OS X I can't find any media on my network
Ok, I apologise upfront if this is a stupid newbie question but I can't find and media on my network. I have an iMac running OS-X and a Raspberry Pi running Kodi. I have looked through all the tutorials and walk throughs I could find and have had no luck. I even put in what I thought was the correct network path but it still can't see to find anything, even a USB connected to the raspberry Pi. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
HOW-TO:Create Video Library (wiki)

That link may help get you started, as might some of the others in my signature below.

To be clear, you have some media files on one of your machines and you can't get Kodi to find them? Am I correct in that basic understanding of the problem?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes, that’s the issue. I have found some articles where people say that smb is a problem for the latest Mac OS.
Also, @DarrenHill,
I have looked through those links and even though I think I have followed all the instructions, Kodi doesn’t show anything when you browse and even when I put in the network address (but to be honest, I’m not sure if that is even correct)
OK, so a couple of questions to follow up:

* On which machine are the media files stored? The Mac, the Pi or somewhere else on your network?
* What are you using on the Pi to run Kodi? LibreElec, OSMC, CoreElec, Raspbian or something else?

If Kodi is running on the machine that also has the files on it, then it should be able to see them directly (no SMB or anything like that required).

Once we know the full details of the set-up we can help further and maybe move this thread to a more appropriate place for better support.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello Darren
I have a 2015 Mac with OSX.
The files are on a hard drive attached to the Mac. I also shared a folder on the Mac hard drive.
I’m using LibreElec.
Also, I attached a USB with a few video files loaded and when inserted, it shows in the corner that new media inserted but I can’t find it when I browse with Kodi.
I have tried to type in the path but I doubt I have it right. I don’t want to type it out in here, in case it’s something I shouldn’t do.
Thank you for your assistance.
OK let me move this to the OSX section so people more used to dealing with Mac's can assist.

I'm not a Mac user so I can't help too much directly, other than to say that the media on the HD itself should be visible certainly. Specific stuff like network access from the Mac to be visible by the Pi is beyond my knowledge.

Normally for removable drives, they should appear under videos > files from the main menu, and you can browse and scrape items into the library from there.

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for all your help. I did manage to find the hard drive directly when plugged into the pi. I’d still like to sort out the network, so hopefully it can be sorted better in the new location.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sour...te_sources

Check out the above wiki which will take you through adding a video source. IF the source is on a network NAS then you need to add the NAS to the list at step 5 and enter your user id and password for the NAS. This definitely works on the Mac. If done right it adds the NAS as an SMB server.
Should have mentioned that you need to do it both on the Mac and the PI but once set up your movies and videos should be available on both machines.
I have found that, on Mac, NFS is the best and fastest for remote sources in a local network. To enable nfs on your mac, and start at boot, use Terminal.app to enter (note that sudo command requires an admin password. Press return key after each command):

First do:
Quote:sudo nfsd enable

Then do:
Quote:sudo nfsd start

Then you need to edit your nfs share points, located at /etc/exports. In terminal:
Quote:sudo nano /etc/exports

Edit the file to look something like this:

/Volumes/wd.3tb.1/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs
/Volumes/qwerty.5tb/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs
/Volumes/azerty.7tb/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs
/Volumes/dvorak.8tb/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs

Then press ctl-x to save and exit. Each line represents a different Volume that you want to share. Change the volume names to whatever yours are.

Then in terminal:
Quote:sudo nfsd restart

This will reload nfsd and pickup the new shares you added. If you want, NFSManager is also good GUI front end for managing nfs shares.

In Kodi, on your pi, you can locate the sources at:

nfs://<ip-address-of-mac>/Volume/<HD-Name>

replace <ip-address-of-mac> with your mac's IP address and <HD-Name> with the name of the Volume. You probably also want to enable MAC (different from Mac. lol) based IP reservations on your router, so your iMac always has the same local ip address.
(2019-02-16, 12:04)desepticon Wrote: I have found that, on Mac, NFS is the best and fastest for remote sources in a local network. To enable nfs on your mac, and start at boot, use Terminal.app to enter (note that sudo command requires an admin password. Press return key after each command):

First do:
Quote:sudo nfsd enable

Then do:
Quote:sudo nfsd start

Then you need to edit your nfs share points, located at /etc/exports. In terminal:
Quote:sudo nano /etc/exports

Edit the file to look something like this:

/Volumes/wd.3tb.1/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs
/Volumes/qwerty.5tb/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs
/Volumes/azerty.7tb/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs
/Volumes/dvorak.8tb/ -mapall=nobody -alldirs

Then press ctl-x to save and exit. Each line represents a different Volume that you want to share. Change the volume names to whatever yours are.

Then in terminal:
Quote:sudo nfsd restart

This will reload nfsd and pickup the new shares you added. If you want, NFSManager is also good GUI front end for managing nfs shares.

In Kodi, on your pi, you can locate the sources at:

nfs://<ip-address-of-mac>/Volume/<HD-Name>

replace <ip-address-of-mac> with your mac's IP address and <HD-Name> with the name of the Volume. You probably also want to enable MAC (different from Mac. lol) based IP reservations on your router, so your iMac always has the same local ip address.  
Using Catalina, I have found that these volumes are locked down and protected by SIP. I run Kodi on my libreelc media center. Kodi can see the Volumes but not their contents. I have disabled SIP on my Catalina system (not my main one which still runs Mojave) and zeroconf/NFS works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I can't find any media on my network0