want it. it works perfectly. i've just got one problem and i was wondering if there was anyone who's figured it out. i have xbmc reading my media off a share on media [today's english lesson, our name is xboxmediacenter] pc, all my mp3's show up fine , as do my downloaded movies and pictures. the only thing that doesn't show up are the recorded tv files that media [today's english lesson, our name is xboxmediacenter] creates when it records tv shows. i've shared out the folder where it stores it and i can see it from xbmc. i can see any other file i put in that folder (.mp3, .mpg, .txt, .doc) but it will not detect any of the tv files. i know media [today's english lesson, our name is xboxmediacenter] encodes extra info in those files and it's a wierd format, is there something i'm missing?
the moderator who edited the above post (inserting "today's english lesson...") seems to confuse "xbmc" with windows media center edition, which is very clearly what the poster was referring to.
hello,

i have a windows mce server that acts as my tivo.  i have shared the directory which my tv shows are recorded to and set up a link for them in xbmc, but the .dvr-ms files won't even show up.  

is xbmc compatible with those files?

is there any way to watch them using xbmc without buying an xbox extender kit?

thanks guys.
...nevermind. i just saw the post about autodvrconvert. sorry.
with orb i see that i can now record in .dvr-ms, this bypasses microsoft media player and makes it very easy to schedule and record programs from anywhere. now if only xbmc could play them without having to convert them.
if this was available it would allow me to stop building a second mce machine to put in the living room.

i was looking on the mplayer website and it says "dvr-ms support in asf demuxer" under the "ffmpeg/libavcodec" section of the change log for mplayer 1.0pre6 released on 12.23.2004.

i could be reading it wrong but doesn't that say the support is listed in the player since 12.23.2004?
i have mediacenter on my computer (the actual operating system)...

mediacenter records in a format of .dvr-ms, the files are very large (1.4 gb for 30 min) i have xbmc recognize the file type, i tried streaming it useing smb workgroup comp (or something like that) it started and then instantly messes up, i changed the cache size to see if that would help, then i thought it maybe to big to stream, so i put it on the xbox harddrive and still did the same thing.

i searched the site for dvr-ms but couldn't find anything... (it plays wmv files that are converted from the dvr-ms files but it is a pain in the @$$ to convert, the program used to convert crashed all the time)

thanks for any help
dvr-ms files are not supported.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
ok, that was simple enough Sad

just curious (those of you who have media center on comp and get dvr-ms files what do you use to convert them)?

thanks
does xbmc support dvr-ms files?

files from windows media center 2005

thanks
well.. somewhat.. it's possible to get them to play, but if i remember correctly it's not very well working.

do u know if people are working on it? or is there no interest in it?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request2