No movie info when using "Wrap" view.
Hi , when scrolling in "Wrap" view , I have no "synopsis" on screen ( please see pic ) , obviously i van press "i" and see the video info but I was hoping to see it whilst scrolling ? is that possible maybe with extended info or another add-on ?
@ontap,

Sorry sport this view has not included a synopsis as the aim was to keep as much of the fanart showing as possible.  The lack of synopsis is not controlled by an addon, but by the skin itself.  Having said that, the three of us that are still using the skin probably would not have a problem with covering some of the fanart, so I will add a synopsis to this view.  Keep an eye out for when skin makes the main repo in the next week or so.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Top man thanks.
Just related to the above subject , 
Another option ( which may well be impossible , I have been trawling through the skin Xml's to day looking for info) , in "WRAP" view when you highlight a movie poster then click on it , the action is set to play the title.
Another neat option ( just my opinion of course) , would be for the action to be changed so that clicking on the selection opens the "information" screen as in the pic below which is your skin , this then gives the user the not only the synopsis , but also the option to play the selection or the trailer or see more related info ? all from the same screen ? 
I was looking at a pal's Apple TV , where he was using the "infuse" app and that is the default action on movies and tv shows , very smooth and user friendly way of accessing a movie I think ? 
Duh , my bad , was a simple matter of going into  "settings-media-videos" and changing default action to "show info" ,so ignore my original request in post 1 WRYM , I now have the info tx.
Yep, thought that was the case but was not near to my Kodi setup to confirm before you figured it out.

Just for personal interest, grey screenshot above is my skin and not an AppleTV? If my skin, I see you are not seeing suggested movies. Do you mind giving me a few details on your system as I am trying to track down simular issues from my end.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

OK will do , will be tonite when back from the match.
Leia18 , this is on an iMac.
Having never used "log file" before , in the instructions , the section below  concerns me , Will kodi only fail to start this one time ? or will my set up be compromised ?
Also , I have "play trailers" add-on loaded from the official kodi repo and enabled, but when pressing >  in the "show info" screen the highlight jumps from "play" to cast , ignoring the "trailer" icon ? , which remains greyed out.Image
(2019-02-02, 21:28)ontap Wrote: Having never used "log file" before , in the instructions , the section below  concerns me , Will kodi only fail to start this one time ? or will my set up be compromised ?
Don't be concerned. Enabling and disabling the Log has no impact on Kodi. All it does is logs extra details. If your Kodi starts, then Kodi will continue to start. That section is for those whose Kodi crashes on startup.

Maybe you should use the Basic method in the second post of that thread, not the first post which is where you quoted that section.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Basic method :  Ran "upload debug log file" it created a url and a bar code , i pasted the url in a browser to have a look but when opened it appears to be empty , so tried running "upload debug log file" again and it now says "error posting the kodi. log file , this file is too large . Max size is 1mb"
You can locate your log in the Userdata (wiki) folder and upload it to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ as they allow larger logs. The log file is named kodi.log

Make sure you restart Kodi once you enable the debug mode as it clears out all the old entries and reduces the size of the log. But remember to capture the problem in the running log. Once you do that, Exit kodi and then find the log. Don't restart Kodi but if you do the log you want will be moved to kodi.old.log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks but am giving up on this , I don't have an actual " problem" to log , was just trying to upload a log of my "set up " for OP.
Anyway turned off "enable debug" restarted kodi , turned on enable "debug",opened "movies" started a movie, stopped it , restarted kodi, turned on "upload log", message "unable to upload log , file is too big".
(2019-02-03, 12:15)ontap Wrote: Thanks but am giving up on this , I don't have an actual " problem" to log , was just trying to upload a log of my "set up " for OP.
Anyway turned off "enable debug" restarted kodi , turned on enable "debug",opened "movies" started a movie, stopped it , restarted kodi, turned on "upload log", message "unable to upload log , file is too big".
 @ontap,

sounds like something else is generating log spam, file should not be that big.  Does not matter will see what is going on from my end.  On your trailer issue : if there is no trailer found skin is setup to skip over button, this is normal behaviour. Now as to if it should be like this, I am tending to think I should not even show the button. This is a very old part of the skin that has not been looked at for a number of versions, so maybe it is due some love.

Will have a think about best way to proceed.
Wyrm

Regarding your question above, I added "artwork beef " and ran it and the "recommended movies now show at the bottom of the screen in that "show info" view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No movie info when using "Wrap" view.0