NextPVR client LiveTV stutter on Win10 Kodi 18
OK check your PM's

Martin
Martin,

Version 3.3.13 causes Kodi to close down once I select TV. It begins to either load clients or load recordings but then quickly crashes. Installing steps was just to copy the directory into c:\user\jeff\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\pvr.nextpvr\.

Thanks for trying.

Jeff
Just tried loading addon from zip and same thing. Closes right up.
Jeff
Hi Jeff I will send you another file, this version seems to have problem with some existing code.

Martin
Martin

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsQF6_v-ani-jHSWVpU4rIEIXcjh

This is link to sscreen shots of kodi log with debug. I have them tagged as 'hi_usage' for when NRecord is at 25% and 'gotcha' for when I visually see stutter. The stutter happens on CRenderManager WaitForBuffer and it times out repeatedly. The hi usage happens when it does a curlfile on channel listing 127.0.0.1

Don't know if that points to anything. But I thought a visual tail of the file to match up the log with might help.

Jeff
Hi Martin,

I switched  "Prevent updates during playback" inside Settings -> PVR & Live TV -> Guide to be "On"

No more NRecord spikes in usage and no more stutter. I have not monitored the logs but visually OK.

Jeff
Yes I saw those render messages earlier and don't have enough knowledge of Kodi to explain them.

Martin
Hi emveepee,

I found the conditions that might be useful in reproducing the error I see. The jitter (not the stutter of video) is noticed when Live TV channel is 1920x1080. If in debug mode (ctrl-shift-d) the screen will display the FPS. I see the issue when it changes from 60 to 30 fps. I can fix this by toggling the settings for video from scaling DXVA to Auto and vise versa.

This issue is not seen on 1280x720 LiveTV which are stable at 60 fps and never switch to 30 fps.

I have not yet tried your 3.3.13 build yet because of the loading problem I had on the first one. Maybe will try over weekend.

Let me know if this FPS thing sounds like anything you can look into.

Jeff
1080i  mpeg2 OTA broadcasts are always going to be the biggest problem because of high bandwidth and the deinterlacing.  Mine do show 29.97 as they should however and is not related to the plugin.  720p won't change because they are progressive not interlaced.

Feel free to contact me if you want to continue to test this.  Remember to follow the instruction to  uninstall the addon remove the data and then install from zip. 

While there are changes in 3.13 that reduce spam to the server from Kodi, timeshifting mode is the same.  There is a new extended mode with configurable chunk sizes and other other that might help with the problem or perhaps make it worse, that is what testing is for.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR client LiveTV stutter on Win10 Kodi 180