• 37(current)
Release discovery+ add-on
(2022-04-27, 17:41)Kib Wrote: Update: inputstream.adaptive version 19.0.4.1 is now available for LibreElec 10 and I can confirm it resolves the crashing issues in several Discovery+ episodes

@kevwag you might want to check when CoreElec will include updated binary addons or switch to LibreElec (which regularly updates those separately from the main releases)

Unfortunately switching to LibreElec isn't an option. CoreELEC is specifically designed for Amlogic boxes and last time I checked the LibreElec site they had withdrawn their Amlogic build as it was so unstable. 

I fixed the problem anyway by going over to CoreELEC 20 Nexus nightly builds. It's kinda created another one though as Kodi Nexus currently has major bugs with passthrough audio on anything other than AC3 (Dolby Digital). DD+, DTS, DTS HD and the other options all just output screeching noise so I have to disable them and transcode to standard Dolby Digital. Hopefully they'll fix that before it becomes a stable release.
Newest 19.0.4.1 indeed solves the issues.
New login method is much more convenient, thanks!
(2022-04-09, 22:20)-Dis Wrote: Thanks for all comments Smile I will keep all current methods to login and add code method to new default.

I think I need an idiots guide on how to set this up, as I seem to be in idiot mode today.

My credit card expired today, and I had a brain fart and couldn't remember my password (idiot mode), plus it wasn't in LastPass (idiot mode). Changed the password, and thought it would be a good reason to change to using the new PIN method.
So..

1> Changed mode to not use the cookies method, and the PIN box appears.
2> Went into the PIN option, expecting to see a PIN I could then use on https://auth.discoveryplus.com/link 
3> Just gave me an edit box, so I thought I'd create my own PIN (Idiot mode). So, abcd12344> Went to the link, and nada.
Quote:Something went wrong. Please try again.
5> Tried various combinations, and nothing is happy.

I've reset my box (OSMC on a Pi) a couple of times with the PIN option selected, but that made no difference.

There's obviously something that I'm missing, and I've read the front page post several times, and it says 
Quote:If cookies aren't set add-on will show you PIN code
But I'm not seeing a PIN code being generated. Running latest plugin version (1.6.21+matrix).

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

G
(2022-05-07, 22:43)gmitch64 Wrote: There's obviously something that I'm missing, and I've read the front page post several times, and it says 
But I'm not seeing a PIN code being generated. Running latest plugin version (1.6.21+matrix).

Guide is little bit outdated. After disabling cookies.txt open add-on and click Login after that you will see PIN code which you enter to discoveryplus.com/link. After that add-on will automatically login.
Just a quick heads-up regarding InputStream Adaptive and stream quality...
The latest nightly build of Kodi Nexus has a new version of InputStream Adaptive and it is likely this new version will appear in new versions of Matrix too (if it hasn't already).
The new version has a lot more settings than previous versions and in their infinite wisdom, the devs have set it to default to playing the lowest quality stream it can find. This will result in most video playing in below SD quality.
You'll need to change the settings in InputStream Adaptive to manually select the video stream in the OSD and then use the OSD video settings (with a video playing) to select your desired stream quality.
Hopefully they'll set more sensible defaults in future but for now, that's what you'll need to do if you suddenly find you've lost video quality.
(2022-05-08, 09:09)-Dis Wrote:
(2022-05-07, 22:43)gmitch64 Wrote: There's obviously something that I'm missing, and I've read the front page post several times, and it says 

Guide is little bit outdated. After disabling cookies.txt open add-on and click Login after that you will see PIN code which you enter to discoveryplus.com/link. After that add-on will automatically login.

I was expecting to see something like that, but I'm not. When I disable the cookies, I get this screen when in the add-on. I get the same screen when I quit the add-on and go back in. And also after I reboot and go back in.

No option for logon. Just an entry box that says cookie. I can enter anything I like in there, which obviously doesn't work.
What am I missing?

G
OK. Finally managed to work out how to include a picture.

(2022-05-08, 18:57)gmitch64 Wrote: OK. Finally managed to work out how to include a picture.

You are in add-on settings. Just launch add-on and you will see option to login.

Edit. "Cookie" setting is for reason if you want to use cookie from your browser. Just leave it empty.
(2022-05-08, 19:11)-Dis Wrote:
(2022-05-08, 18:57)gmitch64 Wrote:  
You are in add-on settings. Just launch add-on and you will see option to login.

Edit. "Cookie" setting is for reason if you want to use cookie from your browser. Just leave it empty.
Yup, that did it. Thanks. I was expecting to see the PIN number in the settings screen.

A couple of things.
  1. Any reason not to have the login/PIN option on the settings screen?
  2. Maybe have an additional selector? So say one to enable cookies, then when they're enabled, one to enable cookies.txt file, and only show the cookie box as editable if the cookies.txt selector is disabled
  3. Update the notes on the initial posting so idiots like me don't ask silly questions Smile

I'm going to go and update the Kodi instance in the livingroom later this afternoon, and probably do the one in the basement tomorrow (is there a limit on D+ as to how many devices can be set up?)

Thanks for your help.

G
(2022-05-08, 20:15)gmitch64 Wrote: Any reason not to have the login/PIN option on the settings screen?
No reason. It just didn't go to my mind add it there. Good suggestion. I will do it to next version.
Edit. I can't get it done as easily as I think.

