v18 Android-Tv: play button not working during FF
My Android TV (Sony) just got hold of Kodi 18 - I have noticed that when fast-forwarding I'm no longer able to press the Play-button to stop FF and go into play-mode, I have to use "Reverse" to stop FF and getting it to Play.

I can use Play / Pause button during normal playback, so the keys are still working, any settings I need to tweek or ?
(2019-01-31, 18:10)LarsTM Wrote: My Android TV (Sony) just got hold of Kodi 18 - I have noticed that when fast-forwarding I'm no longer able to press the Play-button to stop FF and go into play-mode, I have to use "Reverse" to stop FF and getting it to Play.

I can use Play / Pause button during normal playback, so the keys are still working, any settings I need to tweek or ?
 Exact the same behaviour both on my Philips TV and H96Pro+ mediaplayer, also on RC5.2. I am using "pause" button to stop it because "play" is not working.
I am seeing the same behavior with my Harmony/Logitech 650 remote on my Sony XBR-55930D Android TV with latest Sony firmware v5.417.

I think it either has to do with the key mapping of the play button to enter/ok, or to the PlayerControl(command) Player builtin setting to something other than "Play". 

I will try to dump my keymap xml file to see what the above mappings are set to.

Finally, I played around with the Key Mapper add-on to no avail.  Other than "Play", which I set to the appropriate button on my remote, there was no PlayerControl(command) option in the add-on.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339882

Not saying disabling the joystick is hte best solution but it worked for me.
Tried disabling joystick driver to "none", didn't work. This really is annoying, as we use fast forward then play all the time. Wifey is not happy. Dog bites me.

What to do?
I also tried disabling the joystick and restarting Kodi to no avail.

I then looked for the keymap.xml file per https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap and was unable to find it.  I did find a keymap directory which only had a "gen.xml" file...containing a remote button mapping which I had set using the KeyMapper add-on.

So I enabled logging and recreated the problem.  Log file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjb9trnb1kz0ou1/kodi.log?dl=0

The issue starts at the timestamp 14:22:38.867 .

I will look into opening a formal bug report next.
Bug report submitted here: 15395 (GH issue)
I found a workaround. While fast-forwarding, hit pause then play. Works for now.

Thanks for submitting bug report.

Cheers!
(2019-02-02, 16:56)ClintE1956 Wrote: I found a workaround. While fast-forwarding, hit pause then play. Works for now.

Thanks for submitting bug report.

Cheers!
You are not reading. I wrote this workaround 2 days ago in 2nd post above.
Same problem for me as well with my sony xbr-49x800D:

340190 (thread)

Updated from 17.xx to 19 on my sony xbr-49x800D. Previously when I would fast forward a video file whether it was 2x or 16x and then hit play it would stop fast forwarding and begin to play at normal speeds after a few seconds. Now with Kodi v19 when I fast forward no matter if it is 2x or 8x or 16x etc. and then go to hit play it keeps on fast forwarding and will not stop and play at normal speed. Only when I go from fast forwarding to PAUSE and then hit Play does the video file begin to play at normal speed. Is this just me or is it a bug? TIA.

Team-Kodi Member responded and suggested it may be a problem with my set but if we all are having the same problem then that seems less likely : )
I have the same issue on Sony TV though I also lose sound after getting the file to play again - when I fast forward and press pause and play there's no sound, I have to rewind x2 pause and play to get sound
(2019-02-04, 15:04)Furith Wrote: I have the same issue on Sony TV though I also lose sound after getting the file to play again - when I fast forward and press pause and play there's no sound, I have to rewind x2 pause and play to get sound
 >when I fast forward and press pause and play there's no sound

Have you tried being patient for say 5 seconds or maybe even a few more to see if the sound kicks in? I also have this problem with ver 18 but I also had it with the previous version and after a short wait the sound would always "catch" up.
Thanks, it can take up to 10 secs for the sound to kick back in. I guess when I didn't have that issue before when ff I didn't think to leave it play a while.
Just wanted to say that I'm also experiencing this exact same problem after the update to v18. It also effects rewinding as well as fast forward.

In my case it's on a Sony Android TV model KDL-50W805C. Looks like Sony is a common factor?

I've tried remapping the keys in every way I can possibly think of but it makes no difference, the action of the remote's "Play" button is unaffected.

I turned on debugging and looked at the logs. I can see the button presses being logged up until it starts VideoFullScreen.xml. Then no more button presses are logged until you exit back to the menu.

BTW I've also noticed the delay in resumption of audio, although that's not too much of a concern. The delay seems to be randomly between 0 and a few seconds.
(2019-01-31, 18:10)LarsTM Wrote: My Android TV (Sony) just got hold of Kodi 18 - I have noticed that when fast-forwarding I'm no longer able to press the Play-button to stop FF and go into play-mode, I have to use "Reverse" to stop FF and getting it to Play.

I posted below and Team-Kodi Member responded and "suggested it may be a problem with my set" but if we all are having the same problem then that seems less likely : ) So I am curious if anyone has yet to receive word back confirming that this is indeed a "bug." The work around is certainly not a deal breaker particularly for those of us who are used to pressing buttons without looking (I watch television in a cave! TIA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android-Tv: play button not working during FF0