First Time Kodi person confused - want to get movie thumbnails?
Hello,
I have read the WIKI but I cant seem to get thumnails?
I just want it so when I activate Kidi, the first thing I see is all the movies I have on the external HDD.
Is this possible?
Is it a standard built in thing or I have to choose someones thumbnail program?
Sorry if it sounds dumb to ask.
@hormone

Yes, downloading posters for movies is part of Kodi. It is known as Scraping.

All media you want added to the library needs to be correctly named and saved in the correct folder structure.

I don't know what part of the wiki you read, but follow the guide here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
mmm, I think they have very diffferent ways to name foldrs than my old dune and zappiti.
also, is there a way to have the connected HDD appear on the network, so I can do it all from my PC?
(2019-02-03, 09:21)hormone Wrote: I think they have very diffferent ways to name foldrs than my old dune and zappiti.
Not familiar with the requirements of those.

(2019-02-03, 09:21)hormone Wrote: is there a way to have the connected HDD appear on the network, so I can do it all from my PC?
Possibly, but I don't know your setup.
If it is an external HDD, then just unplug it and connect to your PC. Install Kodi on your PC and work from there. Once you have your library correctly scraped, then use the Import-export library (wiki) function which will create NFO Files next to the movie folders of all the information that was just scraped. Plug the HDD back into where your other Kodi is setup and let Kodi read it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-03, 09:48)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-02-03, 09:21)hormone Wrote: I think they have very diffferent ways to name foldrs than my old dune and zappiti.
Not familiar with the requirements of those.
(2019-02-03, 09:21)hormone Wrote: is there a way to have the connected HDD appear on the network, so I can do it all from my PC?
Possibly, but I don't know your setup.
If it is an external HDD, then just unplug it and connect to your PC. Install Kodi on your PC and work from there. Once you have your library correctly scraped, then use the Import-export library (wiki) function which will create NFO Files next to the movie folders of all the information that was just scraped. Plug the HDD back into where your other Kodi is setup and let Kodi read it. 
Hello,
The USB HDD is connected to the Shield.
The shield is connected via ethernet to the network.
Would prefer to keep the external where is is as not easy to access but it many be the only way in the end.
If you keep the HDD connected to the Shield, then what are you going to do from the PC?

You need to be sitting in front of Kodi to be setting up your library.
My Signature
I would then organise the movie files, read and scan the HDD over the network and then re-upload the scrapped movies.
So I would think?
Its i how my old Dune with Zappiti used to work.
I have a feeling this Kodi, not being a dedicated Movie Player does not work this way?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First Time Kodi person confused - want to get movie thumbnails?0