Photo parsing limit
Brick 
When I want to display photos in random order (all my family photos from many years)

Kodi starts parsing the harddrive, then craps out.

What the maximum number of files it can parse for random slideshow?

It works well when I choose a smaller sub directory.
Moved to pictures forum.

It might help if you provide a Debug Log which captures when Kodi "craps out'
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
When I figure out how to read the log file

The devicesim using is Brand new,

The GUI is buggy, the only wy is to adb
(2019-02-02, 07:53)EventPhotoMan Wrote: When I figure out how to read the log file
You can also let us figuring that out. Smile
Omg, my new kwilt device, it not that easy to retrieve the log file. I currently have to use ADB to install. Copying file requires ADB also.

So it’s not the easiest with the Kwilt.

I wish there was an easier way.

Can you remotely connect to this device if the port is forwarded?

To much of a learning curve for me.

Most of my devices are windows 10.

What about a FTP into the device?
Install the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) and use it to upload the log, and provide the address to the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is there any way to limit the videos to 30 sec then move on?

In a slide show I don’t want my whole family video to play, just a clip, them move on.

Also is there a way to have an overlay show the date the picture was taken? During a slip show.
(2019-02-03, 22:19)EventPhotoMan Wrote: Is there any way to limit the videos to 30 sec then move on?
There is no such functionality in Kodi at this time.

Did you see the post before you by Karellen about the Logfile Uploader add-on?
So I tried starting a slide show again today.

It crashed again. And the Kodi app needs to be started again. That needs the log file is started over. Any suggestions on reading the older log file?
go the the addon settings of the kodi logfile uploader and tick the option to post the old logfile.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-02-03, 03:16)Karellen Wrote: Install the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) and use it to upload the log, and provide the address to the log.
Done Thank you very much!
But the Kodi app crashed again tonight.
So Re starting starts anew log I believe.
How can I forward the old log?
(2019-02-05, 05:26)EventPhotoMan Wrote: How can I forward the old log?
ronie explained that in the previous post. Enable that setting in the add-on settings for that add-on. Then upload the first log, then you will be asked to upload the 'Old log". Answer yes, and provide the address here.
My Signature
Thank you very much!

Can anyone explain what Kodi does when I select a slide in random sequence?

How long should it take to parse 113k photos and videos before is begins to display them?
Somehow I got Kodi to update my library.

This is going to take forever. Five minutes in and it’s still at 0 percent.

What I’m seeing thou....

With windows 10, subdirectories that begins with a “.” Are hidden and not parsed.

Why does Kodi parse it?
(2019-02-07, 05:43)EventPhotoMan Wrote: Somehow I got Kodi to update my library.

This is going to take forever. Five minutes in and it’s still at 0 percent.

What I’m seeing thou....

With windows 10, subdirectories that begins with a “.” Are hidden and not parsed.

Why does Kodi parse it?

I found the option to exempt the sub-directory from the parse, adding to library.

To go through all my media, this will take me forever. There must be a way to automatically not include file beginning with “.”

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photo parsing limit0