v18 on Nvidia Shield - RAR files does not get updated in library
My movies does not get updated in the Library after the update to v.18 Leia.

I have found up that it is only the RAR file movies. Those movies which are already extracted is not an issue. The RAR file movies are no where to be found after a library update.

Anyone with similar experience, and maybe even a solution?
Kodi 18 requires a Virtual File Server addon for compressed file formats such as RAR. Did you install than one?

Also don't double-/crosspost identical posts. If necessary, posts will be moved by a moderator.
i have the excact same problem.

After auto updating to 18.0, it dident see my series and movies if they were in rar files, very strange i thought..... then i instaled some rar archive addon, and now i could see them when i vent in to videos (but still not in tv shows and movies).... then i tryed deleting tv and movies and add them again, and that was when i realised that i could no longer see my netword drive, so i could no longer add the different directories ?

I thought something broke under update, so i deleted kodi and reinstalled - still same problem, it dosent see any of my network drives ( i have 7 computers in total, and all computers can see eachother) and the fork kodi version called SPMC still works perfectly and still sees my network drives, still updates rar tv shovs and so on....

It seems something went really bad in that last update.......

Can i revert back to the previous version ?

Im also on a Nvidea shield pro........

Ill bet you that you cant see your network drives anymore........
FINALY I FOUND THE SOLUTION !!!!!!!!!

Go to settings - services - settings - SMB client, and set minimum protocol version to NONE, set maximum protocol version to NONE, say yes to restart KODI, start kodi again, and now kodi can see you network drives !   Rar archives aswell !!

took me freaking 3 days to figure out this freaking thing
(2019-02-06, 06:54)briankdk Wrote: set minimum protocol version to NONE, set maximum protocol version to NONE
It also means that your whole network likely remains at SMBv1, which is the big insecure Swiss cheese version of Samba (go Google for 'WannaCry').

(2019-02-06, 03:23)briankdk Wrote: It seems something went really bad in that last update.......
Call it "outside interference". Samba's initial version was created, twisted and now disabled by Microsoft in Windows' updates. If you still use SMBv1, don't come to us when your network gets compromised.
Is 'WannaCry' also an issue on Nvidia Shield? According to the google posts I've found, it is targeted againts MS Windows.
(2019-02-06, 00:29)Klojum Wrote: Also don't double-/crosspost identical posts. If necessary, posts will be moved by a moderator.

I did'nt. It was a different subject. But I will be careful.
(2019-02-06, 09:16)Brasmuss Wrote: Is 'WannaCry' also an issue on Nvidia Shield?
AFAICT, anything connected via SMBv1 is a possible target. There was WannaCry at that time, but who knows how many variants of it have already been created? I wouldn't bet on Windows only.
Can someone help with the issue, where "Recently Added" is not updating with the new movies updated in your Movie Library?
i just use windows network sharing Huh?   like millions others..... you want me to install another operating system or what is it you suggest ?
(2019-02-06, 08:18)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 06:54)briankdk Wrote: set minimum protocol version to NONE, set maximum protocol version to NONE
It also means that your whole network likely remains at SMBv1, which is the big insecure Swiss cheese version of Samba (go Google for 'WannaCry').
(2019-02-06, 03:23)briankdk Wrote: It seems something went really bad in that last update.......
Call it "outside interference". Samba's initial version was created, twisted and now disabled by Microsoft in Windows' updates. If you still use SMBv1, don't come to us when your network gets compromised.
i just use windows network sharing ?   like millions others..... you want me to install another operating system or what is it you suggest ?
Can someone help with the issue, where "Recently Added" is not updating with the new movies updated in the Movie Library?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
on Nvidia Shield - RAR files does not get updated in library0