Solved TVHeadend dependency to xbmc.codec error
After Upgrading from Kodi 17.5 to Kodi 18.0 today I recognized the tvheadend client addon did not worked anymore. I tried to update the Addon but get following error.

10:17:34.637 T:140309618988800   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[pvr.hts]: Die Abhängigkeit auf xbmc.codec in Version 1.0.1 konnte nicht aufgelöst werden.

In English:

10:17:34.637 T:140309618988800   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[pvr.hts]: Dependency to xbmc.codec with Version 1.0.1 could not be resolved.

Does this mean that there is no compatible addon for Kodi 18.0? Or do I have to update a component the addon is referencing to before?
@Loidt F.Y.I.: New forum users are somewhat limited initially in their forum capabilities due to anti-spam measures. They will go away as you create more posts. I'll change the thread title for now.

In general, it's always helpful to provide Kodi's full debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website, so we won't have start guessing what else happened that may have gotten Kodi into this situation.
Thank you Klojum for your support.

I added the complete debug log since first start after upgrading to kodi.tv pastebin:

https://paste.kodi.tv/jiwaponeqe.kodi

Additionally I forgot to mention that Kodi is running on Libreelec build for general platforms current version 9.0.0 that has been recently released in the last days. Please let me know if I can provide additional information that might help to track down the issue.

Thank you in advanced.
Seeing the exact same error. Updated LibreELEC on a PC today from Kodi 17 to 18 and now see the same issue.

Though this didn't happen on my Nvidia Shield when it auto updated Kodi from 17 to 18.
From the debug log... 

Code:
pvr.hts v3.4.27.1 installed

... which is an old version. My LE 9 (Leia) installations are using pvr.hts 4.4.12. See if you can force an update, but that'd be my guess.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
(2019-02-02, 19:27)Prof Yaffle Wrote: From the debug log... 

Code:
pvr.hts v3.4.27.1 installed

... which is an old version. My LE 9 (Leia) installations are using pvr.hts 4.4.12. See if you can force an update, but that'd be my guess.
 How do you force an update? And is pvr.hts a dependency you update separately from tvheadend?
Code:
Addons -> My Addons -> Tvheadend HTSP Client -> Update

That's the client, which is what seems to be out of date. If you're using the bundled tvheadend back end as well, that's a different story - but let's do the client first.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Somehow the addon repository was not updating the addon reference after upgrade, I triggered repository update several times but addon entry was not updated. However after sometime the new version appeared and I was able to install it. Maybe the repository update was still running in an background process not visible for me. It took at least half an hour or so. So finally I was able to install it normaly and tvheadend connection to the server works like charm now. Laugh

Thanks for all your support, I already feared having to make the week without television.  Angry
Glad it's working, and happy to help. I'll mark this thread as "solved" for you, then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend dependency to xbmc.codec error0