• 4(current)
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request
(dupfold @ feb. 20 2005,17:17 Wrote:xbmc really needs dvr-ms support now more than ever otherwise it will start to see a fall in users.
bah! how many xbmc-users here own a mce pc?, answer; not many (btw, those where retorical questions so please do not answer), eveyone think 'their' requests are most important :p

please read this entire thread from the beginning and realize that ffmpeg/mplayer cvs'es gets updated every day, (and they are working on dvr-ms), we just don't have the time nor the will to port every single update to own own xbmc cvs every day, what we instead try to do is update/port their whole code when mplayer release a point release (like 1.0-pre5 and 1.0-pre6), so if you want to have the very latest latest updates from ffmpeg/mplayer cvs'es in xbmc today (or any day) then you need to lean how to port the updated code over to xbmc source code and then compile it yourself, ...or you just have to have patience and wait for the next mplayer point release (1.0-pre7?) and then wait for the official xbmc devs to port it to xbmc cvs. ps! if you cannot code but still like to help, what you can do is test very latest ffmpeg and mplayer) on your windows pc then submit proper bug-reports and problem-samples to their developers, (ffmpeg/mplayer that is, and not team-xbmc as we are not codec developers).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
according to the 1.0pre6 history / changelog it _does_ now have support for

* dvr-ms support in asf demuxer

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?changelog=393
great!!!
now we just need to wait. Smile
wait for what?
just enable the alternative mplayer in my videos settings
thats is the pre6 mplayer
what build are you using? i have an up to date build and have enable the alternative mplayer in my videos settings, yet dvr-ms files are not being displayed and therefore cannot be played.
add "|.dvr-ms" to the end of <videoextensions> in xboxmediacenter.xml.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
added this and ohhhhhhh my, the video is now present but when i tried to play it, xbmc crashed harder than a 10 ton lorry after the brakes had become faulty while doing 90mph on the motorway in snowy conditions!
i never said it would work, only how to make that filetype appear in the file list Smile
cheeky! :lol:
any updates on this topic? has anyone been able to play the dvr-ms files in xbmc?
i haven't as yet
mplayer appears to support dvr-ms... does this mean the the latest build of xbmc will as well?

from the mplayer page:
"dvr-ms support in asf demuxer"
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html

cheers,

sparqy
i haven't uploaded the new 3/5 build to the box yet, so maybe it works now, but if not, add me to the list of people who really want this feature implemented.
i have tried to use the newest version(03/08), but it doesn't work.
seems we still need to wait... Sad
neither the 03/12 version works
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft DVR-MS video container support request2