Kodi 17 crashing on Ubuntu 18.04 when sharing library via upnp to Andriod Kodi 18
My 'media center' is Kodi 17.x on Ubuntu 18.04.   It works fine by itself.  It used to work fine with the Kodi app on my phone.  But it looks like at some point the phone app updated to Kodi 18, and now sharing between the systems seems to crash Kodi 17 on Ubuntu.  

Just some general questions before I dig into the logs later tonight:

1.  Is a Kodi 17 server library sharing using upnp compatible with Kodi 18 clients?  Videos do start playing, but like I said before, eventually, the Kodi 17 server dies.  
2.  Is upnp still the preferred way to share libraries?  https://kodi.wiki/view/Syncing_and_sharing .  The reason I ask, is I noticed that when the phone app was updated to Kodi 18, upnp option was turned off.  
3.  Should I start by upgrading Kodi 17 to 18 on the Ubuntu 'server' to match the client versions?  I hope not, because it is working perfectly fine as a stand alone media center connected to my TV.
You should start with your gdb backtrace and your Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 crashing on Ubuntu 18.04 when sharing library via upnp to Andriod Kodi 180