Game can only be played direct from hard drive
Hi,

I've just set up LibreElec (On Raspberry Pi3) and Kodi 18 and am testing out some old games. The games are stored a SMB network share.

When I play the game, I get this message 'This game can only be played directory from a hard drive or partition. Compressed files must be extracted'.

Is this really saying I have to copy the game locally onto the Pi to play it? All my content is on my network and so I really want to avoid moving it.

Is there any setup I'm missing?

Thanks.
(2019-02-03, 18:03)archie456 Wrote: When I play the game, I get this message 'This game can only be played directory from a hard drive or partition. Compressed files must be extracted'.

Is this really saying I have to copy the game locally onto the Pi to play it? All my content is on my network and so I really want to avoid moving it.

Yes, it is. As per dev info: Some emulators cannot use the vfs. So some cannot use network sources for instance. In that case the ROM will have to be local storage.
I see, it surprises me through that a network share counts as a VFS...

... So is this a Kodi issue or related to the emulator itself?

Thanks.
Emulator issue. The emulator will have to be updated. Some game add-ons work around this by manually copying/extracting VFS files, but there's no functionality in core to do this yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Game can only be played direct from hard drive0