Req Feature request for metadata in video files & UPnP
Is it possible to have tMM write meta data to the video files themselves, usually the mp4 and mkv files? I know there are other formats, but as far as I know, those are the most common ones. I would assume this relates to v3+ only.

I am asking this as I have been trying out multiple media servers, including using tMM as a DLNA server. What I find is that many look to the file's metadata for information. It is easy enough to wipe all existing metadata from the files, but I thought that since tMM does a great job at DLNA serving (using its data vs file metadata), it might be able to help me when I do not have it open (or my laptop on) and only my data source (media server) is on. I often do not leave tMM open on my laptop because, although I love tMM, it is java based and not friendly in a sense of resource sharing.

Also, I am unaware of how the UPnP stuff works exactly, but it is possible to add more feature to that? Meaning, for example, to control the default server sort and providing plot and other data?
has been discussed several times (at mediaportal forum and somewhere else - can't remember)..
the fact is:

a) to write meta data to video files, you need some native logic (there is no java lib which can write this) - we try to avoid this, because that only makes things complicated for a multi OS tool
b) we do not alter video files! this is our dogma. We just _move_ them, but we don't alter them.

because of this two arguments, we won't implement this
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request for metadata in video files & UPnP0