Linux Unable to retrogame
Hey there,

Not sure why, but I am unable to game in the new Kodi 18.0 release.  Absolutely nothing happens when I click on the ROM files.  I installed the windows version on my windows install of the same device and it works perfectly without any configuration.  Is there something missing from the linux version that I have to install?
Are the emulators installed and activated?
Are the emulators present in linux ppa?
The emulators are not installed and I cannot find them in the repository to install them.  In windows the first ROM I clicked asked which emulators I wanted to install.  I installed snes9x and then all my ROMS play perfectly fine.  Linux doesn't ask anything when I click on a ROM file.  A notification shows up for a few seconds saying "working" but then nothing.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2814910
Ummm I looked at that post, I don't understand any of it.  LOL

I did try installing kodi-peripheral-joystick and then launched Kodi with the game pad attached.  Clicked a ROM and same thing...."working" for a few seconds and nothing.

I can control Kodi with the game pad tho so I know my game pad is working at least.
OK update:

I did get the kodi-games-libretro installed.  Went to addons and enabled it.  Restarted Kodi.  Using the gamepad I can navigate to games and click on a ROM but still nothing happens.
(2019-02-01, 00:00)adamleander Wrote: OK update:

I did get the kodi-games-libretro installed.  Went to addons and enabled it.  Restarted Kodi.  Using the gamepad I can navigate to games and click on a ROM but still nothing happens.
 as of right now, the only way to get the actual emulators is to manually compile and copy them in.  hopefully soon binaries will appear in the PPA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to retrogame0