Photo parsing limit
(2019-02-14, 02:20)Karellen Wrote: @EventPhotoMan

Thanks for the log. It definitely shows something is wrong. Unfortunately I am out of my depth here.

The log is just filled with Announcement Spam - approx 184,000 lines of spam. That is why your log is so big. It is the following repeated.
xml:
21:19:35.503 T:6054 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnClear from xbmc
21:19:35.503 T:6054 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnClear

This is something for the developers to look at. Hopefully @spiff or others can look at it.

Sorry there is nothing else I can do here.

It might also help if you provide some statistics on your Pictures library.

How many folders
How many images
What format are the images

Here is another log with EXIF turned off.
The same thing happens. Crash.
http://atc.lovethosetrains.com/kodi.old3.log
I still think it has something to do with the number of photos. Of a slideshow just one years worth of pictures, all works well. But if I try all 19 years worth, no slideshow.
(2019-02-15, 01:36)EventPhotoMan Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 02:20)Karellen Wrote: @EventPhotoMan

Thanks for the log. It definitely shows something is wrong. Unfortunately I am out of my depth here.

The log is just filled with Announcement Spam - approx 184,000 lines of spam. That is why your log is so big. It is the following repeated.
xml:
21:19:35.503 T:6054 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnClear from xbmc
21:19:35.503 T:6054 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 2, from xbmc, message OnClear

This is something for the developers to look at. Hopefully @spiff or others can look at it.

When will @spiff be back?
So I just uninstalled kodi 18.0
Installed kodi 18.1

I get the same crash results.

http://atc.lovethosetrains.com/kodi18-1a.log
http://atc.lovethosetrains.com/kodi18-1b.log
http://atc.lovethosetrains.com/kodi18-1c.log

Any more suggestion on what to do? @spiff
Just to add every time I, click on recursive ,
The additional information top left corner of the screen stops (debug info )
I last looked at this on Windows 32 bit builds a few years ago.  I could only get about 10,000 pictures before Kodi crashed. The problem was Kodi exhausted all process virtual memory address apace (4 Gb on 32 bit).

Pictures are not stored in any library, unless you use the pictures database addon.

I would turn off "create thumbnails" for pictures.  I'm not sure it adds any benefit, except when browsing and even then you can rebuild thumbnails just for a single folder.  Also turning off reading exif should help.  I haven't tried to do a full-on stress test of picture slideshow in Kodi 18 64 bits.

I would probably partition the pictures into several different folders, and add each folder separately as a picture source.  That way you aren't clobbering Kodi when you try to run a slideshow.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2019-02-22, 06:21)scott967 Wrote: I last looked at this on Windows 32 bit builds a few years ago.  I could only get about 10,000 pictures before Kodi crashed. The problem was Kodi exhausted all process virtual memory address apace (4 Gb on 32 bit).

Pictures are not stored in any library, unless you use the pictures database addon.

I would turn off "create thumbnails" for pictures.  I'm not sure it adds any benefit, except when browsing and even then you can rebuild thumbnails just for a single folder.  Also turning off reading exif should help.  I haven't tried to do a full-on stress test of picture slideshow in Kodi 18 64 bits.

I would probably partition the pictures into several different folders, and add each folder separately as a picture source.  That way you aren't clobbering Kodi when you try to run a slideshow.

scott s.

Interesting, I do have them in folders for each year and sub folders for date taken.

Change in the exif data doesn’t do anything different.

I haven’t thought of adding each year in as a picture source. Cody seems to be a little bit confusing when it comes to why you need sources for pictures call mom as compared to one source and then starting a slideshow from within the source sub folder
Where can I find the source code?
Is each platform written in a different language?

I’m going to trying to take the issues myself.

To bad there is no inturupter, so you don’t have to recompile the Kodi.
Have a look at the 3rd text button at the top of the web page.
(2019-04-21, 22:59)Klojum Wrote: Have a look at the 3rd text button at the top of the web page.

I’m sorry you’ll have to be more specific than that, I’m using an iPhone to read the messages with
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is an iPhone not capable of displaying websites in landscape mode?
Rotating the screen on an Android phone shows all the text buttons. Smile
(2019-04-23, 04:49)Klojum Wrote: Is an iPhone not capable of displaying websites in landscape mode?
Rotating the screen on an Android phone shows all the text buttons. Smile
Why is it that most answers by Kodi member sare so... how do we say, sinicle. Not sure if that is the right word.

I’m sorry I’m not a smart as I could be. I’m only trying my best. And sometimes my wife has to point it out to me even thou the milk is right in front of me.

This git procedure seems like a lot of paper work to get thing done.
(2019-04-24, 02:17)EventPhotoMan Wrote: Why is it that most answers by Kodi member sare so... how do we say, sinicle. Not sure if that is the right word.

I think you're seeing things that aren't there.
We're trying to help. We also don't always know what the user's level of expertise or experience is.
Text-only messaging via forums or otherwise is limited in that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Photo parsing limit0