• 18(current)
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request
ok just found one small issue with my shows

If I skip back 30 seconds using SmallStepBack or using the 7 second step back, sometimes no audio plays and sometimes it gets out of sync. If I fast forward a bit or skip forward using SmallStepForward then it gets back in sync. One one of my shows, pressing back (which triggers the 7 second skip back) skipped forward for some reason but that only happened with one show. The other problem didn't happen with the other mplayer.dll, just for reference.
(ntsc analog cable)
Thanks for the work John. This is great! I am the guy that uses Meedio to record. I have seen no audio sync problems yet. My FF works better than ever. I still can't RW but I do not think I ever have been able to with any format. I am still on XBMC-CVS_2006-09-24-T3CH to fix the problems I had on the 2.0 final not FF or RW anything. The only thing I noticed is that if I use the skip back I loose audio sometimes but skiping forward restores the audio in sync. I am going to try it with the latest XBMC build this weekend to see if I still get good results. I plan to try a Beyond TV MPG files also but I hope I won't be needing BTV anymore with this fix. I didn't see any mention from anyone else about picture quality but my picture quality was great also. I thought I saw on one show pixalation but it was probably my network or my record quality.
John Donaghy Wrote:Even a few minutes would help though, because I can at least look inside the file to see how it might be different.

Another sample for you. I don't get any audio when playing this file with your latest mplayer.dll release.

Sample:
SD - PAL From Channel 10 - Australia.
Small - 59MB - ~1 Minute
http://users.on.net/~rardill/TEN%20Digit...523.dvr-ms
[quote=Macfox]Another sample for you. I don't get any audio when playing this file with your latest mplayer.dll release.

I got the sample thanks. The problem is that the audio codec is AC3 but it is marked it as MP2 in the file. I've seen this before (always on Australian samples for some reason) and I just submitted a patch for it to ffmpeg. I'm planning to work on an mplayer patch next so I should have it working in the next test dll I release here.

John
Hi all,

I found this thread while looking up the problem I'm having with DVR-MS files. Even with the latest mplayer.dll from this thread audio plays correctly but video seems to play at double speed. I know this issue has been mentioned before elsewhere but I've not been able to resolve it. It's pretty frustrating since I bought the Xbox for this purpose Sad and it's a ball-ache to convert it all to some other format for streaming.

I'm using a T3CH build of XBMC from late February.

Is there a known fix that I've missed?

Would a sample of my recorded TV from Media Center be helpful?

Thanks.
HairyHaggis Wrote:Hi all,

I'm using a T3CH build of XBMC from late February.

Is there a known fix that I've missed?

Would a sample of my recorded TV from Media Center be helpful?

Thanks.

If you're sure that you have the latest dll I posted and that it doesnt work for you then, yes, even a 20 second a sample would be very helpful.
Here you go...

http://www.oaktreephoto.co.uk/New Street..._48.dvr-ms

Thanks for your help.
HairyHaggis Wrote:Here you go...

http://www.oaktreephoto.co.uk/New Street..._48.dvr-ms

Thanks for your help.

This file played fine for me on my xbox. Are you sure you're using the latest mplayer.dll I posted?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P58WYF3I

(That guy looks like Harry PotterHuh)
Could someone tell me if it's also possible to watch a file of a recording in progress? And if not, will this ever be possible?

(just interested, I don't have a capture card yet, but I'm about to buy one, and looking at all the possibilities Smile)
prulleman Wrote:Could someone tell me if it's also possible to watch a file of a recording in progress? And if not, will this ever be possible?

Yep, just tried it then, works great.

I've noticed that my dvr-ms files now play with a constant 2ms video delay - as in, the audio comes slightly before the video and I have to change the audio delay in the settings. Although this isn't a major issue, and it does have a simple workaround, would you be able to look into this John?
Don_Karnia Wrote:Yep, just tried it then, works great.

I've noticed that my dvr-ms files now play with a constant 2ms video delay - as in, the audio comes slightly before the video and I have to change the audio delay in the settings. Although this isn't a major issue, and it does have a simple workaround, would you be able to look into this John?

Is this just when watching a recording in progress, or does it happen on all shows? If it occurs on all shows is it now behaving differently than before or did you just not notice it before? I'd need a sample demonstrating the problem in order to investigate further.
It seems to happen on all shows, I think I might have noticed it before but just thought I was imagining it. I'll start uploading a one-minute sample and hope my internet connection can handle it...
http://www.badongo.com/file/2540713
John Donaghy Wrote:This file played fine for me on my xbox. Are you sure you're using the latest mplayer.dll I posted?

Oops, my mistake Rolleyes

For some reason it seems I had an XBMC installation nested inside another and I had replaced a redundant copy of mplayer.dll.

I've removed the extra XBMC installation and replaced the correct mplayer.dll and all is fine.

Sorry about that and thanks for taking the time to help a numpty Huh
Don_Karnia Wrote:It seems to happen on all shows, I think I might have noticed it before but just thought I was imagining it. I'll start uploading a one-minute sample and hope my internet connection can handle it...

I agree there's a slight problem here but I'm not sure what the cause is. It also happens in the windows build of maplayer and I've a feeling it might have something to do with the av sync mechanism in mplayer itself rather than in the asf demuxer. I will try to investigate at some point after I get the code into accepted into the main source tree (windows and xbmc).

John
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request2