(2022-05-08, 20:15)gmitch64 Wrote: I'm going to go and update the Kodi instance in the livingroom later this afternoon, and probably do the one in the basement tomorrow (is there a limit on D+ as to how many devices can be set up?)
Check D+ website help pages. I would remember max 5 devices.
(2022-05-08, 20:15)gmitch64 Wrote:
(2022-05-08, 19:11)-Dis Wrote:
(2022-05-08, 18:57)gmitch64 Wrote:  

Yup, that did it. Thanks. I was expecting to see the PIN number in the settings screen.

A couple of things.
  2. Maybe have an additional selector? So say one to enable cookies, then when they're enabled, one to enable cookies.txt file, and only show the cookie box as editable if the cookies.txt selector is disabled
  3. Update the notes on the initial posting so idiots like me don't ask silly questions Smile

I'm going to go and update the Kodi instance in the livingroom later this afternoon, and probably do the one in the basement tomorrow (is there a limit on D+ as to how many devices can be set up?)

Thanks for your help.

G

It might be different from region to region but I'm in the UK and currently have 8 devices listed on my account page. The limit is on the number of instances using the service at any given time, which I believe is 4. You can have up to 5 named profiles but obviously only 4 of them can be active at a time.
(2022-05-09, 17:17)kevwag Wrote:
(2022-05-08, 20:15)gmitch64 Wrote:
(2022-05-08, 19:11)-Dis Wrote: You are in add-on settings. Just launch add-on and you will see option to login.

A couple of things.

Thanks for your help.

G

It might be different from region to region but I'm in the UK and currently have 8 devices listed on my account page. The limit is on the number of instances using the service at any given time, which I believe is 4. You can have up to 5 named profiles but obviously only 4 of them can be active at a time.

I'm in the US. It's kinda weird looking. I checked the online help, and it says 4 devices. I went in to my account and checked, and it says 5 devices. I've currently got 5 devices at the moment, 3 of which are PCs, so I'll probably kick them off and let them take a slot later if need be (I don't think they will, as I've just used them in the past to get the cookies.txt file). I've still got to upgrade the OSMC instance in the basement, but my wife is busy with college work at the moment, so doesn't have much time to do any crafting, so I have a bit of time to get it done.

G
(2022-05-09, 17:43)gmitch64 Wrote:
(2022-05-09, 17:17)kevwag Wrote:
(2022-05-08, 20:15)gmitch64 Wrote: Yup, that did it. Thanks. I was expecting to see the PIN number in the settings screen.

A couple of things.

Thanks for your help.

G

I'm in the US. It's kinda weird looking. I checked the online help, and it says 4 devices. I went in to my account and checked, and it says 5 devices. I've currently got 5 devices at the moment, 3 of which are PCs, so I'll probably kick them off and let them take a slot later if need be (I don't think they will, as I've just used them in the past to get the cookies.txt file). I've still got to upgrade the OSMC instance in the basement, but my wife is busy with college work at the moment, so doesn't have much time to do any crafting, so I have a bit of time to get it done.

G

I wouldn't bother deleting any until such time that you can't add any more and your hand is forced.
Yes, the UK site also stated a maximum of 4 devices last time I checked but that was last year and the whole discovery+ system architecture has completely changed since then; they dropped the regional domains and put everything on the .com domain, they added profiles and have also sent out emails on at least two occasions notifying about changes to the T&Cs that no-one with a life worth living ever bothers to read anyway!

I think it's fair to say that Discovery+ webmasters are not very thorough when it comes to site maintenance so it's likely that they have simply overlooked the help pages. One thing I can say with certainty is that I currently have double the stated device limit and none of them have been denied access in any way.

In case you're worried that they could covertly charge you extra for having exceeded their stated device limits - don't be worried about that. They cannot legally do that without informing you and asking consent. Contractually, you have only agreed to a monthly or annual amount for your subscription and nowhere on the subscription page does it mention any additional or supplementary charges that could be imposed without your knowledge or consent.
I know that laws differ from country to country but not substantially enough that a company could act in a way that differs from the terms laid out on the subscription page. Financial terms have to be clearly stated and are not allowed to be hidden in small-print.
Hey Dis,
Having problems with subtitles again....
This is what's happening on the live channel streams, I haven't tried the on-demand yet:
Update: On-demand streams work fine. Only the IPTV channels are affected.

With DRM on there are no subtitles at all.
With DRM off the subtitles appear but they don't work properly;

The first caption appears correctly but it does not clear, it just stays on-screen and then the next few captions immediately (not timed to the actual dialogue - all at once) stack on top of it until the screen is filled. At that point, the text all just freezes and stays on screen until you turn them off or stop the stream.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the new version of InputStream Adaptive but If I watch a Live (IPTV) stream from Pluto TV or Samsung TV+, the subtitles work properly so the problem seems to be unique to Discovery+.

I haven't had time to remote into the box for the log file yet but let me know if you need it and I'll post the info asap.
They are probably using different subtitle format for TV channels. Here in Finland d+ TV channels have subtitles burned in video so I can't reproduce problem.

Can you make bug report to https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adaptive
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
discovery+ add-on1