Two Different Kodi Pi Cases
I've noticed that there is an aluminum Kodi Pi Case available in the U.S. and another one that looks more plastic (although probably still aluminum) that is sold in the U.K. 

Does anyone have experience of the U.K. box? It looks nicer to me than the silver/aluminum one. Sorry for the size disparity in the pics (U.S. on the left/U.K. on the right). Thanks!

Image Image
It would appear that both your image represent products from Flirc.  The left was the first generation and the right is their gen 2 version.  Actually, the right image is, more accurately, the box which contains the gen 2 version.

Candidlly, I'm not sure whether the original is still being produced/sold but here's a link to an article on the Kodi site for it.
Thanks for the info! I had seen the article previously, which is where I tried the two links that take you to Buy UK vs. Buy US. The Buy US link takes you directly to a page showing the first generation box, whereas the Buy UK link takes you to a 2nd gen page on the Pi Hut site. My bad that I didn't explore further on the first site. I hadn't heard anything about the 2nd generation case. I like the black "soft touch" shells that cover the aluminum core. Looks nicer to my eyes than the first generation box, which didn't look bad at all.
I have one of each. The second generation one has the microSD card a lot more accessible. I no-longer need tweezers to get the card in or out.

Personally, I think the second generation one looks nicer, although these are definitely the best Pi cases I have had, and I have had quite a few over the years.
Thanks, @mcelliott.

I've ordered a 2nd gen box. 

Depending on how I like it, I might get a few more, as I'm doing Kodi setups for various family members.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two Different Kodi Pi Cases0